How important is it to you to see the 'famous' characters?

I'd love to see this set in a historical period like Robert's Rebellion or the Blackfyre Rebellion or the War of the Ninepenny Kings, simply because it would allow the writers to have more room to work and explore an underdeveloped time period. The general course of the events in the books is pretty set in stone and GRRM's world is rich and deep enough that there are tons of places that have nothing to do with the main plot of the books that could give rise to a cool new story and interesting new characters, just as TWD did just fine while having very little to do with the TWD comic's storyline.

Yet I suspect a lot of people would be confused if they don't get to see Tyrion or Jaime or Arya or Jon Snow or Dany or any of the other famous and popular characters. It wouldn't be a problem for me, as someone deeply involved with the books, but for the casual fan it might lead them to wonder why they even bothered to call it 'Game of Thrones.'

The best historical era to both keep a link with the show while still allowing room for plot movement that doesn't screw with the main story would probably be Robert's Rebellion. It'd be interesting to see a younger Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Tywin Lannister, etc.

Not to mention Rhaegar.

Comments

• I think in the FAQ it said its not gonna be a backstory and runs alongside the series. Oh and it dosnt matter to me, the important characters wont be able to be affected by us anyway. Unless GRRM gives the game permission to axe one

• The problem is that SoIaF is a really, really big world. If we're in the north and part of clan forrester, as the quote to the left hints might be the case, then we might get to seen Stannis or Roose Bolton or Ramsay Bolton or Jon Snow, and we might get to participate in the battle between Stannis and Roose which is building to happen soon in both the books and the show, but it would take utterly contrived circumstances to see Tyrion or Cersei or Arya or Dany or any of the other big characters.

I think in the FAQ it said its not gonna be a backstory and runs alongside the series. Oh and it dosnt matter to me, the important characters wont be able to be affected by us anyway. Unless GRRM gives the game permission to axe one

• Nah I think the game will be fine Glenn and Hershel were the only comic characters in the walking dead who had brief cameos in the game. People are fine with different characters in the games, for many gamers its the introduction to the series

The problem is that SoIaF is a really, really big world. If we're in the north and part of clan forrester, as the quote to the left hints mi

• I'd rather we didn't see them. Unless the game series is specifically non canon then not being able to affect them in any way makes scenes they are in unsatisfying.

• 0/10 not important to me.

• As much as we'd all like to see a QTE where you repeatedly slap Joffrey, I expect the main character involvement to be minimal.

Minor characters might be more up for grabs.

• I really don't want to see any of the characters from the series. Why would telltale want to just 'copy and paste' something as important as the characters? We already know how good telltale can be when it comes to character-development, just look at TWD season 1 and some of the characters in TWAU.
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love GoT and is characters. But I don't want a copy of the series.

• Not at all fuck main characters I want to see maybe Stannis once and go off on a original adventure fighting for Stannis.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.