What about remaking other old adventure games !!!

First of all ,let me thank you TellTale for bringing me the excitment that i didnt feel for a video game for a long time ,i felt like a 6 year old boy again ....far as i read somewhere that you've gained the rights for sam n max and you will be making new episodes ,now thats one of the greatest news ive ever heard for a long time ...but in the future i would like some other titles to be remade ,like full throttle grim fandango and day of the tentachle monkey island (btw monkey island 4 was awful) ...i like the episode thing and i think it helps you to make new stories for each game just like reading a comic book ....anyway id like to see a remake of these good old games especially full throttle ,grim fandango and monkey island ....wish you all the best people and greatest cheers from the middle east (you've got a lot of fans here ..beleive it or not ...and the episode thing is absolutely a good thing and better than a full game since it is cheaper and more affordable)

Comments

• edited September 2005
    One problem with your (admittedly nice) idea is that unlike Sam & Max, the actual rights to those other games still lies with LucasArts. Sam & Max's creator Steve Purcell only granted their rights to LucasArts for Hit the Road and the aborted Freelance Police.

LucasArts may choose to sell the rights off to their origninal games / characters from Grim Fandango, Monkey Island series, Tentacle, Full Throttle, but it's highly unlikely.

Besides, despite Telltale's great pedigree, perhaps the Monkey Island franchise would be best served back in the hands of creator Ron Gilbert and similarly Fandango in Tim Shafer's (should he want it, the need for a sequel to that is debatable).

One thing to bear in mind is that of those great games you mentioned above, think how many were all new characters & situations. Hopefully once established Telltale will have the room to invest in their own original characters and adventure franchises. I think that, for example, Dank the Caveman as seen in the telltale site's comic strip would have great potential...
  • edited November 2006
    WOW! full throttle was one of my most favorite games of all time. At first when you said adventure, i thought you ment that old adventure atari game. My brother got me some atari joystick controler one year for christmas and it had all these games built into it. one was this game called adventure, for an old blok game it was kinda neat.

When we first got our computer my dad got that game full throttle and that was is one of my all time favorites. Cool idea, it was like dragons layer.

Another one we found around the same time period is called "The Dig" it was another similar kinda game.

I sure wish i could play eithe rof those games again i kinda forgot alot of the stuff, i might of forot all the little things you had to do to get to the next level.
  • edited November 2006
    Full Throttle and The Dig are still played and enjoyed by many people - the easiest way to get them to run on modern computers is via a 3rd party app called scummVM. Do you still have your original discs?
  • edited January 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Full Throttle and The Dig are still played and enjoyed by many people - the easiest way to get them to run on modern computers is via a 3rd party app called scummVM. Do you still have your original discs?

And if you don't own the original games I think Full Throttle and The Dig had been rereleased by Lucas Arts in a Windows compatible version.
  • edited April 2011
    jp-30 wrote: »
    LucasArts may choose to sell the rights off to their origninal games / characters from Grim Fandango, Monkey Island series, Tentacle, Full Throttle, but it's highly unlikely.

your wrong. Telltale made tales of monkey island two years ago
Sign in to comment in this discussion.