Writer from Bungie joins Telltale to work on Game of Thrones

IGN Article

After two years working on Bungie's Destiny, writer Joshua Rubin is departing the studio to work on Telltale Games' upcoming Game of Thrones project.

"It's a privilege to be working on Telltale's Game of Thrones," Rubin said via Twitter. "I am such a massive fan of the HBO show!"

Rubin previously served as the lead writer at Visceral Games and Capcom, and penned the script for Assassin's Creed II, which landed the No. 14 spot on IGN's Top 100 Games of Last Generation. Rubin said that, despite his years of experience writing video games, he has a high bar to meet.

Comments

• This will be good

• Well this got even more interesting.

• I think the writer will give it more of a boost.

• edited August 2014

"And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast." George RR Martin A feast for Crows

Cant wait! :)

• LOL

Lee4ever posted: »

"And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast." George RR Martin A feast for Crows Cant wait!

• Oh boy, I was excited about this at first but now that I've played Destiny and experienced its HORRIBLE story i don't know how to feel now.

• Rubin said that, despite his years of experience writing video games, he has a high bar to meet.

Obviously.

Because he sucks.

• Dis gon b gud

• I actually didn't like Destiny's story after playing it. I'm a little worried now.

• edited September 2014

Well, I hope that he has improved or that he writes an episode with another writer.

He did write Assassin's Creed 2 along with other writers and that game was well received (at least I like the story) and he wasn't the only writer of Destiny and it might not have been entirely his fault.

Update: So I checked on the end credit for the game and I found out that there are six other writers who wrote the story.

• AC2 story was good, but Destiny's story had some problems. I hope this guy brings his A game to help create this story.

• I heard Destiny story was terrible, several negative review focusing on the weak story/immersion and great combat (which has nothing to do with writer)

I don't know... I'm more than a bit concerned...

• edited September 2014

1 Month Ago

I read the IGN article about this
    Me: Oh, that will be awesome.

Now
    Me: Destiny's story sucked, so... we're fucked.

• I hated the story in AC 2 for some reason and I have heard really bad reviews for Destiny's story... lets just hope this guy doesn't fuck up Game of Thrones.

• Long ago, the forum was excited about Joshua Rubin being the writer for Game of Thrones.

But then, everything changed when Destiny was released.

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.