Adventure Gamers interview

WillWill Telltale Alumni
edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Just ran across this at Adventure Gamers. Figured you guys might be interested: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,988/

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Awesome. But yeah, I'm pretty much at a point where I would like some gameplay-videos (although, looking at the previews, the first episode needs a bit more of tuning). I'm really curious, it looks like it's going to be something completely different from what we're used to, so, yeah, bring it on!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    The demo AG played was created about two months ago. Which, in Telltale development land, is an eternity. :D

(And I predict there will be a video to tide you over very soon!)
  • edited March 2009
    Nice! Looking forward to it!
  • edited March 2009
    I still don't understand how the interface works.
    Okay, you manouver Wallace/Gromit through the keyboard, but the preview says you "select" hotspots through the mouse. So, is it point & click? Or does the mouse works as the second stick on a gamepad?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Or does the mouse works as the second stick on a gamepad?

More like that, yeah. (There's also a method for navigating entirely with the keyboard, if that's your preference.)

As I mentioned on another thread, I played through the first episode last week using just the keyboard/mouse controls and found it pretty comfortable - and I'm a point & click die-hard, so that's saying a lot. :D
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    More like that, yeah. (There's also a method for navigating entirely with the keyboard, if that's your preference.)

I guess WASD + arrow keys?
    Thanks for the reply. :)
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »

As I mentioned on another thread, I played through the first episode last week using just the keyboard/mouse controls and found it pretty comfortable - and I'm a point & click die-hard, so that's saying a lot. :D
    You're also a PR lady on the company payroll, though, so please understand if I take your opinion with the slightest grain of salt. ;)

All the same, the pure facts of the controls(removed from any opinions) is sort of interesting. It may work, and it may feel organic for the franchise we're talking about. But I still think it has a chance to fall on its face, and I can't see direct control working for, say, Sam and Max.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    All the same, the pure facts of the controls(removed from any opinions) is sort of interesting. It may work, and it may feel organic for the franchise we're talking about. But I still think it has a chance to fall on its face, and I can't see direct control working for, say, Sam and Max.

:confused: open up your mind
  • edited March 2009
    My mind's pretty open, I think.

A change can be good or bad, or simply ineffectual. I'm leaning towards "bad", while being open to the possibility of "good" when considering the franchise we're working with.

I'm planning on picking it up and messing with it, after all. And I've only really ruled out pre-ordering it before a demo comes out. I don't think it's too closed-minded of me to want to mess around with a change I'm not sure of before I pay up. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.