My Telltale Exp. at PAX Prime 2014

When I found out Tales from the Borderlands was going to be at PAX - I knew it would be my highest priority stop. I needed to go - and I needed to convince my entourage to get in line at the queue room at 7AM on a Saturday in order to make it. Telltale's booth constantly had a line "cap" on it (meaning you had have perfect timing to gain a spot in line) - so I knew if we didn't get there early, my chance may never come. Well 7AM Saturday comes - and my crew and I join the line. All of us in a miserable foul smelling PAX room full of like minded gamers - and the doors don't open until 10AM.

Just to make sure you know - PAX and black Friday are very similar. You have people yelling don't run. You have the family confused of where to go and why they are there. You have the people sprinting and holding their kid's hands for dear life. It is a madhouse. And I love it. We had the route already planned and nothing was going to stop us. When the doors finally opened for us - we mastered the PAX "walk". A mixture of speed walking, skipping, dodging and diving - just to get to the Telltale booth. 1 fretful minute later - we made it. My group of friends (4 of us in total) were the last group in line before the inevitable "cap" was placed.

We made it! We are in line! We just got done waiting in line to wait in another line! But this was THE line at PAX. Each corner of the Tales from the Borderlands booth had something new and amazing to look at - something new to admire. Loot boxes were everywhere - and posters were making us laugh. Their booth had a real tire! Also, a fake bathroom! The attention to detail was second to none. Once we made it to the front (2 hours later) we got to talk to some of the developers and community leaders and shared our #myclem stories. Fresh off of Season 2 ending - we needed to talk about it. Then, they took us one by one in to the Borderlands shack and let us play 30-40ish minutes of the game. And it was everything I ever wanted. I am craving a Telltale game right now - and this just got me even more excited for the future. Thank you Telltale for a great line and talking to your fans in line - and making a great booth to look at for 2.5 hours!

Now - here is a picture of me and my 4 friends who waited in line with me to play this amazing game and interact with an even more amazing community.
Thanks Telltale for one of the more memorable PAX experiences (and for the shirts!)
Alt text

Comments

• What would you rate the demo? (from 1-10)

• edited September 2014

Tell us about the demo. Was it good (probably u answered but still wanna see again xd)? You recommend it, should we buy it? Were there any flaws? Is it promising?

*) Has TTG fucked up here or there again? (lol)

hola~

• I thought the demo was great. I like the Borderlands universe already and thought Telltale did a good job of putting their own spin in it.

For example: during one of the battles you got to choose the weapons that your robot used - so you begin to get a little attached to this robot. Telltale does a great job of getting you emotionally invested in characters - and they do the same thing with this robot.

Also, the end of the demo showed amazing promise for a new type of way to tell stories that I think mesh really well with the Borderlands universe.

TL:DR - I will buy it - I will pre buy it. I will play each episode on it's release date. I will wear my Tales shirts while I play the game. I would rate it a 10/10.

(I hope those aren't spoilers.....)

• Thanks mate! Because of you, I will now certainly buy this game! :)

djgorham posted: »

I thought the demo was great. I like the Borderlands universe already and thought Telltale did a good job of putting their own spin in it.

• You're very enthusiastic. I'm even more excited now.

djgorham posted: »

I thought the demo was great. I like the Borderlands universe already and thought Telltale did a good job of putting their own spin in it.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Oh hey, I remember you guys! I'm Laura, TTG community manager (the blonde Aussie girl who was out the front of the booth a lot of the time). Super awesome to hear you enjoyed it so much (and thanks for being persistent enough to make it into that line)!

Fans like you are the reason we go to PAX. Thanks again for coming to see us - really hope we get to see you again next year!

• All of you rock! You guys were seriously my highlight of PAX (and not just cause your game was amazing :) )

Keep on doing what you are doing!

puzzlebox posted: »

Oh hey, I remember you guys! I'm Laura, TTG community manager (the blonde Aussie girl who was out the front of the booth a lot of the time).

• A picture of you and your four friends...but there are only four people in the picture!

• This is great to hear, I will certainly be buying this game now! ;D

• Clearly one of his friends is a vampire. Who probably burned up in the sunlight shortly after the picture was taken. RIP in peace.

A picture of you and your four friends...but there are only four people in the picture!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.