Music too loud

edited April 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
I find it slightly annoying that you can't control the music volume independent of the dialogue volume. It's really a bit loud and annoying after a while and drowns out some of the dialogue.
Otherwise, cracking game so far, lads!

Comments

• edited March 2009
    you can turn on the subtitles.. thats what I did... I found that it was hard to hear some of the dialogue over the music
  • edited March 2009
    Oh, I know but I prefer audible dialogue. The Sam&Max games had separate volume controls for music, speech and sounds, much better.
  • edited March 2009
    I agree. Separate controls for voice and music would have been great. The music was way too loud, and if you turned it down, then the dialogue was really hard to hear.

But still, fantastic job with the dialogue writing.
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'd have to say that not having separate options for voice and music was overall the only thing about the new control system I didn't like. Everything else I got used to pretty quickly. Maybe they could just up the volume on the dialog track for the next episode? Would that work, do you think? Or would that like, break the code, or program or something?
  • edited March 2009
    I also think that the music is too loud, and I'd prefer to be able to set the music and dialog volumes separately. It bothers me enough that I came to the forum specifically hoping to find a config file tweak or something that could change it. Adjustable music volume isn't critical -- I'd be content with disabling the music entirely, if that's all that could be easily implemented.

I hope this feature is included in the next episodes (and/or better yet, added to EP1 in a patch).
  • edited April 2009
    Dwhyte wrote: »
    I also think that the music is too loud, and I'd prefer to be able to set the music and dialog volumes separately. It bothers me enough that I came to the forum specifically hoping to find a config file tweak or something that could change it. Adjustable music volume isn't critical -- I'd be content with disabling the music entirely, if that's all that could be easily implemented.

I hope this feature is included in the next episodes (and/or better yet, added to EP1 in a patch).

i came here for the same reason. i though it was me who didn't know how to turn the music off. it makes me not want to play they game, that you can't turn it off, cause i hate the music
  • edited April 2009
    I also feel this way.. I thought it was just an oversight and was missing from the demo but that it woud surely be in the final product. Usually when games go more casual they simplify the resolution settings but keep individual control over a minimum of sfx, and music (though ideally sfx, voice, and music would be seperately controlled)..

Some people like to play games without the music - some like to play without the voice - this is making me not want to play at all which is a pity.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.