Strong Bad taught my kid to draw

My six year old son really likes Trogdor, so we showed him the sbemail where Strong Bad teaches his friends how to draw a dragon. Surprisingly, the little boy actually learned how to draw a dragon from watching that clip. And because of that, his grandfather now thinks "Strong Bad" is some sort of creative, educational website for children. :rolleyes:

I attach a few samples. Notice the consummate v's. :cool:

Comments

• edited January 2009
    meretchen wrote: »
    His grandfather now thinks "Strong Bad" is some sort of creative, educational website for children.

I thought it was for kids to when I first saw it... But then I heard the word crap and I realized, no.. Just no..
  • edited January 2009
    splash1 wrote: »
    I thought it was for kids to when I first saw it... But then I heard the word crap and I realized, no.. Just no..

Fortunately, my son doesn't understand English. ;)
    Anyway, he hears language much worse than that in school.
  • edited January 2009
    Both from the Teachers and the other Students!
  • edited January 2009
    Mostly from teachers. :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    That's awesome!

When I was little I had an Ed Emberley drawing book - it's like the Trogdor instructions, you start with a simple shape and then build on it to make an animal or whatever. I think I remember reading in an interview that the Chaps were thinking of his books when they did the Dragon cartoon. Anyway, your son might like them.
  • edited January 2009
    Mike wrote: »
    So this is, uh, you know, we learned to draw the Ed Emberley way.
    Also, I believe this is the interview you're thinking of.
  • edited January 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    That's awesome!

When I was little I had an Ed Emberley drawing book - it's like the Trogdor instructions, you start with a simple shape and then build on it to make an animal or whatever. I think I remember reading in an interview that the Chaps were thinking of his books when they did the Dragon cartoon. Anyway, your son might like them.

That looks just like the style he likes. Thank you. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.