Unending Darkness: Season 1 (Walking Dead Interactive Fanfic)

edited August 2014 in Forum Games

Thank you everybody for your patience! This is where all of the episodes of Season 1 of Unending Darkness will be posted! Please vote in all choices given, if possible. Discussions are allowed! If you want to create a character and join in on the story go here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/79046/unending-darkness-walking-dead-interactive-fanfic-character-submissions

Episode 1: A Rude Awakening.

Rayleigh, North Carolina, United States of America

“Ugh…my head!” Bill woke up, and started to realize and remember what had happen. He remembered two men with clean, sharp haircuts and handcuffs yelling his Miranda Rights as they pressed his face against a thick wooden table. Bill also remembered why the officers came to the Rayleigh 'Plug and Chug' bar, and that was because of him. The bartender told him he wasn't going to serve him anymore, and he hoped over the bar and nearly beat the man to death. Lucky for the bartender, another one of the 'Plug and Chug' employees called the Rayleigh Police Department.

Now that he remembered what happened, he opened his eyes. It appeared that he blacked out in the RPD patrol car, but why was he still in it? It was completely stopped, yet, none of the officers offloaded him. “What the fuck is going on…?” He said, slowly raising his head up and looking out the window. The streets were completely empty, no paramedics, no police, no firefighters, no pedestrians. Nothing. “What the…?” He tried to reach his hands out and touch the divider that separated him from the officer’s seats, but he remembered that his hands were still cuffed. Instead, he leaned his head against the divider and attempted to get the policemen’s attention. “Holy shit!” Bill yelled out, as he brought his head back from the barrier, the two policemen were dead.

It was truly a gruesome scene. It appeared that the officers died when their vehicle collided with another vehicle, or perhaps an incoming pedestrian, and crashed straight into a three-story, brick building, which also explained how Bill lost his consciousness. The officer in the passenger seat was not wearing his seat belt during the time of the crash, resulting in a massive amount of blunt force trauma to his head, flinging the passenger’s blood all over what was left of the smashed main window. The officer in the driver’s seat had been impaled by a loose metal object, which stabbed clean through his lungs, which most likely killed him relatively quickly.

Bill’s mind raced. All he could think of was escaping the patrol car. He proceeded down towards the right rear window, while still bound by handcuffs, and got into a position for kicking out the glass. Suddenly, Bill heard a noise that sounded like an old man, rasping for air, yet it sounded like something cold, dark and evil out of one of his numerous nightmares. Bill turned his head, slowly to where it came from, the driver’s seat. Blood slowly trickled down from the dead driver’s wound, which stained his blue uniform and his white skin. “Officer?” In an instant the reanimated policeman sprung at the divider between the two, and started savagely hitting it, groaning and shrieking as he did so. “What the hell?! Get away from me!” Bill yelled, as it pressed its face against the cold, metal grate that protected Bill from it. The man’s mind kicked into full gear, he peered at what he could do, because by the amount of force that…that freak was putting onto the old metal partition, it would be through within the minute.

He used all of the strength in his legs to kick out the rear door windows, but they were reinforced glass, compared to normal civilian vehicles. The thick police window started to crack, slowly, but at this rate, the divider would come down any second. He looked on the floor for anything to help defend himself, when Bill noticed one of the officer's keys stuck in a crevice between the passenger seat and the door, which most likely happened during the crash. Bill, knew now, that without those keys, he had no hopes in defending himself. With his left foot, he pulled off his right shoe, and tried to grab the keys with his toes. He felt the cold keys between his big toe and the bottom of his foot, but the one of the hinges of the divider broke, startling him and making Bill drop the keys. "So stupid!" Bill scowled himself as he dropped them, and reached for them again. He felt it, and pulled the keys out of the crevice and dropped them on his own seat. Within seconds, Bill was able to unlock the handcuffs, and noticed the rest of the hinges were about to come loose. The divider was finally broken off its hinges, and the creature fell on top of him. Luckily, for Bill, the freak landed on top of the grate, which still prohibited the thing from gnawing on him. Bill strained and pushed the grate, in effort to get some space between him and it. Then he noticed the thin piece of black, serrated-edge metal which killed the officer in the first place, was still protruding from his raised corpse. “Get off me, you fucker!” He yelled with an amazing amount of adrenaline aiding him in pushing the grate, and the freak on top of it off and holding it a clear six inches above him. This gave him the time he needed; Bill reached one hand around the grate, grabbed the blade, and pulled it out with a jerk.

He then stabbed it, first in the stomach, then again in the chest, and then lastly in the neck, yet the freak-show kept on reaching for him. “Just die, will you?!” Bill plunged the object through the top of the officer’s skull, ceasing all movement from the thing. Bill took a long, well-deserved, deep breath, “Damn, this son of a bitch smells nasty.” He then looked back out the window, and it reminded him that he still had to escape out of the car. Bill put his shoe back on, and pulled himself up. With the divider down, Bill slipped through the middle of the two front seats, and was able to climb over the driver’s seat, but cautiously while he did so. The man was afraid of the other officer in the passenger seat also coming back to try and eat him, but it didn’t.

He finally got out of the car and took a look around. It looked as if he was in the downtown area, but where were all of the people? Nothing was left, but a few other crashed cars, some empty shopping carts, and broken glass. For once in a long time, Bill heard nothing. Not a sound. But that didn’t last long, a loud yell, which sounded to be a male’s screech, was heard from just down the street. Bill sprinted to the yell, in hopes to find other people who knew what the hell was going on.

Bill had a visual of what was going on as he reached the beginning of an alley way at the end of the avenue. One man stood on top of a large green dumpster, but was surrounded by seven of the freaks. He was about to leave the man to his fate, when he heard another helpless scream come from him, causing him to stop in his tracks and look at the other survivor. He was faced with a decision.

1) Leave. He would do the same for you, right?

2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but it’s not the safest choice.

Comments

• edited August 2014

Wait, what happened to his handcuffs? Shouldn't he have unlocked them?

2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• Sorry, I forgot to copy and paste that part of the story! Thank you for reminding me!

sardines posted: »

Wait, what happened to his handcuffs? Shouldn't he have unlocked them? 2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• Thanks for the reminder again, and I updated it!

sardines posted: »

Wait, what happened to his handcuffs? Shouldn't he have unlocked them? 2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• That's a very good beginning!

Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• 2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• Thank you!

That's a very good beginning! Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• 2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but also it’s not the safest choice.

• 2) Help. It’s the right thing to do, but it’s not the safest choice.

This seems to be promising, so I submitted a character :)

• 1) Leave. He would do the same for you, right?

Seriously, He was surronded by seven walkers, Helping him would get us both killed.

THIS FIC NEEDS TO BE MORE ACTIVE

It's time for the Badassery to begin.

• *help out it's the right thing to do, but not the safest choice**

• OK guys has anyone seen clayton?

• Sorry, I was under anesthetic in the hospital. They were removing a mole that was pretty scary, but luckily, it doesn't look cancerous to them!

Lord_EAA posted: »

OK guys has anyone seen clayton?

• edited August 2014

OMG o Clayton sory for bothering you

it wasen't my intention it's just ..................................without you this story dies i was just afraid that this would be like last time (i wasen't there but ive heard mention's hence me saying Here we go again

ps i know i asked/replied you but what's the character limit per person?

Sorry, I was under anesthetic in the hospital. They were removing a mole that was pretty scary, but luckily, it doesn't look cancerous to them!

• I really don't have any character limit, as long as it isn't a completely astronomical amount of characters, it's fine with me (although, they may not come into the story until later). Don't worry about it, man, you didn't know!

Lord_EAA posted: »

OMG o Clayton sory for bothering you it wasen't my intention it's just ..................................without you this story dies i wa

• edited August 2014

The vote is over. Bill will attempt to save the survivor. Sorry for the wait, I was in the hospital for most of the week! The second episode of Unending Darkness!

Bill, after a few seconds of consideration, finally gave in to his overwhelming conscience and went to help the man. “Over here, you pieces of shit!” He yelled, and five of the seven reanimated monsters turned around and started walking towards him. Bill snatched up a lead pipe off the ground and prepared for the freaks arrival.

The first attacker simply had its mouth open and lunged for his neck, which Bill was able to deflect by hitting the thing directly in the temple with his crude pipe, splashing blood against him and the alley’s brick wall. The next outstretched its arms as if it were attempting to hug him. Bill ducked, and hit out its legs with the pipe, sending the creature tumbling to the ground. To his surprise, the monster still relentlessly tried to bite at his ankles, so he curb stomped the thing’s head into the street, and ended its miserable existence. The last three all charged Bill at the same time, so he quickly started to back up, but suddenly another freak show grabbed him from behind and began to lay its disgusting, decaying lips on his neck. Bill grew numb, he knew the creature was going to bite at his throat and not stop until he died, instead of fighting it, like he always did, he gave in. If this was his time, then so be it. Bill thought of his deceased wife and daughter. He also wondered if some form of afterlife existed, and maybe he’d see his gunned-down family there.

A loud pop rang into his ears, and a bullet punched its way through the skull of the monster behind him, then three more flew passed him, taking out each of the hostiles in front of him. He turned around to see a man wearing Air Force tiger striped camouflage and a USAF combat helmet, holding a Beretta M9 in both of his hands. The airman let off two more shots, taking out the last couple of freaks trapping the man on the dumpster.

The service man stared curiously at Bill for a few moments, then called out to his comrade, “You okay, Stevey?”

A loud grunt came from his ally, who was climbing down the dumpster that provided safe haven for him during the fight, followed by, “Yeah, Dave. Smooth fucking sailing.”

Episode 2: Cornered

New York City, New York, United States of America

“Leo, Rodney, Pete, get this door barricaded! Skylar, get on the phone with the police, get them down here ASAP!” Sparky shouted out, before grabbing his sledgehammer off the floor and grasping it, tightly in his hands. “Don’t worry; I got any of the bastards that get in!”

The five of them had scrambled into the fifteen story complex when the rioting on the streets was broken up by hordes of the undead and trigger happy US Contagion units cutting off either side of the looting survivors. Unlucky for the five of them, the building’s inhabitants had been wiped out hours before they gained entrance, and all that was left was the reanimated dead.

Pete pushed with all of his might against the door, while Rodney and Leo started to pick up the large dinner table in the dining room ten meters away from the front door, to prop up against the door in order to keep the dead at bay. One of the biters reached its ugly head into the apartment through the cracked open door, and started to try and gnaw at Pete’s arm. “Hurry the fuck up! I can’t hold them forever!” Pete yelled, which was nearly interrupted abruptly by Sparky’s sledgehammer smashing right through the creature’s skull.

“Just shut it and hold them back, or we’ll give them you!” Sparky shouted into Pete’s ear.

Leo and Rodney motioned Pete to move away, and the two quickly propped up the table against the thick, metal door. Luckily, it seemed as if it was enough to contain the hallway full of monsters, for now. “Whew, that was a close one!” Leo sighed, as he leaned against the wall, wiping his hands on his crimson business shirt. “The fuckers almost had us back there.”

“The line’s busy!” Skylar’s voice called out from down the apartment’s hallway.

Sparky jogged into the bedroom that Skylar was dialing the police from and answered her, “You gotta be kidding me! Nine-one-one is busy?!”

Skylar stood there with her left hand wrapped around the phone and stared blankly at her machete in her right. She paused for a moment, hoping to get directed to an actual police officer than to just be told off by the answering machine. “Yep, they just keep sending me back to voice-mail.”

Leo’s voice yelled throughout the apartment, “Sparky, they’re getting through again!”

“I’ll be right there!” He shouted out the door, and then Sparky turned and faced Skylar and said, “Keep trying the police department.” He then sprinted out of the room and towards the front door.

Skylar listened to the answering machine for the sixth time, and then noticed another door to her right, that was barely opened. Skylar (thinking it to be a closet, or a bathroom) peaked her small head out the door, and noticed it lead to the next empty apartment. The entrance to this apartment, however had been busted into, but there was no sign of the dead freaks anywhere. This apartment seemed much smaller, and had clothes and blood littered all around the living room area.

Skylar stealthily walked over to the entrance, tip-toing over the clothes and empty boxes that cluttered her path. She peered out the next apartment’s door and noticed that all of the fiends were distracted with her friends barricading the front door of their apartment. At least thirty of the monsters pressed up against the door (maybe even more), attempting to bring it down, and feast upon Rodney, Leo, Pete and Sparky inside. Skylar’s inner survivor came out, and she looked down the other end of the hallway. It was completely clear. Skylar knew they had watched her back, but in a way, she felt like they also slowed her down. She could leave now, and the monsters would be too preoccupied by the others barricading the door to stop her.

1) Leave the group. You can look out for yourself; besides these guys just seem to slow you down.

2) Stay with the group. Maybe there’s a small chance all of us can escape out of here…a small chance.

• 2) Stay with the group. Maybe there’s a small chance all of us can escape out of here…a small chance.

The vote is over. Bill will attempt to save the survivor. Sorry for the wait, I was in the hospital for most of the week! The second episode

• 2) Stay with the group. Maybe there’s a small chance all of us can escape out of here…a small chance.

The vote is over. Bill will attempt to save the survivor. Sorry for the wait, I was in the hospital for most of the week! The second episode

• Ok guys, girls i'm gonna make a Nick/Nicole (gender bend nick) type character to be Trevor's best friend but for that to work i would need a person for Him/Her to resemble (keep in mind the character will be Almost identical to the "copied" but will have a made by me personality) and it would feel wrong to just PICK one of your characters without the creators permission

So who here does not mind me doing this dopplegganger to His/Her character? (gender will fully depend on those who don't mind)

• stay with the group. maybe there's a small chance all of us can escape out of here...a small chance

This is awesome glad to see Leo introduced I'm definitely digging this.

• edited August 2014

1) Leave the group. You can look out for yourself; besides these guys just seem to slow you down. My character is doomed to stay with the group because of the voting. ._.

• I'm hoping Leo makes through the encounter I feel responsible for him now...

• man hoping this story does continue..so far I liked where it was going..hope you are better soon clayton

• edited September 2014

anybody heard from clayton, know if this is gonna continue?

• I have absolutely no idea

crawfish posted: »

• Clayton is just busy, don't worry.

• Anybody have word on Clayton? Still just wondering if this story will continue? It started out really, really well and I am hoping that it does.

• His last login was about a month ago :(. Hopefully he comes back.

Anybody have word on Clayton? Still just wondering if this story will continue? It started out really, really well and I am hoping that it does.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.