Wallace saves Wensleydale

I found the following snippet on Wikipedia, in the article about the Wensleydale cheese:

Wallace and Gromit
In the 1990s, sales had fallen so low that production was at risk of being suspended. However, the popular Wallace and Gromit animated shorts A Grand Day Out and A Close Shave had the main character Wallace mention Wensleydale as a particularly favourite cheese. Animator Nick Park chose it solely because it had a good name that would be interesting to animate, unaware of the company's financial difficulties. The company contacted Aardman Animations about a licence for a special brand of "Wallace and Gromit Wensleydale", which proved to be an enormous success. When the 2005 full-length Wallace and Gromit film, Curse of the Were-Rabbit, was released, sales of Wensleydale cheeses jumped by 23%.

It's a funny world really :)

here's the full article.

Comments

• Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Naturally, we had to get some while we were working on this game. It's good cheese, I'm glad Wallace & Gromit saved it!
  • edited April 2009
    lol, thats hilarious. Got to buy me some of that W&G cheese...
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    it's some intense stuff
  • edited April 2009
    I saw that on a featurette of the Curse of the Were-Rabbit DVD I rented just for this occasion :D
  • edited April 2009
    based on the looks of the cheese, it's easy to believe it's got some decent character ;)

next time I'm in the UK, I'll definitely try it!
  • edited April 2009
    I'm not a cheese man, but I'd love to try wensleydale.
  • edited April 2009
    Jadthedog wrote: »
    I'm not a cheese man, but I'd love to try wensleydale.
    "New item unlocked" in the Telltale store? :D

np: David Sylvian & Robert Fripp - The First Day (Damage)
  • edited April 2009
    Heh, that is pretty funny. XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.