Mac Man

edited March 2006 in Sam & Max
For the love of sweet zombie Jesus. Please release a Mac version, or a multi-system version.

As being one of the few people that not only own a Mac but actually play games on it, I recall the good ol' days of playing Sam & Max on my wonderfully horrible dinosaur Mac Proforma, which now sits rotting away in my garage.

Its probably asking for too much. But I would very much like to see a new Sam & Max game on the Mac side of computing stuff.

But hell, I'm just happy there is a new Sam & Max game at all.

Next up, a Full Throttle sequel that doesn't look like crap...right guys?

Comments

• edited November 2005
    Next up, a Full Throttle sequel that doesn't look like crap...right guys?

Yeah. LucasArts won't mind. Telltale should make a Star Wars adventure game, too. Don't worry, I'm sure LA would be cool with that.

:p ;)
  • edited November 2005
    I think Apple switching over to 80x86 architecture has sounded the beginning of a slow death knell for the requirement to translate games for the Mac. Now they'll be able to cross-compile in much speedier fashion, should they choose to do so. Aparrently the next version of OS runs fine on a PC, be interesting if xp installs on the next mac. I'd imagine it would be a driver issue.

Who knows? I hope for your sake that you get to play it one way or another :)
  • edited November 2005
    I forward this motion!!!!
    I am primarily a mac user. If I need to use my cr--py eMachine, I will have to resort to gratuitous violence... Funny, I learned that word in, like 4th grade from the original game... lol
  • edited November 2005
    Me too! I'm a Mac user who loves Graphic Adventures and my PC is shot! Please Telltale! :((
  • edited November 2005
    And me! Although I'm busy playing some old adventures I obtained in a completely legal fashion ;) and running on SCUMM VM...
  • edited November 2005
    I guess a zillion Mac users have already contacted Telltale regarding cross-platform support for Bone and Sam & Max. And I still believe Ryan Gordon or another Mac coding wizard could port such a short game like Bone within a few weeks as a side-project if he gets all the support he needs from the Telltale team (just like he ported Duke Nukem 3D to OS X in his spare time).

Please, you fine Telltale guys, can you hear us scream? We badly need your games on OS X! ;)
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2005
    We hear you scream, believe me we do!

Kevin is a staunch Mac Man himself, and we'd all love to port our games to Mac, Linux, Palm OS, your cell phone, and your wrist radio. We can make no promises at this point, only say that we really hope to be able to make some ports sometime in the future.

Or you could get all your friends to throw away their PCs and buy Macs and then we'd HAVE to make games for your platform!

yeess....a most excellent plan....
  • edited December 2005
    It was because the original game was on a Mac that I ever bought it and played it! So, I pray that either TellTale games follows the way of Blizzard and makes the mac version and releases with the PC version. Or at least farm the game out to Aspyr and let them make the mac version.

No questions...just do it!
  • edited December 2005
    Maybe if Telltale gets Aaron Giles to do it someone will send in another piece of great fanart. In the end, that's all that matters. ;)
  • edited December 2005
    I use mac, but what about Linux?
  • edited December 2005
    *giggles at this fanart*

I am one of those bizarre people who, aside from DDR, doesnt play video games. (why on earth am i in this forum?) But you know, if I could get anything for mac, maybe I would.

I use a mac becuase it's more suited to my work. It handels video editing and large-scale artwork with a much greater confidence than anything from PC land. I can alos wander the internet fairly unafraid of evil viruses and bugs. It's simpler, it's friendlier, it's cuter. It just makes sense.

Mine's a cute little tiny powerbook. I named it "Izzy". Or maybe it was "Trixie". I never decided.
  • edited December 2005
    And that is why Macs rock. All summed up there by Spookymeggie ;)
  • edited December 2005
    Mine's a cute little tiny powerbook. I named it "Izzy". Or maybe it was "Trixie". I never decided.

*Dubs own computer "Bruno" instead of "Arrakis"*
  • edited December 2005
    I think the reason most games don't come out on Mac and Linux is because, well... Windows is the most popular. If you ask your average person about linux they'll stare at you for a few seconds then walk away. Or maybe they'll pronounce it wrong and then show you some freakin' picture of Tux with a gun and the windows logo. And they'll call him linux or the linux penguin if you ask what he is.

Also, the majority of Mac users don't buy Macs for games or are even gamers at all. My Mum uses a Mac laptop because she teaches and all the computers at her school are Macs. Because they're idiot proof which is why they're bought mostly.
  • edited December 2005
    Yeah, the reason most games don't come out on Mac is because there isn't enough of a market to justify it, sadly.
  • edited February 2006
    Well, if I need to play on PC, Ill just use my brother's Windoze... After I shoot him 15 times with a revolver.

Did I mention he's the antichrist and can rise from the dead?
  • edited March 2006
    "Sam and Macs" ;) would definitely rock...
  • edited March 2006
    Actually, the reason most games don't come out on Mac is because most games are made with Direct X. Macs use Open GL instead of Direct X. If a game is made with Open GL then technically it can also be released on Macs. Of course there's also the way games are put together, a mac uses a .app which is a folder that contains all the information, a PC has an .exe that runs with various .ini and other little sub-programs and folders at the same time.

Personally, knowing Telltale is made of old Lucasarts folks (Lucasarts a company that's produced PC and Mac versions of their games... At least I think they produced them...) I'm pretty sure they could make Mac versions of Bone and Sam and Max if they wanted to (and if they wanted my money since there's no way I can play the PC versions.) However cross-platform publishing is something drawn out before a single line of code is typed (or usually is.) If there's no Mac version now there will never be unless the games sell so well Telltale hires another company to produce the Mac versions.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.