SBCG4AP Season Too? (Check out Dev Blog)

Okay, I may be overthinking this, but does the fact that the Dev Blog was updated mean something amazing in SBCG4AP is going to happen? o:

(Yes, TOO)

Comments

• Well it did just talk about the extra storage but the fact that they are updating it must mean they are working on something.
  • edited April 2009
    Juding by the recent press release, it looks like Season 2 is a definite 'probably'. Keep in mind that Sam & Max Season 3's probably next, but the recent Wii storage solution seems to have made WiiWare, and especially episodic WiiWare, markedly more profitable. It's safe to say that at least some of the unsureness Telltale may have had about making a second Strong Bad season has been blown into very small pieces.
  • edited April 2009
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Juding by the recent press release, it looks like Season 2 is a definite 'probably'. Keep in mind that Sam & Max Season 3's probably next, but the recent Wii storage solution seems to have made WiiWare, and especially episodic WiiWare, markedly more profitable. It's safe to say that at least some of the unsureness Telltale may have had about making a second Strong Bad season has been blown into very small pieces.

I would love a second season of SBCG4AP, I think SBCG4AP might become the new sam and max if that does happen, because Sam and Max - While Side-Splitting and ingenious - would be best completed as a thee series thing, I just think the third season would just be the topper, beyond that would become desperate and stale.
  • edited April 2009
    I'm more concerned about unsureness on the Chaps' part than on Telltales. SBCG4AP was a ton of work, especially for poor Matt's voice, so they may not want to go through another round so soon. Besides which, even while loving the result, their fans haven't been too thrilled with the idea (true or otherwise) that SBCG4AP went at the cost of regular updates.
    I think Telltale is generating some Strong Bad buzz to go with (/boosts sales on) an upcoming announcement about the collector's dvd and possibly a retail version. I kind of doubt anyone's having any Season Too plans just yet.
  • Well the fact that they haven,t released the disc yet and that they are starting Wallace and Gromit they are not going to start Season 2 of SBCG4AP for a while. I hope after a Sam & Max Season 3 they will hold back a little on Sam & Max. I mean don,t get me wrong it is a good game but they need a little more stuff I mea everything else is season 1 but it is on 3 so I wish they would hold back a little. Personally I think that SBCG4AP is the best of the 3.
  • edited April 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about unsureness on the Chaps' part than on Telltales. SBCG4AP was a ton of work, especially for poor Matt's voice, so they may not want to go through another round so soon. Besides which, even while loving the result, their fans haven't been too thrilled with the idea (true or otherwise) that SBCG4AP went at the cost of regular updates

I was concerned about Matt's voice too, but on the Something Awful Forums, Jake said that Telltale's comments on the subject were largely misconstrued by the fans (including myself). Could a Telltale Guy or Gal please tell us in this thread, if possible, whether the Brothers Chaps are willing to do a second season? And whether working on SBCG4AP really did force them to do fewer site updates?
  • edited April 2009
    You're reading too much into it. They're just trying to sell more Wiiware copies of the game by promoting the SD card update for the Wii. That's all.
  • edited April 2009
    I hope there's a Season Too. Not now, though. I have a lot of stuff to do already. Getting Sam & Max Season 2, trying to find some videos of W & G shorts, tons of crap.
  • edited April 2009
    Season 2 is almost definite now.
  • edited April 2009
    hey i would like a season too, because if theres anything we lernnt from telltale, its that their second season is always better than before.
  • edited May 2009
    Yeah, 2nd seasons are better, but I also think that right now it is better to spread the word about sbcg4ap, instead of follow it up straight away. I would be perfectly content with sbcg4ap season too in mid 2010.

and im addicted to strongbad.
  • edited May 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    I would be perfectly content with sbcg4ap season too in mid 2010.

It would be interesting to see how many h*r fans actually stayed on the forums that long... I know I will!

*hunkers down*
  • edited May 2009
    I will... with a break or two, of course.
  • edited May 2009
    ill be on heer still.
  • edited May 2009
    I've been here for some 8 months and like 5 of those there hasn't been anything at all happening, yet we still get into discussions like this over things like the dev blog, and I still make it a point to read every new post.
  • edited August 2009
    Now this is interesting. In an interview by NowGamer, a picture from SBCG4AP (second page) is captioned
    Telltale has confirmed that it intends to deliver more of the bizarre Strong Bad.
    Either I missed a memo or NowGamer is doing an inadvertent scoop here (they don't actually mention it anywhere else in the article). That or they made it up, obviously..
  • edited August 2009
    Until we hear from Telltale themselves, let's not be quick to jump to conclusions.
  • edited August 2009
    If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd easily but $20 down that it's coming back someday. (I'm looking forward to that $40 payday on this bet)
  • edited August 2009
    i hope so if they do buy buy buy sell sell sell yhea!
  • edited August 2009
    I really can't see Telltale confirming a Season 2 yet, really. I'd be totally psyched if they did, though. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Give 'em time. It'll happen someday, but it'll be a little while longer.
  • edited September 2009
    I think that after Tales of Monkey Island they should definetlly make a series 2 of SBCG4AP but keep it on wiiware. This is because not people love strong bad and most people can't get games on there pc or an xbox 360 for xbox live (that was my only down fall with wallace and gromit's grand adventures).

In short: SBCG4AP series 2 should be made on wiiware only.
  • edited September 2009
    W&G156 wrote: »
    I think that after Tales of Monkey Island they should definetlly make a series 2 of SBCG4AP but keep it on wiiware.
    Sam and Max is almost a sure-fire bet for the next season. They were working on pre-production for Sam and Max before the chance for Monkey Island came along, causing their guess of "early 2009" for Sam and Max Season Three to be somewhat inaccurate.

So really, I'd be shocked if the next episodic release from Telltale wasn't Sam and Max: Season Three.
    This is because not people love strong bad
    ...huh?
    and most people can't get games on there pc or an xbox 360 for xbox live
    I can. In fact, I'm quite happy getting all of my Telltale games from their store. I can say right now, that without that option I'd have a hard time justifying the purchase. $50 for the game on Wiiware? I paid less than that for the game and I got more in terms of value; with the transfering items, better graphical quality, and the DVD(along with several subjective reasons that I simply prefer on the PC as opposed to the Wii counterpart).
    (that was my only down fall with wallace and gromit's grand adventures).
    It wasn't a downfall for Telltale, obviously. And it wasn't a downfall for me. I was able to see a lot more in terms of quality between Wallace and Gromit and SBCG4AP. I'm glad I got the latter, mind you, but the limitations ow Wiiware are a bit more annoying than the limitations of XBLA. As a PC gamer, I prefer that if a console version is going to be made, I'd likemy far less limited platform to be held back as little as possible.
    In short: SBCG4AP series 2 should be made on wiiware only.
    Why? How do you benefit? PC players at least benefit by not having a game on Wiiware: The limitations of Wiiware don't also hold back their PC version. But your console is the one being CATERED TO in such a release. How are you benefitted by me being unable to get the second season of SBCG4AP on my platform of choice?

And really, Telltale has their release and distribution system in place. They work in such a way that I don't think they could really gain anything by not launching on PC.

I watch Homestar Runner cartoons on my PC, why shouldn't I be able to play their game on the same thing?
  • edited September 2009
    I agree with you, but there is one reson why some people can't buy it via PC and can only get the wiiware version: Credit card paranoia. Some people (or some people's parents, as the case may be) simply are to scared of credit card theft to shop online outside ebay and amazon, so they are forced to buy Wii points cards at retailers (which, admittedly, are rip-offs, thanks to sales tax). Irrational fears, it seems, are a costly mistake when it comes to online shopping. This is why Telltale's single most brilliant feat was to port S&M to Wii and sell it to retailers, so we can only hope they will do the same for their other series.
  • edited September 2009
    needs to be season 2, plenty of people are also talking about this in the hrwiki.org forum

link:http://forum.hrwiki.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15090&p=798990 yay for homestar

I love Pink Floyd:)
  • edited September 2009
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    Give 'em time. It'll happen someday, but it'll be a little while longer.

i just hope it will happen sometime, it would be awesome
  • edited September 2009
    I watch Homestar Runner cartoons on my PC, why shouldn't I be able to play their game on the same thing?

Er, I use Windows for playing PC games and Mac OS X for everything else, so there...

I would say it's because Apple sucks at making their platforms friendly for game developers, but I sat next to Tom French of Pandemic Studios on the way to PAX, and he said he loves the iPhone/iPod Touch as a game development platform, so it's not Apple but the fact that very few PCs nowadays are Macs.
  • edited September 2009
    I hope they do, too. I just barely got done with season one, and I've been found wanting more!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.