Help me find a joystick...

edited March 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
As I've mentioned before, I have trouble with my fingers and because of that, it's very stressful for me to use the keyboard or a gamepad for W&G (and other adventure games using this direct control .. stuff).
For the first episode, I used an old Amiga joystick and it worked fine - but the problem is it only has one fire button.

I've been looking online but all I can find are various flight simulator sticks.. I don't need anything complicated like that, all I need is a regular stick with 8 directions and several buttons (for various actions in adventure games).

Does something like this exist? If not, does anyone have a flight stick they can recommend for this use?

EDIT - it's important the stick is rather loose, or can be adjusted to be loose. My wrists are troublesome as well, rather weak - so if the stick isn't loose, I'll just get tired in my wrist right away.
That's a great thing about this old Amiga stick, it's worn out and very loose. If only it had more buttons.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    EDIT - it's important the stick is rather loose, or can be adjusted to be loose.
    Well, that's one thing in favour of flight sticks - they usually have a way to change the re-centering force; dunno how common that is with regular joysticks...

The flight stick I had ages ago could be set to not re-center at all, though I guess that's a bit too much even in your case - having to find the center on your own usually guarantees you'll have overshot where you wanted to go by the time the movement stops...

np: SCSI-9 - Blue Wolf From North (Easy As Down)
  • edited March 2009
    Thank you. Have you ever tried using a flight stick with Joy2Key or some similar key mapping program? It's essential it will work with something like that.

Also, can you recommend me a specific stick? I don't know anything about joysticks these days.
  • edited March 2009
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Thank you. Have you ever tried using a flight stick with Joy2Key or some similar key mapping program? It's essential it will work with something like that.

Also, can you recommend me a specific stick? I don't know anything about joysticks these days.
    Sorry, that was my first and only flight stick, and that was at a time when you had to rely on your soundcard to have a joystick port... :)

Nowadays all I'm using are gamepads, though I wouldn't mind an arcade joystick board for the PC that doesn't cost and arm and a leg - well, figuratively speaking...

np: Joy Division - Disorder (Live) (Still)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.