The Walking Dead: Season Two Finale is out now!

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Alt text

The Walking Dead: Season Two Finale, 'No Going Back', is now available on PC/Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, and iOS! Here's what the press has been saying about the season's conclusion.

• IGN - 9.5 out of 10 - Editors' Choice - "This is perhaps the most heartbreaking and tense episode of anything Telltale has ever made. How Clementine braces for the impact of everything in front of her is up to you -- and where that takes her left me in awe."

• Nerdist - 10 out of 10 - "Season 2 of The Walking Dead was one of the best gaming experiences I've had in quite some time, and No Going Back is a real mic drop moment for the series... Telltale continues to prove why they're one of the best in the business for deeply compelling, player-driven experiences."

• Newsarama - "It's a masterpiece of gaming. It's a masterpiece of storytelling. It's a masterpiece of a morality play. The beauty of Telltale’s promise, to deliver games that hybridize all these things, is fully realized here, in what can only be called the best gaming experience I've had in the modern era of video games."

• Comic Book Resources - "will likely go down as one of the most impressive gaming experiences of all time."

• The Escapist - 9 out of 10 - "Telltale continues to prove why it's among the masters of storytelling in videogames today, with an almost unmatched grasp of how to write believable characters, meaningful situations, and create a sense of tragedy and horror that truly engages with the player, thanks to a depth and nuance that you just don't see in other games."

• Cheat Code Central - 10 out of 10 - "The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 5 'No Going Back' is emotionally devastating, truly and wholly emotionally devastating. Telltale games goes places that few video game writers, or any writers for that matter, dare go in this moving title"

And in case you didn't catch it over the weekend, check out the last pre-finale 'Playing Dead', where Melissa Hutchison (voice of Clementine) and Gavin Hammon (Kenny) discuss the development of their characters' relationship over the course of two seasons.

The Telltale team is now headed out to PAX in Seattle to show Tales from the Borderlands - hope we get to see you there!

Comments

• But when will the Vita version release in Europe? You announced it right here on this blog for yesterday, but it's still not in the PlayStation Store.

• I just came across this: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/80725/season-two-finale-updated-release-date-for-ps-vita-europe
    New release date is officially next Wednesday (September 3rd).

But when will the Vita version release in Europe? You announced it right here on this blog for yesterday, but it's still not in the PlayStation Store.

• Great finale Telltale, nice job! Can't wait for s3

• When will this episode be released on PS3 in Australia? It still says "Coming Soon" on the episode and it doesn't give me an option to buy it on the PS store

• will there be a season 3.?? I hope so... this was a really cool game worth the money and then some.

• i agree with you 100 % great game the whole thing..Great job Guys..

Great finale Telltale, nice job! Can't wait for s3

• It'll be.

williamc9 posted: »

will there be a season 3.?? I hope so... this was a really cool game worth the money and then some.

• Android??? Hopefully not another 3 weeks! !

• Does anyone know how long with episode 5 of season 2 is gonna be available for the android? Cause man they don't mention it for the android while TWD Season 1 and 2 are available for the android in the play store.

• Yes android now please.. Should be released on Android before IOS. Android marked share 84.7%, IOS 11.7%

• Same for me in Sweden. I guess we have to wait til next Wednesday until we can play it.

bbmalcolm posted: »

When will this episode be released on PS3 in Australia? It still says "Coming Soon" on the episode and it doesn't give me an option to buy it on the PS store

• What the Fuck Luke is dead WHYYYY HE dont Bonnie? What the Fuck ReTURN HIM

• No love for the android users. :( Ohhh...

• When you release episode 5 on android please i can't wait to play it

• Please realese for kindle and android soon :/

• Dear telltalegames studio If you can read this message I wanted to tell you that the last episode of walking dead dissapointed me in many moments of the playing. 1)From all gamers of our country (i dont tell which) I say that the 5 episode has really not realistik plot. E.x:Fight between Rusian group and Clementines.Do you probably think that American shoud always surviwe all dont care how rediculous it will be.I can take this bold gay.According this he couldnt shoot his target from 5 metres(even he was the men who started the shooting).Also the accent of Russians was like Ukrain guys has. 2) You have very bad idea about groups:"All guys except main character(also it can be him) and max 2 guys must die.''This is really redicuolus. If wanna show very sad story this working but not so often how you think. 3)Rediculous deaths.Most rediculous it Nick.Really strange.Second has Luke.Its really good guy bad he dont seem so fat(about his death). 4)This ruskies really annoying me.You showed ruskies how americans thinks there are.Bad talking in English aslo there bastards.THESE REALLY ANNOYS.so before show somebody of other nationality you should learn them better and do not show theme like you imagine 5)So manny endings.It really ruins the drammatic so just avoid it(cause than i played 1 part i really was near to crying and this really avoid all drammatic) 6)About ak 47.Just think about it there Carvers found so manny with ammo also. I really love this game it is the best i have played ever but the 5 episode really dissapointed me.About other the plot is good but needs some corrects.The atmosphere is perfect So the marks realistik 4/10 plot 9/10 atmospthere 10/10 Thanks for listening( if you saw it) Dyenic_026

• I love to play Walking Dead season 2.Thanks to Telltale.Inc for bring this amazing games.

• No Android release, what a suprise. And we are still waiting for The Wolf Among Us to be released to general Android, I hope Amazon paid you really well, you are losing a boatload of money with that move.

• I still can't download the episode for my PS3 in Sweden. "Coming soon" it says in game and the episode is nowhere to be found in the store. The Vita version is there, though. Anyone know what the heck is going on? It's getting increasingly difficult to try and find answers without bumping into spoilers. :-(

• Editen los juegos con subtitulos en castellano! que pasa Telltale Games que no salen en español los juegos????
    Estan buenisimos, y no hackeamos ni parcheamos nada; pero los subtitulos son fundamentales.
    Los esperamos. Gracias!!!!

• edited September 2014

Telltale - what an amazing job you have done on THE WALKING DEAD interactive series - I love Seasons 1 & 2 and 400 Days - Excellent work - These are so atmospheric and being comic book fan I really love how you deal with the art style. I also like the fact that unlike the TV series your zombie kills are actually thrilling and painful to watch as they have a dramatic build up with characters you care about - where as in the TV series (since their first season was over) the quality has gone down in their work as it's too prolonged and not given the scale it deserves -

The Telltales game series, I can only say good things about it because you have better set pieces than the TV series and the scale is always big in the drama and the design of the settings. You also have better actors - I mean you got Michael Madsen as Carver in the second season that just blows anything away in the TV series so far.

I only hope you keep up the good work and I am even hoping there maybe a chance that you will consider making the DARK HORSE ALIENS comic books into wonderful interactive adventure games - If you did that the same way as what you have done with THE WALKING DEAD game series, we would have the best ALIEN games ever.

• the people who pre-ordered series 2 will they get the free copy of walking dead dvd game?

sush9 posted: »

Telltale - what an amazing job you have done on THE WALKING DEAD interactive series - I love Seasons 1 & 2 and 400 Days - Excellent work

• When is season 3 coming out

Sign in to comment in this discussion.