Rotterdam!

edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Just wanted to say it's pretty cool that my hometown is namedropped in the game, even though it's not actually known for its cheese (although it's a pretty good name for a fictional cheese, I'll give you that!). Other than that, I am enjoying the game immensely so far. Well done, my hat's off to you all at Telltale!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    A fictional cheese, eh? No wonder the Sniffer went bonkers in Paneer's shop. (It is only a prototype...)
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    No Rotterdam cheese? What did Erasmus snack on, then?
  • edited March 2009
    Well, he lived in Gouda for a large part for his life, which of course is pretty famous for its cheese, so he probably ate a lot of that. I'm Dutch, and I've never heard of Rotterdam cheese.;)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    I'm guessing Rotterdam cheese is like "french fries" or "french toast." You ask someone in France for it and they are going to give you an awfully odd look. [/pure speculation]
  • edited March 2009
    Will wrote: »
    I'm guessing Rotterdam cheese is like "french fries" or "french toast." You ask someone in France for it and they are going to give you an awfully odd look. [/pure speculation]
    Yes, but that's because the Belgians invented them, and Belgians are always mistakenly thought of as French, just ask Poirot.
  • edited March 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Well, he lived in Gouda for a large part for his life, which of course is pretty famous for its cheese, so he probably ate a lot of that. I'm Dutch, and I've never heard of Rotterdam cheese.;)
    And he probably ate Swiss cheese while he was in Basel. :D

But yeah, no Rotterdam cheese. One of my favourite cheeses is Leerdammer though (also because it's made with vegetarian rennet), and Leerdam is not too far from Rotterdam. But still, it's a nice touch. :)
  • edited March 2009
    All this talk of cheese has forced me to grill some cheese sandwiches. Pity its only cheddar.
  • edited March 2009
    Wallace would certainly approve of this topic. I would too if I wasn't lactose intolerant.:(
  • edited March 2009
    An inexistent cheese. And you guys said you could pull of Wallace & Gromit because even though you're Amerikaners, you love Wensleydale.

Now we know the truth. You probably also believe cheeses from France to be edible.

Tsk, tsk...

I really can't express how disappointed I am. Words fail me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.