Will you release covers?

edited September 2005 in Bone
With the game being released as a downloadable game, will you be releasing covers on the site for people to print out?

Alot of people I know who download online games that they pay for like to burn the installition file to a CD so they always have a backup just incase anything happens to the one installed on their PC. So perhaps a CD cover uploaded on the site would be a good idea.

P.S. Can't wait for the game! I've played Adventure games for over half my life... most of them games your team has worked on.

Comments

• edited August 2005
    I'd be all for an official, downloadable cover art, but the way the game is distributed isn't quite like you seem to be thinking. From what it sounds like it will be similar to Texas Holdem. There will be a file (supposedly roughly 50 megs) that you download. A small portion of it will be playable for demo purposes, while rest of it remains locked until you pay for it. When you pay for it, it becomes activated and the rest of the game is open to you. So a "backup CD" really wouldn't have anything that you can't just re-download regardless of having paid for it. You're simply allowed "access" to the whole game once it's been activated. If something happens to the file, you just download it again, and reactivate it in your account. At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

I do love the idea of the cover art, though. I hope Telltale considers it!
  • edited August 2005
    I thought it had to be unlocked (with a serial number) when we came to that stage the demo ended. Or we could unlock it in the main menu, so we wouldn't be interupted with the "register!" sign, when the demo ended...

Downloadable CD-cover would be a treat, though, and nice.
    Think about it... I could have all the episodic Bone games, next to my lovable One Volume Edition book :D
  • edited August 2005
    I'd be all for an official, downloadable cover art, but the way the game is distributed isn't quite like you seem to be thinking. From what it sounds like it will be similar to Texas Holdem. There will be a file (supposedly roughly 50 megs) that you download. A small portion of it will be playable for demo purposes, while rest of it remains locked until you pay for it. When you pay for it, it becomes activated and the rest of the game is open to you. So a "backup CD" really wouldn't have anything that you can't just re-download regardless of having paid for it. You're simply allowed "access" to the whole game once it's been activated. If something happens to the file, you just download it again, and reactivate it in your account. At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

I do love the idea of the cover art, though. I hope Telltale considers it!

Hum really?

I fear these type cause if anything happened to the site or if you don't have the net for some reason, would you be able to activate the game?

With a seriel number you'd be able to use it at any point in the future, regardless of if TellTale was still around etc.
  • edited September 2005
    On their main site they have this image:
    box.jpg I love it and it's image name is even 'box'. It would be great to get a high resolution image of it, and all sides, that would be able to cover a typical box, such as one you can get a the USPS for mailing.
    Or maybe, a cereal box size... we all get cereal boxes, and those boxes aren't as fun as they used to be back in the early 90's.
  • edited September 2005
    > ...cover a typical box, such as one you can get a the USPS for mailing. Or maybe, a cereal box size... we all get cereal boxes, and those boxes aren't as fun as they used to be back in the early 90's.

Surely a DVD case slipsheet would be the most convenient to have / print / insert. Can fit easily on an A4 sheet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.