Will you buy Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures?

edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
I love the demo, but I don't really want to play it on PC and I don't have an Xbox 360; I'm gonna wait 'till the end and see if they make a disc for Wii.

What about you?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    100 people and beyond say yes.
  • edited March 2009
    Sinker182 wrote: »
    I love the demo, but I don't really want to play it on PC and I don't have an Xbox 360; I'm gonna wait 'till the end and see if they make a disc for Wii.

What about you?

I'm going to wait for the Wii release also. Until then, the demos will have to keep me satisfied.
  • edited March 2009
    voted PC, although I'm not going to - I've already ordered it ;)
  • edited March 2009
    I'll get it, but I might wait for the next time there's a sale.
  • edited March 2009
    :D Well you can get it now. There IS a sale going on.
  • edited March 2009
    I honestly don't know.

Telltale seems to be in the business of giving away one game to promote another. I might just give it a go-through after they give me an episode for my purchase of Sam and Max Season 3. And yeah, I know that would be the same deal as the pre-order one, but I'd be able to play a whole episode with the controls first.

Then again, I may just break down because I know the Telltale guys are hiding a quality product behind the annoying controls.
  • edited March 2009
    Of course. The game looks absoultely amazing. I voted for the PC since I want TellTale's bonus disc.
  • edited March 2009
    I collect Telltale games so I'll probably buy them... even though I can't play them.
    Maybe I'll get this girl I know to play while I'm there watching and suggesting puzzle solutions etc.. I don't know.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2009
    I'll probably get both eventually. I'll get the PC version for the bonus disc, but I'll get the XBLA version for the achievements. :)
  • edited March 2009
    Already did, even before I tried the demo. PC all the way for me.
  • edited March 2009
    I'm not convinced at the moment, the controls are kind of annoying, I'm hard of hearing so the poor sound mix means I can't hear any voices at all and from the demo it doesn't seem all that funny or charming. Much as I loved Sam and Max this doesn't seem to be as good. The fact that these games just got a lot more expensive from the collapse of the pound doesn't help either.
  • edited March 2009
    Rubarack wrote: »
    The fact that these games just got a lot more expensive from the collapse of the pound doesn't help either.

Come on, it's only £19 with the current discount. Although it's a shame there is one less episode than usual (please don't keep removing episodes, Telltale! Five worked great...), it's still a bargain price and probably cheaper than what you'd pay for an average retail game for PC.

In regards to the poll, I've got it on pre-order for the PC. I haven't played the demo, but I trust Telltale enough to know that the game will be worth my money.
  • edited March 2009
    I honestly don't know.

Telltale seems to be in the business of giving away one game to promote another. I might just give it a go-through after they give me an episode for my purchase of Sam and Max Season 3. And yeah, I know that would be the same deal as the pre-order one, but I'd be able to play a whole episode with the controls first.

Then again, I may just break down because I know the Telltale guys are hiding a quality product behind the annoying controls.

Annoying controls? I've played a ton of free online adventure games, that use the same controls as Wallace & Gromit. So I'm used to them.

As for buying the games, yes, I did yesterday, via that pre-launch special. :D
  • edited March 2009
    Rubarack wrote: »
    I'm not convinced at the moment, the controls are kind of annoying, I'm hard of hearing so the poor sound mix means I can't hear any voices at all and from the demo it doesn't seem all that funny or charming. Much as I loved Sam and Max this doesn't seem to be as good.

Same here. Planned to buy it, but won't after seeing the demo.
  • edited March 2009
    I'm going to buy it for PC...the demo is very entertaining.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Same here. Planned to buy it, but won't after seeing the demo.

Like Emily said in the other thread, we are still working on tweaking the mix. When voices got compressed for the demo, the compression reduced the audio on all of the voice lines, throwing off our mix. The voices are definitely too soft overall in the demo.
  • edited March 2009
    Yes, once the mix of dialogue and music is changed. Besides I have Strong Bad 4 and 5 to play still and I have to buy Sam and Max Season 2 yet. So I have plenty of Tell Tale to tide me over in the mean time ;)
  • edited March 2009
    I'd buy it right now if you could sort out the Paypal payment option ;)
  • edited March 2009
    Still waiting to hear back on the paypal thing, sorry :(
  • edited March 2009
    What happens with Paypal? I bought it that way with no problem.
  • edited March 2009
    Thanks guys, you fixed Paypal, now I have bought the season.
  • edited March 2009
    Hooray! Sorry it took so long.
  • edited March 2009
    Yes, yes, a million times yes! Thank you telltale for singlehandedly bringing back the adventure game genre. Also, I just found the Broken Sword trilogy on DVD at Virgin. :O Good find!
  • edited March 2009
    I would buy it on PC but my laptop is not fast enough for games. Has anyone tested the demo in Wine? Does it work?

If it came out on Wii (retail) then I would buy it no doubt.
  • edited March 2009
    I absolutly love Walace and Gromit and REALY want to buy it, but my PC is too glitchy to run it and I don't own a 360, so I have to wait for it on Wii. Hurry up, Teltale!
  • edited March 2009
    Only if It will be made for:
    1) Wii
    2) SCUMM (so I can run it in SCUMMVM)
  • edited March 2009
    So, I finally pre-ordered Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. I'm not too happy about the controls, but Telltale has done and continues to do SO MUCH ELSE right. Yare's explanation was simple and down-to-earth, which worked so much better for me than Dan's "Yeah, we're pretty hot stuff, reinventing adventure games as you know it!" attitude from the Joystiq interview.

Honestly, I'm fighting with myself over it a bit. I know the content will be good, I know the delivery will be awesome, I know I'll get a disc with the season. I know that Telltale will continue to be a bunch of great, supportive guys that continue to interact well and directly with their customers.

And, finally, the controls are basically point and click. They're the best I could have hoped for when keyboard controls are dropped on a point and click game, and they obviously worked on getting as many control options as they could afford. I can live with that, I suppose.

Really, I'm buying into the Telltale brand and hoping for the best. I usually don't consider myself a "fan" of any other video game company(I feel it clouds my ZEALOUS CONSUMER ACTIVISM), but Telltale has done quite a bit to earn some benefit of the doubt.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    I would buy it on PC but my laptop is not fast enough for games. Has anyone tested the demo in Wine? Does it work?

Hey Stacey, some people in the Support forum seem to have gotten it working: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8003
  • edited March 2009
    Well, I bought it anyway :p Despite hating the keyboard controls (they're very good for keyboard controls, though... it's not Telltale's fault I have these damn problems with my fingers :p). I found out I can use an old Amiga joystick to make it a little more bearable to play.

Another problem with me is that when a game is based on some license, I need to get whatever it's based on, I have this hopeless collector in me! I managed to convince myself NOT to get all the CSI DVD sets, but I was temped :p
    I did get the Bone books and now I need to get the Wallace & Gromit stuff too :o

Btw, I'm hoping I can send these two games I got to someone as a gift, I already had both of them. I already sent a mail to support asking about this, but if someone from Telltale reads my post here first, feel free to reply :p
  • edited March 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    I did get the Bone books and now I need to get the Wallace & Gromit stuff too :o
    Well, it's basically one movie and four shorts, so it shouldn't be too hard on your wallet... :)

np: Pluxus - Sansui (Solid State)
  • edited March 2009
    I've already bought the game for PC and didn't need anytime to consider buying it; I'd already made my mind up when the game was first announced.

I've played Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 and SBCG4AP and it's come to a point where I don't worry whether the next telltale games will be any good, I've enjoyed them that much.

Charlie
  • edited March 2009
    word up to PC!
    I've already bought the game for PC and didn't need anytime to consider buying it; I'd already made my mind up when the game was first announced.

I've played Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 and SBCG4AP and it's come to a point where I don't worry whether the next telltale games will be any good, I've enjoyed them that much.

Charlie

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (except season 1 o sam and max. not THAT devoted. season 2 awesome and strong bad 2)
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Btw, I'm hoping I can send these two games I got to someone as a gift, I already had both of them. I already sent a mail to support asking about this, but if someone from Telltale reads my post here first, feel free to reply :p

Yeah! i got ice station santa when i signed up and strong bad season customer (WOOT!)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.