Grand Adventures on XBLA - the price and the release date?

When will it be out on Xbox LIVE and how much will it cost MS Points wise? :D Thanks.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    *March 24 is the launch date for the PC version. The game's Xbox Live Arcade launch, pricing, etc. will be announced in the near future.

Pay attention!
  • edited March 2009
    Sorry, just wanted to know for sure.
  • edited March 2009
    We have nothing. Still, we can guess pretty well, I think...

I don't expect the Xbox and PC versions to show up far apart, if not at the same time. And we can expect each episode to be around the $8-10 range, I'd go with 1200 MS points as the most likely guess.

The Strong Bad episodes were $10 each, and their delay meant a PC version delay. They may have changed things due to feedback or Microsoft's set-up as opposed to Nintendo's. But I wouldn't expect a huge deviation(like two months between the PC and XBLA launch of an episode).
  • edited March 2009
    We have nothing. Still, we can guess pretty well, I think...

I don't expect the Xbox and PC versions to show up far apart, if not at the same time. And we can expect each episode to be around the $8-10 range, I'd go with 1200 MS points as the most likely guess.

The Strong Bad episodes were $10 each, and their delay meant a PC version delay. They may have changed things due to feedback or Microsoft's set-up as opposed to Nintendo's. But I wouldn't expect a huge deviation(like two months between the PC and XBLA launch of an episode).

1200 ms points is 15 bucks! 80 ms points = 1 dollar
  • edited March 2009
    1200 ms points is 15 bucks! 80 ms points = 1 dollar
    That's what I get for not double-checking my MS point conversion. I meant 800.

So many "big" XBLA titles are leaning towards the 1200 point mark.
  • edited March 2009
    A lot are very good, actually. Castle Crashers, Braid, Portal, Penny Arcade 2, are all worth 15 dollars. R-Type Dimensions and Are you smarter than a fifth Grader? However, are not worth 15 bucks, It would be rip offs if those cost 4 dollars.
  • edited March 2009
    I'd get Are You Smarter for 4 dollars, though not a penny over 5. :D
  • edited March 2009
    Any chance we can get this information before the pre-order bonus ends for the PC version? I'd really like to know what all my options are before I lose out on one of them :(
  • edited March 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Any chance we can get this information before the pre-order bonus ends for the PC version? I'd really like to know what all my options are before I lose out on one of them :(

XBLA releases get announced the monday before release. So, Monday is when we will here. Also, according to front page, theyv'e extended the pre-order.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »

Nope. We're not doing simultaneous releases this time around, so the timeframe for announcing this stuff is not really tied to the timeframe for the PC version in any way.

When we know, we'll announce it! But right now, we don't.
  • edited March 2009
    I love how they make it as easy as possible to pretend you're not actually spending money. Great marketing tactic.
  • edited March 2009
    I expected Microsoft to be nebulous about the episodes' release dates. I did not expect them to, rather than doing what Nintendo did and forbidding Telltale from releasing the PC versions even one second before the downloadable console versions, simply let Telltale release the episodes whenever they liked.
  • edited March 2009
    Shoqs how much you know about M$
  • edited March 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    I expected Microsoft to be nebulous about the episodes' release dates. I did not expect them to, rather than doing what Nintendo did and forbidding Telltale from releasing the PC versions even one second before the downloadable console versions, simply let Telltale release the episodes whenever they liked.

I'm pretty sure that was Telltale's choice in both cases.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.