Haven't played Borderlands before.

So I haven't played Bordelands before but I wanna get this game. Do you think information from Borderlands 1 and 2 will be important in this game or will I be able to play this game without playing 1 and 2.

Comments

• I don't think you'll have a lot of trouble playing this game even if you didn't play Borderlands 1 or 2. Telltale usually does a very good job at introducing people to new franchises. It is recommended to play the other two in order to get a better idea as to what can you expect, and to recognize the characters that are confirmed to appear in this game.

If you do decide to get the games....you'll be more than fine with playing just the second one, since it's by far better and puts more emphasis on the story. I would suggest doing a bit of research about the game to see if it suits you, then make a decision.

Also, one of the users here made a very good thread for newcomers about Borderlands. Bear in mind the thread has spoilers.

• I am sure that it won't That important, but it will certainly help you understand the setting, the tone and the characters who might appear in Tales of Borderlands.

• i would assume you would need to know stuff from borderlands 2 but don't worry about borderlands 1

• If you choose to not get the game, but you'd like to get to know the setting, here's a good thread.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/72914/an-introduction-to-the-borderlands-universe-and-lore-spoilers-from-bl1-2

• This ^

Jewfreeus posted: »

i would assume you would need to know stuff from borderlands 2 but don't worry about borderlands 1

• Telltale likes to set up their series so that you don't need to have any prior knowledge of the franchise to play. Example: Wolf taking 20+ years before the comics. Walking Dead with different characters. So I'm sure you will be fine.

If you really want to know the world of Borderlands a bit more, just watch a walkthrough of it on Youtube.

• Haven't played them either, but, I'm still gonna play Telltale's version, since I know how great they are at story telling.

• Yeah I haven't played a borderlands game either.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.