Rumour: New Bone in Spring

edited March 2009 in Bone
Check out the news story over at mixnmojo for this interesting bit of news that Joystiq have picked up. "Look for a new Bone videogame to be released in the spring." states Publisher Weekly's website. As Jason points out in the article, it's surprising that we haven't heard anything from Telltale about this third game. That could either lead us to conclude that the license is now with a new company, or it is a mistake on Publisher Weekly's part.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    That could either lead us to conclude that the license is now with a new company, or it is a mistake on Publisher Weekly's part.

If it was a mistake, it's unlikely Jeff Smith would have reprinted it on the homepage of boneville.com

Dan Connors has said recently (though I can't dig up a link, unfortunately) that Telltale have some unannounced projects in the works, wouldn't it be lovely if one of them was the 3rd Bone installment?

I don't believe production has started on Sam & Max season 3 yet and Strongbad's wrapped up, so all those non-Wallace & Gromit staffers must have been doing something lately.
  • edited March 2009
    This would be awesome, if true, but I still have a bit of a hard time believing it. Maybe they mean to say that Out from Boneville and The Great Cowrace are going to get ported to the 360 or Wii or something?

But yeah, finishing the series would be great. I wonder what the Telltale staff has to say about it.
  • edited March 2009
    Rest of the series, one episode. BONE: The Game. This Spring. Telltale Games Oregon Branch. Challenge Everything.

Heard it here first.
  • edited March 2009
    Lord I hope so.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2009
    I just played through Out from Boneville and The Great Cow Race again yesterday.icon_boneville.gif

Even with all that Telltale's improved upon in their episodes since then, they're still excellent games. :)

If there is a new Bone game, I hope it's a continuation of Telltale's series. I was really excited to play new episodes whenever they came out back in 2005. They seemed to be making leaps and bounds between installments. I miss them. :(
  • edited March 2009
    Well, if it is true, it won't be made by Telltale, it might be, but it might not, I don't know if it'll be the same because Telltale made the first, the only and the greatest Bone games ever.
  • edited March 2009
    Rumours crushed! Not true, according to Jeff Smith. At least, he says so in the comments on his blog: http://www.boneville.com/2009/03/11/pw-bestselling-comics-in-march-2009/#comments
    #

You know, I don’t know what the video game thing is all about. There is no new Bone video game in the works. I think it may be refering to something Scholastic is planing for its website - - a little flash game, maybe, or it could just be an internet rumor that made it onto the list!

Comment by Jeff — March 15, 2009 @ 11:09 am

Don't shoot the messenger!
  • edited March 2009
    ;_; Dreams crushed, heart broken
  • edited March 2009
    *shoots Tjibbbe*

Sorry, pal.
  • edited March 2009
  • edited March 2009

hello, just because IGN sez it doues not mean it true. class dismissed.
  • edited March 2009
    I think we're in for a disappointment.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.