Do you think there will be multiple character perspectives or just 1 main character

Do you think there will be multiple character perspectives or just 1 main character? One thing I like about GOT is that it sets a huge net to capture readers and viewers using different character perspectives. Rather than just one shot in the dark its a shotgun blast in the dark. If one character's story isnt that interesting to you the other characters that you do like have effects on the characters you dont pay attention to making you gain interest in them. I cant really explain it that well but basically there is no main character just many main characters and everyone of them has an effect on the world of westeros based on their choices.

If TTG did more than one perspective for the main character you could make a choice as one character then as a different character when the story jumps to their story arc.

Most likely though I doubt TTG would have the time to do multiple character perspectives but if they did I think it would work like 400 days where you pick who's story you want to start off on first.

Comments

• Maybe two like in Tales. Two people on the opposite side of a conflict perhaps?

• I don't know much about Game of Thrones but It would be cool to see 2 Main characters on different paths, possibly meeting up later...

• I want to completely be immersed in the story and build an emotional relationship to the main character. For me, I'd rather play with one character, another would just be distracting. I thought of something. What if, at the beginning of the game, they give you a choice of what character to play as or better yet, you can create/edit your own. That would be kinda cool.

• I think it's only going to be one protagonist and whoever it is their name is Forrester.

• Play as 1 main character. That character dies and you turn into their companion. xD

• Well if they stick with the Ice and Fire formula there should be multiple perspectives. But, this game is based on the show and really at this point we have next to no information about it so my answer is iono.

• More like based on the comic you mean since the comic over all came 1st and its in the comics universe

Well if they stick with the Ice and Fire formula there should be multiple perspectives. But, this game is based on the show and really at this point we have next to no information about it so my answer is iono.

• What are you talking about? TWD?

Lehfeels posted: »

More like based on the comic you mean since the comic over all came 1st and its in the comics universe

• Yeah sorry but i dident know what you were talking about

What are you talking about? TWD?

• Here's my guess.
    Considering the whole #IronFromIce thing going on.
    I think it will be two characters, someone from the Iron Islands and one from the NightsWatch

• Play as 1 character, then 5 minutes later he dies and you'll be playing as an entirely different character. And he dies later too. Everyone will die.

• No. I don't want to play as two characters. I don't see why someone would even want to.

• I think there needs to be four. All four can be dead by the end. There needs to be at least the political side and the fighter side. a the very least

• Shut up. You haven't a clue of what your talking about. A political side and a fighter side at the very least?? Go away.

I think there needs to be four. All four can be dead by the end. There needs to be at least the political side and the fighter side. a the very least

• Shut up

.... Well arnt you friendly, and for what its worth yeah thats two sides. Game of thrones is often about the way people are so different. I mean forget the fact their are seven kingdoms, each with a different class system (and this isnt even counting places across the sea) I think there should be more than one character at leas to show someone in an upper class society playing "the game of thrones" and also someone in the common lines who we rarely get a point of view from in the story in one of the many battles. I feel westeroes is too big for just one character

wwSTEVENww posted: »

Shut up. You haven't a clue of what your talking about. A political side and a fighter side at the very least?? Go away.

• I think that could be really interesting if done right. Something like playing a dangerous game of politics in Kings Landing with one character, then being forced to face the political ramifications of your actions firsthand, while playing as someone else.

My only issue would be whether or not they would have the time to flesh out more than one protagonist's storyline.

I think there needs to be four. All four can be dead by the end. There needs to be at least the political side and the fighter side. a the very least

• ... him? Wow.

Alt text

I think it's only going to be one protagonist and whoever it is their name is Forrester.

• At least three. Likely more.

Game of Thrones's trademark quality in the books and the show is multiple main characters. To even remotely have a "Game of Thrones" feel there needs to be many playable characters with different storylines that intersect. This isn't the kind of story with one or two playable characters bumming around. Especially because main characters are known for being killed off in this franchise as well, and you can't accomplish that with just one or two playable characters.

• Lolwut

Lehfeels posted: »

Yeah sorry but i dident know what you were talking about

• I'd like to have multiple characters. Mostly because it'd allow me to play at least one character as an absolute arsehole, which I rarely do in Telltale games.

• Uh i got into this discussion abit late to understand what they were talking its like a story miss a few chapters its abit hard to understand

Lucazzy posted: »

Lolwut

• Can't wait for the political side. Making big choices that effect an entire people seems epic as hell

• could be good if done well with one character there is more room for character development in my opinion

• As much as I'd like to see a 400 Days-like setting where each character gets their own episode and its all wound up in the last one, I think it'd also be interesting to see two different sides of the same war where each leader or whomever interacts with the other and we can play through each episode twice to see both perspectives, even though both culminate anyway at some point.

Not that I'd refuse to play a TTG game just because a first impression rubbed me the wrong way, but honestly I'm more interested to know what the art style will look like and how we'll be able to interact with the environment. If there's going to be war, will there be commandeering, issuing of orders, or battlefield strategy and tactics? I think as long as they work out their mechanics and design they can do whatever they want with the story.

• That's very possible. There's this other Game of Thrones video game out there with 2 main characters you play as in different places. You also get to make choices on what to say a bit like Mass Effect, and there are choices you make on how different parts of the story go. It's not as significant as telltale game choices but it's still interesting. The graphics and gameplay aren't very good but I was just watching the walkthrough of it and watching for the storyline which is actually really good. There's so many twists and even a few characters from the show which it's set in times of season 1. So I reckon if that game had a good storyline and double character perspective, Telltale will do it greatly on their part.

Saltlick123 posted: »

I don't know much about Game of Thrones but It would be cool to see 2 Main characters on different paths, possibly meeting up later...

• Most likely one. All those povs in the book would be hard to pull off in a game like this that already has so many choices.

• I think it will be like the 400 day DLC

• My guess is each episode has a different protagonist, like the chapters in the books. You'll meet certain people from multiple perspectives and you'll see several sides to them, and the choices you make as one character have consequences for, or at least effect, the other characters.

• If it is, it will be a catastrophe. There are only five episodes and modern TT episodes tend to be somewhere between an hour and an hour and a half. That's not enough time spread out over too few episodes to create any deep involvement with the characters.

Yo-da-Man posted: »

I think it will be like the 400 day DLC

• I could see us playing as someone else every Episode, but it all ends in one conflict, where they all meet up/fight/die.

We would basically learn how they all ended up there, and then we see them fighting each other, and we are like 'No, wtf, stahp!'

• I don't even know what to expect honestly. I don't really understand how they're going to translate the story, from both the book or show, into a playable game format that isn't chaotic.

• I think it will be a single character. TellTale loves to create their own stories, which is what they do best. There's a ton you could create in the realm of Westeros. I just really hope this game has a lot of Machiavellian politics.

• edited September 2014

The role of the character you assume will likely hail from House Forrester which is sworn to House Glover of Deepwood Motte and then in turn sworn to House Stark of Winterfell, their northern liege lords. Asha mistakens theses houses as mountain clans.

I think it's only going to be one protagonist and whoever it is their name is Forrester.

• I wouldn't be too sure about that, but in my opinion it would awesome to play as a black brother.

kaza125 posted: »

Here's my guess. Considering the whole #IronFromIce thing going on. I think it will be two characters, someone from the Iron Islands and one from the NightsWatch

• If I could have my way then it would be one bannerman from Stannis possibly a Forrester Scout and maybe a Bolton or Lannister bannerman.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.