Do you think Game of Thrones...

will replace Walking Dead as Telltale's best cash cow?

Comments

• Even though I'm not quite fond of thinking about a particular game as being the company's "cash cow", the chances of that happening are very high. Game of Thrones is HBO's most popular show. I've also read somewhere else that it is also the most popular target in online piracy(2 million people downloaded the season finale in 24 hours). It's also the biggest project(story wise) that Telltale will tackle.

I'm also pretty certain that more people know about Game of Thrones than they do about The Walking Dead, but that's just a guess.

• well the game of thrones books are more popular than the walking dead comics and the game of thrones tv show just surpassed twd tv show as the most viewed show so if telltale do it right there could be a chance that it surpasses twd game

• Possibly. I get the feeling that most Game of Thrones fans will get this, as well as people who will get it just because it's a telltale game. I'm guessing they're going to end up being fairly equal in terms of revenue

• I hope so. But it's still to early to make any predictions. I don't really know anything about the game yet.

• Perhaps its a real good series, unfortunately they will have to do more to live up to the source material. I mean the walking dead comic and show is up and down. The show is fantastic but many book readers cant stand it compared to the books. I personally love both

Have to admit really dont care about borderlands but pumped for game of thrones.

• I'd like to say that The Walking Dead will always remain on top, but why can't all 4 be number one? They're all made by a great company, Tell Tale Games, and they all great and are of some what different genres, not to mention each game appeals to different types of fans, The Walking Dead - zombie fans, The Wolf Among Us - fairy tale fans, Tales from the Borderlands - borderlands fans, Game of Thrones - medieval fans. I know one thing, I'll be buying them all!

• Lol Wolf Among Us isn't really meant for "fairy tale fans." I would say its more for people who like the noir 80's feeling of the game. But I get what you are saying :)

prink34320 posted: »

I'd like to say that The Walking Dead will always remain on top, but why can't all 4 be number one? They're all made by a great company, Tel

• yea like shubba said i wouldn't call twau for fairy tale fans and with game of thrones almost everyone I know is not into any of that medieval stuff but loves game of thrones that is something got has over twd nearly everyone no matter whether they love medieval or not loves it i really do think if telltale pull this off right it will become more popular than twd

I'd like to say that The Walking Dead will always remain on top, but why can't all 4 be number one? They're all made by a great company, Tel

• Maybe. I like them both even though I prefer GoT a little bit more. But I think TWD world is more appropriate for Telltale's type of games.

• Well I guess this Season of the game is great for people who like detective games.

Lol Wolf Among Us isn't really meant for "fairy tale fans." I would say its more for people who like the noir 80's feeling of the game. But I get what you are saying

• Game of Thrones does have allot more fans... I guess some fans will play it depending on how explicit it is... if you know what I mean...

Jewfreeus posted: »

yea like shubba said i wouldn't call twau for fairy tale fans and with game of thrones almost everyone I know is not into any of that mediev

• Who knows? I don't watch it myself, but the show seems to have a decent size audience. TWD can't go on forever...well it could but oversaturation is never a good thing.

• There was nakedness in TWAU. So I'm guessing they'll play that card in GoT too.

Game of Thrones does have allot more fans... I guess some fans will play it depending on how explicit it is... if you know what I mean...

• Nudity in The Wolf Among Us, Sexual References in The Walking Dead.

There was nakedness in TWAU. So I'm guessing they'll play that card in GoT too.

• WoW!! should try this..

Sign in to comment in this discussion.