Xbox live arcade launch

Since no one else has asked this, I guess it's up to me to bring this up. When is Fright of the Bumblebees coming to Live Arcade?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Within the next couple of months, but we don't have a release date yet. When we know for sure, we'll spread the news. :)
  • edited April 2009
    Kay. I can wait.
  • edited April 2009
    I can't. I am very frustrated with Major Nelson.
  • edited April 2009
    Who?
  • edited April 2009
    Jadthedog wrote: »
    Who?
    They COULD be referring to the character in I Dream of Jeanie, the one that has the genie that is always granting his wishes wrong.

More likely, though, he's referring to Larry Hryb, Director of Programming for Xbox Live. He's also become a big PR guy for Microsoft, with his blog and podcast being pretty popular with the Xbox community. Whenever something is released or goes wrong, he posts about about it. So, a lot of people end up blaming him for things that are not his fault, considering he doesn't do everything on Live by himself.

But it's nice to have a figurehead I guess?
  • edited April 2009
    More likely, though, he's referring to Larry Hryb, Director of Programming for Xbox Live.

Wow, I never really looked into it; his name doesn't actually include "Nelson"? I figured "Major" was a made-up title, but... huh. So I wonder if he's named after the guy from IDoJ
  • edited April 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Wow, I never really looked into it; his name doesn't actually include "Nelson"? I figured "Major" was a made-up title, but... huh. So I wonder if he's named after the guy from IDoJ
    He chose the name after his TiVo recommended I Dream of Jeanie to him. He said it in one of his podcasts last summer.
  • edited April 2009
    and Major Nelson is the character that the genie is with (am i right in that assumption?)
  • edited April 2009
    Offtopic discussion is offtopic.

So, not this week. Maybe Next week.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    As far as I know, Larry Hyrb / Major Nelson has nothing to do with deciding when Wallace & Gromit comes out on Xbox Live. Don't be mad at him.
  • edited April 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    As far as I know, Larry Hyrb / Major Nelson has nothing to do with deciding when Wallace & Gromit comes out on Xbox Live. Don't be mad at him.

haha I was going to say this. As far as I know all he is, is a spokes person.

p.s. the UK guy are funnier and better
  • edited April 2009
    Well I hope it does come out soon. I spent 50 bucks worth of Microsoft points to get the game series.
  • edited April 2009
    Within the next couple of months, but we don't have a release date yet. When we know for sure, we'll spread the news. :)

That better mean weeks.:(
  • edited April 2009

Awesome, much like others posting I'd prefer it came out... yesterday. But having some sort of time frame helps me to pass my days without resorting to something drastic. Plus, "next couple of months"... that implies I won't still be anxiously refreshing my gaming RSS feeds for news come Christmas time!

Any idea where Sam and Max is in the XBLA pipes? Same time frame or will it be longer? Oh and thanks for doing what it is you do! It helps keeps folks like m from bouncing off the walls... to some degree.
  • edited April 2009
    While I feel sorry for the console folks....

...honestly? I'm really glad to see that this time around, the PC customers(e.g., me) won't have to wait on the console version to come out, while the full PC game is sitting on a server somewhere. It's nice to be able to get things on schedule again, rather than being at the mercy of the console manufacturer's submission processes.
  • edited April 2009
    While I feel sorry for the console folks....

...honestly? I'm really glad to see that this time around, the PC customers(e.g., me) won't have to wait on the console version to come out, while the full PC game is sitting on a server somewhere. It's nice to be able to get things on schedule again, rather than being at the mercy of the console manufacturer's submission processes.

Yeah, I mean not to make it a PC vs Console thing, but having to wait for a finished game period is pretty horrible. It's just as bad being on the other side now. It's just not an ideal situation for anyone when the games you want to play are out on another format and you have to wait to play 'em.

I can feel your pain, and raise you one level. Imagine what it's like to have all the games you've waited years to play sitting on a hard drive, ready to be played right now. And you still have to be at the mercy of the console manufacturer and their submission process!!! It's like the worst of both worlds.
  • edited April 2009
    I can't wait for it to come to Xbox! I wonder if there will be achievements?
  • edited April 2009
    I can't wait for it to come to Xbox! I wonder if there will be achievements?

Achievements are required on all XBox Live Arcade games... so yes, there will be achievements! Should be 200 points worth, that's the current limit for XBLA titles without DLC. I can't wait to get some achievements for TellTales games!

I'm also really excited at the thought of some great gamerpics and maybe if we're lucky a theme or two. Especially for Sam and Max! That would make my year. Finally be able to put up something besides another generic "Halo" theme.
  • edited April 2009
    Do you know how fiddly it is,I've played it...
  • edited April 2009
    jab1981 wrote: »
    Achievements are required on all XBox Live Arcade games... so yes, there will be achievements! Should be 200 points worth, that's the current limit for XBLA titles without DLC. I can't wait to get some achievements for TellTales games!

I'm also really excited at the thought of some great gamerpics and maybe if we're lucky a theme or two. Especially for Sam and Max! That would make my year. Finally be able to put up something besides another generic "Halo" theme.

If you do a theme make it an unlockable like the one in the maw
  • edited May 2009
    Any news on a date on this?
  • edited May 2009
    STOP ASKING!

MS is very stupid. Games go for months and months without being released.

My favorite assestment of the situation:
    Man: When are we getting a release date?
    Other Man: Not Yet?
  • edited May 2009
    People ask because of the lack of information, not because of the situation.

So you are saying the game has been submitted and we are just waiting for MS to bung it on their servers?
  • edited May 2009
    Dagza wrote: »
    People ask because of the lack of information, not because of the situation.

So you are saying the game has been submitted and we are just waiting for MS to bung it on their servers?

if thats true, then ill have some serious egging to do tonight. at microsoft, not at telltale.
  • edited May 2009
    Do telltale staff hang around here to give an official answer?
  • edited May 2009
    It's been done since like March. Days of Arcade completely f'd up the arcade schedule.
  • edited May 2009
    Dagza wrote: »
    Do telltale staff hang around here to give an official answer?

Emily is Telltale staff, that was (and continues to be) the official answer
  • edited May 2009
    It's been done since like March. Days of Arcade completely f'd up the arcade schedule.

I understand why TellTale can't be as honest and open as that, but I'd still love it if that's what they'd say. At least then we'd know the game is out of their hands and entirely dependent on MS. As it stands now I'm not even convinced either W&G or Sam & Max have even been submitted to the ridiculous hurdles of XBLA. I can guess and hope, but for now all I've got to go on is that the original "next couple of months" won't be longer than a couple of months from now.
  • edited May 2009
    It has! theyve said MS hsan't given them a date!
  • edited May 2009
    jab1981 wrote: »
    I understand why TellTale can't be as honest and open as that, but I'd still love it if that's what they'd say. At least then we'd know the game is out of their hands and entirely dependent on MS. As it stands now I'm not even convinced either W&G or Sam & Max have even been submitted to the ridiculous hurdles of XBLA. I can guess and hope, but for now all I've got to go on is that the original "next couple of months" won't be longer than a couple of months from now.

The problem is that MS only releases one Arcade game once a week, so they have a quite large lot of them in queue right now. Luckily they're speeding up now and it's been two weeks with three games in a row. Don't worry about submitting the games, as a matter of fact Sam & Max Season One has been up for some time now in Partnernet (meaning it's only pending the release date) and I bet W&G will be released later this month
  • edited May 2009
    proof of sam and max on partnernet?
  • edited May 2009
    A blog that uploads videos and screenshots of games that have been uploaded to Partnernet, like this one:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qo7n3JjNc2c/Sbi9Rc3PJcI/AAAAAAAAACQ/vE5usr0OT1g/s1600-h/sam+3.jpg
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Sorry to be a party pooper, but being up on Partnernet does not mean that the game is pending release.
  • edited May 2009
    Hm, that's right, I got a bit carried away :D But what I meant to say is that the game has indeed been submitted to XBLA despite the time it might take to see it up for everybody.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    More accurately, a game goes on Partnernet as early as the alpha stage (or earlier!). The "final submission" is pretty well and truly divorced from when a game first becomes visible to developers/microsoft staff. Take anything you read on the internet with a huge grain of salt.
  • edited May 2009
    Well hey, my party has only been partially pooped! Seeing it's out there is something for me! I try to keep optimistic but there was a small part of me that thought it hadn't even been submitted yet. And with all the horror stories I've heard about working with MS on these arcade titles... Argh, it's enough to drive a person insane. At least in this specific case. But knowing it's out there and submitted in some form gives me some piece of mind. With a lack on information I tend to operate on a worst case scenario. I'm really glad to see that's not the case!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.