Snake Boxer Joe

Could someone please tell me if this a Ashita no Joe reference? I can only hope it is.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    No!!!
  • edited March 2009
    I very much doubt it. H*R doesn't have much reference to any real series so it's likely just a coincidence...
  • edited March 2009
    Joe is almost certainly the most generic name possible.
  • edited March 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »

It makes sense in a historical context. I mean, Activision called the Pitfall guy Pitfall Harry...
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah when I hear boxer and Joe that's the first thing that comes to my mind too -_-;
  • EmiEmi
    edited March 2009
    DaVince wrote: »
    I very much doubt it. H*R doesn't have much reference to any real series so it's likely just a coincidence...
    So? It may not reference actual shows much (in fact I can only think of two others), but the game makes references to plenty of other things: Ozzy, The Wizard of Oz, Mussolini, Cyndi Lauper... Why not an anime series even if it is the only reference?
    LuigiHann wrote:
    That thought did cross my mind but as BiggerJ pointed out, it makes sense in a historical context. And The Brothers Chaps, who are credited as writers, have made anime references before.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited March 2009
    Well,I hate you burst your bubble, but it is not a reference to the anime show. I was trying to come up with something that sounded like a character from a vintage Atari 2600 game. Boxer Joe sounded pretty generic, so I went with that. I goes right along with names like Pitfall Harry and Hard Hat Mack.
  • edited March 2009
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    I goes right along with names like Pitfall Harry and Hard Hat Mack.

Yes, you do goes right along with those names.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.