Sam & Max episodes on disc?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2006
    I like Steam - I bought Darwinia off there (As well as Half-Life2 & the expansion) – Also they generally give a few bonus bits’n’bobs when you grab the software - Its saves you having to pay shop prices or wait for delivery from a net purchase...

Also, I don’t think they write in any clauses to that say a game has to be distributed only via themselves and in North America for the first couple of weeks/months after release :p
  • edited August 2006
    :))
    of course not!
    because if i really would download the game illegally and if i would burn it onto a CD i would just have the blank CD.
    but if i buy the game i have the cover, a cd with some printed text on it and (hopefully) a manual... ;)

Bah! - $15 dollars for a bit of card & a sticker? Thats So 1990's ;)
  • edited August 2006
    Get a Virtual VISA @ https://www.epassporte.com/

I used it to play Final Fantasy XI and bought a Bone game with it. You can transfer money on it from your bank account. They don't even ask for your age so I guess it doesn't matter how old you are... And even if it did say ur suppose to be 18, that's not gonna stop me. :p

Can anyone confirm that it is legal for US minors to use this service? I'm 17, and too anxious to wait ~1 year for the boxed set. The website indeed does not specify an age requirement anywhere, but even so, I'd like to make sure it won't get me in trouble.
  • edited August 2006
    Following up:

Nope, it's 18 or older. :(
  • edited August 2006
    If Gametap is a "as long as you pay, you can play Sam & Max"... then I'll be waiting for the DVD version.

I have various games that I can play without having to be subscribed.

I thought I understood, at one point, that Sam & Max wouldn't be that way even though it was being distributed by Gametap.

:-/
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2006
    I don't think GameTap has announced what they'll be doing with Sam & Max specifically, but Telltale will be selling the episodes individually, independent of a GameTap subscription.
  • edited August 2006
    Will they come out about the same time as on GameTap? I just read the Wired blog and he said it would be exclusive to GameTap 'for a little while'. I'm from Canada so I can't get GameTap and I'm wondering how long 'a little while' is.
  • edited August 2006
    Will they come out about the same time as on GameTap? I just read the Wired blog and he said it would be exclusive to GameTap 'for a little while'. I'm from Canada so I can't get GameTap and I'm wondering how long 'a little while' is.
    This question has been asked and answered in another thread, and this is what Emily said:
    I'm hoping the lag is only 2 weeks or so, but would not be surprised if it's over a month.

They're still fine-tuning the agreement (an announcement should be made about the exclusivity very soon) but it's unlikely that the lag between GameTap's release and Telltale's release would be more than a month.
  • edited August 2006
    Good news, thanks Haggis. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.