Thoughts of the demo...

Well after this nice and sweet little teaser I have three questions regarding the full game:

1. Will all the episodes be in activision and no mousecontrol regarding movements of the characters?
2. Will there be(e) fan gear?
3. How big are the games in full size?

But I thought it was a nice demo, it is looking very promising - holding my breath untill the 24 of march!

:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• edited March 2009
    But I thought it was a nice demo, it is looking very promising - holding my breath untill the 24 of march!

:D:D:D:D:D

Can you really hold your breath that long? How many laps can you do underwater at the swimming pool?

I'm not planning to try and hold my breath (I think it would be hard to enjoy the game upon release given the brain damage I would likely suffer) but I did really enjoy the demo. It seems like they did a great job of capturing the charm of the animated shorts. My only concern is with the sound mix and dialogue clarity in parts as i discuss in the thread I posted earlier. Looking forward to the full game.

And as a side-note, I love the home page graphics highlighting Wallace & Gromit. The subtle drafting paper outline in the background is a nice touch also.
  • edited March 2009
    1. Will all the episodes be in activision?

Have you played any further than the tutorial, the screen overlay goes away after that.
  • edited March 2009
    azza29 wrote: »
    Have you played any further than the tutorial, the screen overlay goes away after that.
    I'm pretty sure they're talking about the new keyboard controls, which we're stuck with the whole season, I'm afraid.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Ah I thought he was referring to "interactovision" which is the tutorial overlays.
  • edited March 2009
    Two things:

Is it just me or is it really not possible to change the screen resolution in the demo? I'm stuck at 1024 x 768, while i would prefer 1280 x 1024, but somehow I can not change to any of the listed resolution. I never had such problems with S&M oder SBCG4AP.

I don't have a widescreen display, but the game is only displayed in Widescreen. Is there a way to use the full screen?
  • edited March 2009
    No, the game is always letterboxed to a 16:9 aspect ratio. You should be able to change to 1280x1024 but the game will still run letterboxed.
  • edited March 2009
    Love the demo so far.
    I didn't find a possibility to turn down the music-volume a bit.
    Is there any?
  • edited March 2009
    Having played the demo Im abit disappointed with the voice acting (Wallace) and the lack of music volume (couldnt hear the voices sometimes!) but apart from that it could be quite fun.

Hope the puzzles get harder too :p
  • edited March 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    No, the game is always letterboxed to a 16:9 aspect ratio. You should be able to change to 1280x1024 but the game will still run letterboxed.

Ouch! It means it's the same for the final game, not only the demo?
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Ouch! It means it's the same for the final game, not only the demo?

Having a fixed aspect ratio allows our choreographers to know exactly what will and won't be in their shots.
  • edited March 2009
    tabacco wrote: »

Ok, then I will play in Widescreen ;) , but I am still unable to change the resolution for some reason. If I click on one of the listed resolutions, nothing happens, and using the keyboard doesn't seem to work either.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Mirko wrote: »
    If I click on one of the listed resolutions, nothing happens, and using the keyboard doesn't seem to work either.

When you click a resolution in the list, does it become selected/bold? Or is there no visible change?
  • edited March 2009
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    Having a fixed aspect ratio allows our choreographers to know exactly what will and won't be in their shots.

... and I guess there are other reasons too, as this is the 4th 2009 game I play, and the 3rd that is fixed to 16:9, the other two being first person-free camera (where the choreography argument doesn't apply).
    (sigh) the last thing I want to spend money on is a new monitor - but I'm already hating 1280x720...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Why is there no independent audio volume for speech and music as it was in Sam&Max?
    For me the music is much to loud. I used to turn it down in S&M in order to be able to understand the dialog better. Since i am not a native English speaker this is essential for me.
  • edited March 2009
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    When you click a resolution in the list, does it become selected/bold? Or is there no visible change?

There is no visible Change. And there seems to be a Thread about the exact same Problem in the Support Forum: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7980. Should I post again there?

EDIT: Now I just did post there, as it is probably better to have the discussion about this problem in one Place.
  • edited March 2009
    ... and I guess there are other reasons too, as this is the 4th 2009 game I play, and the 3rd that is fixed to 16:9, the other two being first person-free camera (where the choreography argument doesn't apply).
    (sigh) the last thing I want to spend money on is a new monitor - but I'm already hating 1280x720...

Umm, yeah, no matter what, it's always letterbox. The same thing for Peter Jackson's King Kong game. It gives the presentation a cinematic sense.
  • edited March 2009
    I was reminded how much I miss grim fandango when I played the demo. It is a great start. Pretty good chance I'll buy this one for my little cousins.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.