Sales double with SD card support

Kotaku is reporting that since Nintendo added in SD card support for downloadable games, the sales of SBCG4AP have more than doubled. It's surprising how many people were holding off due to lack of storage space, but great news for Telltale.
"Nintendo's new solution really opens the door for players to add to their collection of downloadable games, which is critical for a series with multiple installments," says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "This is a major step forward for episodic gaming. We're looking forward to even greater success on WiiWare with Strong Bad, as well as other projects."

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    It's true! We put out a press release about it this morning.
  • edited April 2009
    as well as other projects

Hmmmm... :D
  • edited April 2009
    I was pretty much the opposite, as I held off on buying other games (WiiWare, Virtual Console, and even retail Wii games since some of them *cough*Brawl*cough* take up stupidly large amounts of memory) in order to conserve the Wii's microscopic memory for SBCG4AP.

It's awesome news that this awesome game series can spew its awesomeness onto more people.
  • edited April 2009

Alright, Speculators, START YOUR ENGINES!!!
  • edited April 2009
    On Telltale's latest blog entry, the video seemed to state that Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures was for the 360, PC... and Wii? Either it was a mistake on Playr's part, or Telltale's been omitting an interesting bit of information lately.

Link'd.

(Look for it to start at around 0:06.)

• edited April 2009
    I think that just means that "blogs continue to think there'll be a Wii version despite constant assertions that there won't be one"
  • edited April 2009
    If they don't release W&GGA for Wiiare, I'll send send to Telltale a collection of the worst videogames in the history of universe and a bomb of poo!

Seriously, I want to buy your games for my Wii!

About SD(HC) support for loading games and such, I'm one of the new Telltale victims due to that! Thanks Nintendo!

Ps: While writing from the Wii (I'm insane, I know), telltale name showed :)
  • edited April 2009
    too me one word: Wonderful!
  • edited April 2009
    timofonic wrote: »
    If they don't release W&GGA for Wiiare, I'll send send to Telltale a collection of the worst videogames in the history of universe and a bomb of poo!

Seriously, I want to buy your games for my Wii!

About SD(HC) support for loading games and such, I'm one of the new Telltale victims due to that! Thanks Nintendo!

Ps: While writing from the Wii (I'm insane, I know), telltale name showed :)
    Yes, like a Telltale heart, or a telltale sign of something!

(...though, that's usually hyphenated, in my experience...)

If it helps, the reason W&G isn't on the Wii is not that Telltale has "moved on" from the Wii. They're a smaller company with less capital, and they don't have the ability to launch their titles in all stores simultaneously yet. While their web store is very nicely streamlined by now, they're still iffy on console releases.

They decided from the start to make Strong Bad for Wii, Wallace and Gromit for the 360. They decided this at the same time, based on the technical aspects of both series. I'm going to assume that Wallace and Gromit CAN be ported to Wii, but not Wiiware, the file size for W&G is larger. I imagine we'll eventually see a disc-based port of the whole season to the Wii, but that's just my guess. They say they want all their games on as many consoles as possible, but for reasons of time, money, and technology...they just can't do it all at once.
  • edited April 2009
    So, following that logic, S&M3 will be on the PS3?
  • edited April 2009
    I actually don't really give a lot for W&G on the Wii. I'd prefer Telltale to focus more on perfecting the engines they developed for the console they're building the game on. Right now, the Wii engine doesn't always run smoothly for example. But that's okay, Telltale is still learning, and a company that doesn't learn is a bad company.
  • edited April 2009
    Awesome, it's good to see that the storage solution is actually effective. Unfortunately, the reason I only have the first episode is lack of funds, not storage... Well, one problem at a time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.