Community Discount Question

edited December 2005 in Telltale Texas Hold'em
Yo! I don't know if this is the right place to ask the question but I here goes!

I just received an E-mail about the community discount of 15% yet I don't understand how to get it (i'm one of those people who needs to be spoonfed these things).

Anyone out there able to tell me of how to do this/how this works?

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2005
    When you buy the game, at some point there will be a place to type in a coupon code, so input the one you received in the email.
  • edited December 2005
    So you mean you can only get the 15% if you're about to buy the game now? Not for people who bought the game about a month ago?
  • edited December 2005
    So you mean you can only get the 15% if you're about to buy the game now? Not for people who bought the game about a month ago?

That's how discounts work, my friend. You can't go to the grocery store and hand them a coupon for some Ritz crackers that you already bought a month or even only a day ago and expect them to reimburse you. What you're thinking about is a rebate, and it's usually for a specific dollar amount, rather than a percentage.

But we can always hope Telltale releases a new game between now and the expiration date of that discount code. ;)
  • edited December 2005
    A quote from the e-mail I got.

"We are offering a special discount to everyone on our mailing list in recognition for their support."

Well surely the only people who have supported Telltale are those who have already bought the game!

And it's not as if the game passes a sale by date.
  • edited December 2005
    It'd say it's just a nice incentive for people that haven't still bought bought of the games, but are on the mailing-list, thus being interested in the company, and give them a helping hand to decide. Nice, but admittely, sneaky gesture. As the coupon goes out before the next game is out :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.