The Walking Dead Chapter 2: Safe haven

This story will reference the comic, TV show, and Telltale's game! Please note that this is fan-fiction. The cross between the three forms of entertainment are not in the same universe. This story will simply reference little things in from the three masterpieces!

Chapter 2 is UP!!! I decided to just to make the choice to save Will! What will happen next? Find out now!

John: Shit, shit, shit....

David:(Grunts) Ah, crap....

• John starts to see Davids wounds are about to give. He has all the medical supplies he needs. John peeks out to see Will and the four savages cornering him. Will has sweat forming on his face. John, closes his eyes. He opens them with a face raging with fury.

John: I'm sorry, David.

David: Wait, what?

John takes out his 9mm and aims it at Max.

BOOM

• Blood splatters everywhere. And Nate looks in horror to see Max dead. Will looks at John and runs to the car. The other two people with Nate start to take aim.

Nate: Mary! Adam! Take cover.

• The two do what they were told to and they take cover behind a General store across from the building where the car crashed. Then, John starts to shoot three more times, until he has to reload. Mary takes her revolver and shoots and John. However, John takes cover, and closes his eyes.

ZOOOOOM

• The bullet whizzes by! John stands up until another bullet is fired by Mary!

• John dives into cover once again.

David:FUCK!!!

John:No. no, no, no ,no.

Nate: YOU CAN'T FUCKING HIDE FROM US YOU ASSHOLES!

Adam: MAKE THIS EASY FOR YOURSELF!!

• David's stomach begins to bleed. Mary, Nate, and Adam slowly, but surely walks to the building, aiming their guns at the place where David and John are taking cover.

David: I can't.... I... can't die....

John: C'mon....

• John picks up David, and vaults over into the alley. Quietly.

David: Eaddfv....fuhhh......

John: Be quiet.

Will: FUCK YOU!

BLAST

John stands up. Not caring for his own safety, and runs over to where heard blast. He sees the ruined car, and blood now splattered all over the windshield. John slowly walks to the side of the car only to see Mary.

Dead.

• Suddenly a two arms lock onto his neck! John tosses and turns, but to no avail. Losing breath, John realizes that one arm is not locked on to his neck anymore. He struggles some more, then stops. His eyes widen. His face, sweating and red. John feels metal next to his head.

Adam: Move one more FUCKING step, and he gets it.

• John sees Will pointing a shotgun at him and Adam. Will, slowly puts the shotgun down until-

Adam: Shit! You bit my fucking arm!

John: Will, now!

• John dives out of the way, hearing the shotgun blast entering Adam's body.

John: Piece of shit....

Nate: FUCK YOU, FUCK ALL OF YOU!!!!

Nate runs away climbing a bus and jumps over. John runs after him, only before Will puts his hands on his shoulder, shaking his head.

John:(Pants)

Will:.....

Will: Where's David?

John: Oh shit...

• John runs over to David still lying in the alley. John feels his pulse.

Will: Is...he?

David: Fuuhhh......I'm... a- ali....good....

John: He's alive!

John:Quick! Put pressure on the wound!

• Will puts his shotgun down and pulls up his sleeves.

David:Eeehhhh....

John: Crap!

• John pulls out a first aid box from his backpack and removes it's contents. Will looks nervously at John. John returns his look. He gets a blood bag and a needle for stitching.

John: Let's do this.

33 hours later

Crow: Caw! Caw!

• John looks up to see a crow flying about and then resting on top of a road billboard. Around John, is a mankind's territories and land reclaimed by nature.

Will: Nothing in that bus over there.

John: Dang. Nothing? Not even shoes, or clothing?

Will: Nope. Just moss and bugs.

John: We need to find bandages.

Will: Why don't we use one of the jackets we have?

John: We only have two. Better not waste one.

Will:'kay then.

• John proceeds to walk about in the streets of Boston, looking at every building, every nook and cranny to find supplies.

John: Hey, there are some cars here, Will. Check if there is gas.

Will: Okay.

• Will approaches to a red pick-up truck, takes out siphon hose.

Will: So..

John: So..what?

Will: About yesterday. I was cornered because of those assholes. I could've died. And not only that, David's wounds were about to give-

John: Wait, how did you know about that?

Will: Because you didn't stitch them, remember?

John remembers David talking about what had happened to him, and how he himself said he was going to stitch them later.

Will: Well, anyway, why did you want to save me?

John: How can I let a guy die when he saved me a buncha times when the dead began roaming the place?

• Will smiles and proceeds to check for gas i another car

John: There is only one thing I don't understand.

Will: What's that?

John: Where the hell did you get a shotgun?

Will:It was hidden back in the back of the car.

John: Sonuvabitch....

Will: Look let's get back to the tent ok?

John: Yeah, I'm comin.

• John looks at Will walking back to get to their camp. John's smile fades away. He looks on top of that road sign once again to see the crow resting on top of it.

• John follows Will back to camp, both quiet.

Will: Thanks.

John: About what?

Will: When your father died twenty years back, your mother made me promise to keep you safe before she went to prison. I always thought you were the one who looked up to me. The one who knew he could count on me.But yesterday....Yesterday was different. I had to count on you.

John: Look, as I said, you've been taking care of me ever since I was only 6 years old. And when this outbreak started, you've had my back all the time. So, take this as the result of twenty years of work.

Will:(Chuckle)

• As they reach their camp, John and Will keep their backpacks down by the fire. John goes inside a tent.

John: David?

David: John?

John: How ya doin'?

David: Pretty good....pretty good....I might be able to-

• David tries to get up, but to no avail.

David: Goddammit...

John: Just rest...

David: I've been resting for since yesterday. I don't want to be a burden.

John: You will be a burden if you open your wounds again.

David: Okay, okay.

John: Look here.

• John hands David a jacket.

John: We only have two. I'll give the other to Will. It'll be chilly soon.

David: What about you? (Puts on jacket)

John: I'll manage in the days to come. We better find a warm place soon. All we can hope is for safe future.

David: What about my group?

John: Do you know where they were headed?

David: Somewhere in Boston. We heard about a "safe haven". Hopefully, my group will be there.

John: We hope.

End of Chapter 2.

Sorry, no important decision here. Chapter 3 might be posted later. I'm planning it to be longer than chapter 2!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.