Crossover Games

edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
To most, the title alone explains the question I am asking in this thread. If this is not you, leave immediately.:)

So, will W&G be compatible?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    It was stated before it will be. Will it be able to run in the Sam an Max/Bone bottle?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    It was stated before it will be.

It was?

I don't actually know if it's compatible, but you can find out Monday when the demo's released...
  • edited March 2009
    Tabacco said so when I asked before.
  • edited March 2009
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    Tabacco said so when I asked before.

I think you misread me then. I'm pretty sure that at the time you asked if it would use DirectX 9, and I said it did.
  • edited March 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    I think you misread me then. I'm pretty sure that at the time you asked if it would use DirectX 9, and I said it did.

DX9 and below works with crossover. Did I just waste $26?
  • edited March 2009
    The demo works perfectly in wine 1.1.17 :-)

I chose "no" when the installer asked to look for DirectX. The launcher worked but the game wouldn't start because the wine version of d3dx9_36.dll was missing some functions.
    So I just googled the dll, downloaded it from dll-files.com and put it in the Wallace and Gromits Grand Adventures/Demo folder :-)

Have fun!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    DX9 and below works with crossover. Did I just waste $26?

Try the demo and see if it works. If it doesn't, we can refund your money.

IIRC Strong Bad had some trouble with Crossover, which is why I'm not sure about Wallace & Gromit.
  • edited March 2009
    I tried it in crossover and it doesn't work there, but using PlayOnLinux and installing the game in the same bottle as Strong Bad, it worked flawlessly (so far).
  • edited March 2009
    We have a Linux with Wine, so I'll try that tonight. And I didn't know Strong Bad worked with Wine! If I did, I may have gotten it for PC, and gotten Rid of my Wii. Too bad Brawl prevents me.
  • edited March 2009
    Wont work for me. :(
  • edited March 2009
    Lapino wrote: »
    I tried it in crossover and it doesn't work there, but using PlayOnLinux and installing the game in the same bottle as Strong Bad, it worked flawlessly (so far).

Bottle for Strong Bad? Tell me more.
  • edited March 2009
    Bottle for Strong Bad? Tell me more.

All righty then:

I installed http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ and used the "install" button. There you can look for "Strong Bad" and you'll see episode one and two there. I installed episode two, but maybe episode one works too, I just haven't tested it. After sb is installed, I used install again but chose "Install a .pol package or an unsupported application". If you choose "manual installation", you'll have the option to "Edit an application already installed". Select the "strongbad-102" prefix, select "No" when asked to configure the prefix and then choose the w&g installer in the next screen. It should be fairly obvious from there on.

Note: you could probably just edit the strongbad pol-script instead of installing sb, but I'm too lazy for that...
    Note 2: If you use pulseaudio (e.g. in newer ubuntu dists), you should use padsp of pasuspender (there are guides out there on the internets)
  • edited March 2009
    The demo works in CrossOver Games on Mac OS X. That's not where I intend to play the real games, but I just had to try with the demo.
  • edited March 2009
    DarthBo, do you have gamepads working with wine 1.1.17?

Thank you.
  • edited March 2009
    The demo works in CrossOver Games on Mac OS X. That's not where I intend to play the real games, but I just had to try with the demo.

Instructions? Oh wait, this isn't intel.
  • edited March 2009
    Wallace & Gromit run beautifully on Crossover Games for Mac after installing the included version of DirectX using the directions found here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.