W&G on Wii Ware

Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures should have been on wii ware to join SBCG4AP. Why did telltale not do this. i am disgraced and very X10 annoyed.

Please fell free to add as many comments as you like and someone find out why they didn't make it.

Your pal W&G156

Comments

• edited April 2009
    W&G156 wrote: »
    Why did telltale not do this.

Texture sizes. The surfaces in SBCG4AP were almost all solid colors, resulting in a very small game filesize. The surfaces in W&G are all covered with extravagant and intricate patterns to recreate the look of the stop-motion films, which creates a much, much bigger filesize that would be far beyond the WiiWare size limits.
  • edited April 2009
    Well, I think it would have been technically possible, because they could lower the textures a bit. (it's not even remotely complicated)

But I think they want to see if they have an audience on the XBOX. Emily already mentioned the possibility of a Wii version, it just hasn't been made yet.

Personally, I think an XBOX version is a great idea. Nobody really knows how the sales will be, and there is only one way to find out...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    We are capable of making a Wii version (this is true of any of our games, since our tools work for Wii development). Whether we will or not for Wallace & Gromit has not been decided. Right now we're pretty focused on getting the episodes out for PC and Xbox...

Wallace & Gromit has been in production for a pretty long time. We actually started working on it and Strong Bad at around the same time, and we made the decision then to put one of the series on WiiWare and one on Xbox based on which game felt right for each platform. We are trying to grow our business and get our games out in more places, so being able to come out with one episodic series on WiiWare and another one on Xbox Live Arcade in the course of a year is very important to our company!
  • edited April 2009
    I don't have Xbox360 and never will, the same about PS3. I avoid playing on my compy as much as possible, I use it mainly for geeky and work stuff.

Please port Wallace & Gromit game to Wii! WiiWare or retail disc, whatever!

Thanks for a game of W&G, I enjoyed a lot this funny series when young and want to play it on my Wii.
  • edited April 2009
    timofonic wrote: »
    I don't have Xbox360 and never will, the same about PS3. I avoid playing on my compy as much as possible, I use it mainly for geeky and work stuff.

Please port Wallace & Gromit game to Wii! WiiWare or retail disc, whatever!

Thanks for a game of W&G, I enjoyed a lot this funny series when young and want to play it on my Wii.
    Have you tried the demo on your PC? I've noticed that Telltale games play on a surprising number of computers....even older ones not ever meant for gaming.
  • edited April 2009
    Have you tried the demo on your PC? I've noticed that Telltale games play on a surprising number of computers....even older ones not ever meant for gaming.

I use a pure Linux 64bit and too busy to installing 32bit userland for gaming, still not considering going to hell by installing the OS of monopoly from Redmond. So no, sorry...
  • edited April 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    We are capable of making a Wii version (this is true of any of our games, since our tools work for Wii development). Whether we will or not for Wallace & Gromit has not been decided. Right now we're pretty focused on getting the episodes out for PC and Xbox...

Wallace & Gromit has been in production for a pretty long time. We actually started working on it and Strong Bad at around the same time, and we made the decision then to put one of the series on WiiWare and one on Xbox based on which game felt right for each platform. We are trying to grow our business and get our games out in more places, so being able to come out with one episodic series on WiiWare and another one on Xbox Live Arcade in the course of a year is very important to our company!

It'd be AWESOME for wii though, for walking use the nunchuck, and for pointing-and-clicking use the wiimote! It'd be one of the very few wiiware games to integrate both, which would make it a stand out game!

Its good that you guys are expanding your market, putting yourselves on the map forums map. I hope someday you guys do a stand alone game, to go on all/some platforms. Like Zach and Wik. Or like Wallace and Gromit? i dunno; Im just saying things.
  • edited April 2009
    timofonic wrote: »
    I use a pure Linux 64bit and too busy to installing 32bit userland for gaming, still not considering going to hell by installing the OS of monopoly from Redmond. So no, sorry...

If going to hell means using the most widely supported OS out there, with a real winner in the works and near completion, then I'm there. I'd rather not hear you complain that you can't play games in linux 64 bit as there is Wine that would run just fine. I really see no need to stay away from Microsoft though.
  • edited May 2009
    If there's a Wii version of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, it won't be on WiiWare. It'll probably be a disc-based version with all 4 eps on it.
  • edited May 2009
    natlinxz wrote: »
    Personally, I think an XBOX version is a great idea. Nobody really knows how the sales will be, and there is only one way to find out...

The other licensed adventure game (Penny Arcade) did extremely well, and was far pricier than W&G is.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.