how do you like the game?

hey guys, i thought that the guys at tell tale could use some feed back on what you think of the game,

i think it's awesome, keep the great work coming. i'll be looking forward to more games in the future.

any other thoughts guys?

Comments

• edited February 2005
    i havent played it yet but i love the music and i think its great dudeboroughs in it!! :D
  • edited February 2005
    The game is good. I really like the style, feel, sound, and speed of it. Everyone loves poker, I guess...

and an adventure game coming in just weeks!!!!!!!!

I guess these characters will be in the first adventure game? If so I like where this is going.
  • edited February 2005
    okay i just finished my first game..i came third..damn that ted..dude hes smarter than he sounds!! at first i didnt think id know how to play then i realised catchin those world poker tournaments on cable sometimes when nothins on came in handy! its a fun game.. the characters, animation and voices are top notch..i think if you apply those to an adventure game it would be awesome!! the dialogues great and so is the voice acting.. obviously this is just a taste of whats to come..but i give telltale the thumbs up on this 1 :D
  • edited February 2005
    "and an adventure game coming in just weeks!!!!!!!!"

I'm pretty sure they're just announcing what the game will be. Nothing more. B-)
  • edited February 2005
    The game was not bad, I hoped they'd put more characters in there so the game would be a bit more dynamic. Overall, pretty good.
  • edited February 2005
    The game is really well done. And it is interesting to have more than just a poker game, by having the interaction between the players.
    Personally, I can't stand that Dudebrough guy. Too bad I cannot team with Boris to tell him to shut up! :-L
  • edited February 2005
    Even though the premise of the game ain't my idea of a great time or of lasting gameplay appeal, the characters are interesting enough. And because I really have my trust in you guys, I bought it. I'll probably check back in for a relaxing poker-game now and then though, so I guess it works for what it wants to achieve. Plus I'm a sucker for details, so I'll probably play it alot just because of my a%¤l urge to not miss a single thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that you tossed us a bone. We were all quite hungry.

The characters look cool, and they respond in alot of nice ways in correspondence to what is happening in the game, so that it doesn't get repetitive too quickly, (well, I've only played it a couple of times, but still.. I haven't gotten too many of the same lines yet.) And I love how you allready seem to have gotten down a sense of "Telltale spirit" in the game. That's quite an accomplishment actually. I had a great time just reading the rules, and even the credits. Kudos to the whole creative team. The whole team actually, even though the game itself isn't anything "major", presentation is everything, and the game pages/shop/game itself looks very polished and stylized.

The comic is off to a promising start too. Maybe it's just because i'm even "slower" than usual today after a hard day at work, but it took a minute for the "punchline" to sink in. But that's a good thing. Yay for new cool content!

And yeah, $15 is two beers in Norway. Which means most $15 I've spent resulted in far more repetitive ordeals, and gave me much less excitement. And I actually like beer alot.

Well, I'm back to some poker action. I always win against my friends. I guess Dudebrough ain't my friend. And what's with Grandma? She folds quicker than.. Oh I forgot we have to keep it clean.

I'll shut up now.
  • edited February 2005
    I really like the idea of poker with some character conversation going on between the players. However, I have to say I'm no big fan of Dudebrough (but the other characters are fine). I can't exactly figure out what all I don't like about him. Nevertheless, I hope you have no plans of making him a main character in any of your games... :-s

I'd probably still buy it though. Because the subliminal messages in this game tell me to... @-)
  • edited February 2005
    what? i think dudebrough's hilarious..
  • edited February 2005
    I'm just not too thrilled with him at the moment. Maybe it's because he keeps winning X-(. But I think it's the voice. Wasn't what I was expecting, I guess. Maybe he might grow on me. I'll give him some more time.
  • edited February 2005
    Oh Gosh I want to kill him. [>:)]

I still wonder why Boris hasn't killed him... And Telltale: please, do not make him the main character of your future great adventure game.

I am amazed at the huge number of dialogue lines. I played several times, and I still hear new comments every time. I still don't know what happened to Grandma's fourth husband by the way...
  • edited February 2005
    Agree with the two previous - that dudebrough is annoying. For me it is too surfer cliche.
  • edited February 2005
    I think that that's the best computer card game I've ever played (of course, I've only played the generic card games that came with Widows). And I like Dudebrough; he would be a great main character. He's like Guybrush, except completely different.
  • edited February 2005
    I think Dudebrough would make a good main character. He'd go on all kinds of stupid quests, like learning to surf, playing poker games and various other silly ideas. All failing miserably ofcourse.

As I said earlier, the characters are cool. Hopefully they'll be incorporated into other games too. Yay.
  • edited February 2005
    funny game
  • edited February 2005
    Curses, it won't work in Windows 98. :( I guess I can only play it on my XP machine at home, and I only go home every two weeks...

Personally, I'm keeping Win98 on this one until DOSBox is perfected. XD Plus XP is too powerful and big for my smaller, much less capable computer.
  • edited February 2005
    I think the game is hands down one of the best casual games I've ever tried.
    It's funny, technically advanced, easy-to-pick and classy.
    Of course I'm waiting for the adventure game, but this is perfect for my spare time (errrrr...do I have spare time? :)) ).

P.S.: I have nothing against Ted, but Harry is my favorite.

Domenico
    (Italy)
  • edited February 2005
    Very nice game for the price. The characters and their interactions are the big sell for this game. The only option that is missing is a "full screen" button. I hope to see that added in an update. Other than that, what would make this game kick serious tail would be an expansion pack with more characters. I would be willing to pay extra for more players. :D

Anyways, nice work guys! Don't worry about trying to buy intellectual property. Create your own. Imagination is something that is missing anymore, and I think a new startup game company like this can pave new roads into the gaming community. :)
  • edited February 2005
    The only option that is missing is a "full screen" button. I hope to see that added in an update.

Ahem...

Actually, there is an option to make it full screen. It's in the "OPTIONS" menu.

:D :D :D
  • edited February 2005
    Reading and Searching can be very hard for some people :D
  • edited February 2005
    The only option that is missing is a "full screen" button. I hope to see that added in an update.

Ahem...

Actually, there is an option to make it full screen. It's in the "OPTIONS" menu.

:D :D :D

Aint that some sh.... I can't believe I missed that. :-/ Too much Budwieser last night... :))

*The Captain kicks himself in the arse*
  • edited March 2005
    It's amusing conceptually, and the presentation is quite good. I haven't bought the full version yet because in the two games I've played of the demo, the computer has played astoundingly terribly. In the full version, is there any sort of difficulty control?

(The two hands that busted people involved the computer calling all-in bets with T3o against ATs on a T87 board and with A7s against K5s on a KQ87 board.)

Also, for a no-limit poker simulation, most of the CPU players do not seem to understand the concept of betting more than a tiny percentage of their stack/the pot, which means that the correct strategy as the player has very little resemblance to actual poker.

- Mike
  • edited April 2005
    i think it needs a save option B-)
  • edited April 2005
    I bought it, as I stated in the othe thread. The classic styling of the game is there. It shows us that classic PC games are going to make a comeback with Telltale!

The music is first rate too. More jazz/swing/big band music for games please!
  • edited April 2005
    The music is first rate too. More jazz/swing/big band music for games please!
    Yes, it worked wonderfully with Grim Fandango. But it was an appropriate fit. I don't quite think Jazz would work well with Bone. Hmmm... I wouldn't mind being proved wrong about that, though.
  • edited May 2005
    Having just checked back in after a looong period of forgetfulness, I couldn't help but notice the new (to me, anyway) cardgame.

Yeah, I know, I'm a few months behind, gimmie a break. Fortunately, I'm highly impressed by what little I've played (I'm procrastinating on an essay and I can't afford to get too drawn in, you see), and there's a good chance I'll be purchasing this after a little more time with it. I've just gotta give it a real thorough testing first is all.

I like the character interaction, it's really great finding out little by little the stories behind the players.
  • edited May 2005
    I like the game. It's one of my short play games. Like, I play it before I go somewhere or before I go to sleep or if I feel like playing something but don't want to get too involved. Most of the time I lose terribly on purpose because I want to see what a player has or I want to quit playing or I just kind of forfeit from laziness and lack of determination.

Tonight however, they ate of my hand like it was fine dining. They even seemed to jump at the chance to do so. I would just laugh and laugh whenever one of them would go all in when I had 3 of a kind. That was the first game I won...I REALLY enjoyed it...probably too much.

Sometimes it gets repetitive. I mean, I hear a lot of the same lines over again, but ocassionally I hear a new one. I've also let the game sit on the title screen for far too long so the song has gotten kind of old. For someone who gets annoyed of repetition quickly, it doesn't bother me too much. I think I would miss their banter if it wasn't there.

I like the music. I like Piano Jazz. I wouldn't mind hearing piano jazz in Bone, but I don't think I would mind hearing piano jazz anywhere...well, as long as it's not stricly the soft or smooth jazz. It has it's place, but that stuff gets old pretty quickly. Another form of Jazz that is nice is the kind of stuff that's in "The Incredibles". All the instruments were recorded in the same room at the same time on tapes...the old school way...none of that mixing track and digital music stuff. Don't hear that much anymore.
  • edited May 2005
    All the instruments were recorded in the same room at the same time on tapes...the old school way...none of that mixing track and digital music stuff. Don't hear that much anymore.
    Like how the Squirrel Nut Zippers used to do, when they were together. One of my favorite groups...
  • edited May 2005
    I think the game is great fun, but I would like an option to keep the blinds from escalating as quickly as they do - perhaps only having the blinds increase when players are eliminated, and being able to cap them.

Despite this, it is chewing up a great deal of my time - probably more than it should. In the nicest possible way.
  • edited January 2007
    I just saw 'Texas Hold'em' at Best Buy a couple of hours ago for $9.99. I was gonna grab it but I wanted to find out more first. You guys all really like this game huh?
  • edited January 2007
    artwking wrote: »
    Like how the Squirrel Nut Zippers used to do, when they were together. One of my favorite groups...

"In the afterlife
    You could be headed for the serious strife
    Now you make the scene all day
    But tomorrow there'll be Hell to pay"

Yeah, I like them too! :D
  • edited January 2007
    hey guys, i thought that the guys at tell tale could use some feed back on what you think of the game,

i think it's awesome, keep the great work coming. i'll be looking forward to more games in the future.

any other thoughts guys?

I like the game.
    Best of it is the interaction of the virtual characters with each other.
    It would be cool if the player could interact as well.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.