hello I would like to know if it will have the subtitle in French? thank you

Comments

• ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Yep!
  • edited March 2009
    thank
  • edited March 2009
    Any other languages? If there were German ones maybe I could get my mum to play it... :D

np: Pigeon Funk - Tufa (The Largest Bird In The History Of The Planet... Ever!)
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Wallace & Gromit has English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian subtitles.
  • edited March 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Wallace & Gromit has English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian subtitles.
    W00t! :)
  • edited April 2009
    I'm playing it in German, but I acually want to switch to English. Isn't there such an option?

The German subtitles are fine as long as they are about serious stuff, but jokes usually get lost in translation. I have to listen to the English voices to have a idea what the German subtitles are supposed to mean. So it'd be easier to have English subs right away...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    The only way to switch is to uninstall and then reinstall in English.
  • edited April 2009
    If you're comfortable with editing the registry, you can go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Telltale Games -> WallaceGromit101.exe -> Language
    and change its value to english. I've no idea what Language ID is used for, but apparently it doesn't affect the subtitles so you can leave it as it is.
    Anyway, a setting in the game menu to change the language would be very appreciated in the next episodes :D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Hey Ken, while that definitely works with the subtitles, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some wonkiness with the textures and menus. It's not a 100% guaranteed method to switch the language.
  • edited April 2009
    Thank you. ^^
    I almost finished the episode, so for now I'll just stay with the German subtitles. I'll install episode 2 with English subs.
  • edited April 2009
    I sure hope you'll do the same for Sam and Max season 3
  • edited April 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Hey Ken, while that definitely works with the subtitles, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some wonkiness with the textures and menus. It's not a 100% guaranteed method to switch the language.
    I cannot really tell why, but it bothered me that also some textures got changed with the language/subtitle setting. E.g., the book shelf in the living room contains books with English titles [which is good, because you just cannot translate Beeowulf etc. properly], but the newspaper on the table was German... It didn’t feel right.
    So, installing the game in English to have the English textures and changing the registry setting sounds very good for me. :)

edit:
    Ah, sadly, the setting changes also the textures. :/
Sign in to comment in this discussion.