Your thoughts about Fiona and Rhys?

What is your opinion about our two protagonist?

From what I read on FAQ for Tales of Borderlands, these two characters are motivated by greed and for some reasons, they join force to accomplish their goals. Fiona is born on Pandora and Rhys is a Hyperion employer. I think it will be interesting, because we will have the perspective of a native who knows the world of Pandora and the perspective of the employer of the antagonist faction of Borderlands 2.

Do you think it will be fun to play both of these characters?

Alt text
Alt text

Comments

• First of all, I didn't know Fiona was born on Pandora. That should make for an interesting story arc if it ever becomes one, plus, she's got a sweet hat. Second, I don't know about Rhys, a poser who wants to become another Handsome Jack is most likely going to fail, at least he looks like he can handle himself in combat.

• Yeah, I just learned from an interview with Kevin from PAX, that Fiona is indeed born on Pandora. And yes, she looks badass with that sweet hat. :)

I am not sure if Rhys wants to become another Handsome Jack, but then again, he and Fiona are searching for something connected to HJ. But I would prefer that Rhys is his own person and not another HJ.

First of all, I didn't know Fiona was born on Pandora. That should make for an interesting story arc if it ever becomes one, plus, she's got

• edited August 2014

I like the idea of playing as an anti-hero or anti-heroes...

• Seeing the tale from two different perspectives sounds like it could be very interesting, and given the fact that the Borderlands universe is still very much being formed - unlike Fables and The Walking Dead - I'm hoping there will be quite a range of choices available through the narrative.

• Pandora have no place for heroes.

I like the idea of playing as an anti-hero or anti-heroes...

• What if Fiona is another one of Moxxi's children? That'd be crazy! Indeed, I think we both would want that hat. :P

I guess we'll see for the Handsome Jack part, that's what I remember hearing about Rhys. I think I'll personally like playing as Fiona more when compared to Rhys. :)

Yeah, I just learned from an interview with Kevin from PAX, that Fiona is indeed born on Pandora. And yes, she looks badass with that sweet

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2014

I remember someone, after watching the E3 demo, saying this about Rhys, "Your not necessarily the bad guy, your just an a-hole." So Rhys is some kind of jerk who wants to become the next Handsome Jack, but his boss, Hugo Vasquez, gets the promotion instead, it sets up an interesting idea.

We don't really don't know much about Fiona, except that she's a grifter and she was born on Pandora. She apparently talks really fast to confuse people so she can slip away before they realize what's going on.

• I knew what I heard about Rhys was true! (ish?)

dojo32161 posted: »

I remember someone, after watching the E3 demo, saying this about Rhys, "Your not necessarily the bad guy, your just an a-hole." So Rhys is

• Well, if Rhys is going to be a jerk, I hope he is will be a funny jerk.

I remember someone, after watching the E3 demo, saying this about Rhys, "Your not necessarily the bad guy, your just an a-hole." So Rhys is

• If he is trying to be like Handsome Jack then he will most definitely be a funny jerk :)

Well, if Rhys is going to be a jerk, I hope he is will be a funny jerk.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2014

The guy also said that Rhys is someone who isn't afraid to crack a joke in the middle of danger.

Well, if Rhys is going to be a jerk, I hope he is will be a funny jerk.

• Sounds like an Awesome funny jerk. :)

The guy also said that Rhys is someone who isn't afraid to crack a joke in the middle of danger.

• U can choose how u want him to be he could be a good guy or a bad one.

• I think, I will play him as mostly good, but will occasionally make a smart ass comment or a greedy choice. :)

Chase4902 posted: »

U can choose how u want him to be he could be a good guy or a bad one.

• A 'good' Hyperion agent? Now that'd be something I have to see.

Chase4902 posted: »

U can choose how u want him to be he could be a good guy or a bad one.

• I really like the designs of these 2 characters :3 With Fiona being a type of con artist and Rhys being a Hyperion worker, I'm interested in seeing how they're going to interact since Hyperion doesn't take to kindly to bandits, etc.

• edited September 2014

I heard that Rhys is a one-lane character. With Bigby and Lee, you could either be a good guy or bad guy, whereas with Rhys there is no option. You will be a smartass all throughout.. but what else can you expect with a Hyperion agent?

• Ever since I posted the two pics of Fiona and Rhys, I am starting to agree that Rhys kinda looks like a smart-ass and a jerk. My initial opinion about him is mostly based on this pic.

Alt text
    He doesn't look like a jerk on this one.

I heard that Rhys is a one-lane character. With Bigby and Lee, you could either be a good guy or bad guy, whereas with Rhys there is no option. You will be a smartass all throughout.. but what else can you expect with a Hyperion agent?

• Gosh, he's had a lot of design changes!

Ever since I posted the two pics of Fiona and Rhys, I am starting to agree that Rhys kinda looks like a smart-ass and a jerk. My initial opinion about him is mostly based on this pic. He doesn't look like a jerk on this one.

• Just noticed he has Siren-like tattoos in the Smash Card image which is a little unusual... in the one just above, you're right; he looks pretty different, though its possible that it's just another outfit. Fiona looks a little different from the original trailer as well. A little more 'feminine' if that makes sense.

Flog61 posted: »

Gosh, he's had a lot of design changes!

• My thoughts on Fiona: Hot, hot, hot.

• Glad that you and I are thinking the same thing. :)

My thoughts on Fiona: Hot, hot, hot.

• i didnt see her talk or if she's a badass.. being a girl myself, i find her artwork or design suits the description they gave her! i want to know the voice actors of both fiona and rhys..... rhys seem so cool and smart-ass as they say! he seems like the guy who would make you laugh in the wrong time and place without even meaning to :D

My thoughts on Fiona: Hot, hot, hot.

• We only know Rhys voice actor and it's Sam Witwer.

Mercyva posted: »

i didnt see her talk or if she's a badass.. being a girl myself, i find her artwork or design suits the description they gave her! i want t

• The voice of Starkiller from Force Unleashed. I love that guy, he is awesome. :)

We only know Rhys voice actor and it's Sam Witwer.

• Actually, during an interview a guy from telltale said that you can be a good guy while playing Rhys, but it might confuse the locals since practically no one is nice on Pandora.

Here is the link to the post where I saw the video: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/82296/pax-video-coverage

They both seem very interesting and fun, I'm looking forward to discover more about Fiona, considering we barely know anything about her.

• "A Hyperion employer who is good!?"

"What madness is this!?"

-The local psycho.

Actually, during an interview a guy from telltale said that you can be a good guy while playing Rhys, but it might confuse the locals since

Sign in to comment in this discussion.