The Walking Dead: Road of Bones Character Submissions

edited September 2014 in Forum Games

So, I've decided to give this fan fiction thing a go. Please submit your characters here. The story will begin in Louisiana, though I can't say where it will end. Please include with your submission the following:

Name:

Age/Gender:

Personality:

Backstory:

The story will not be posted here but I will add a link just as soon as I post the first installment.

The story will be posted here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/83621/the-walking-dead-interactive-fan-fiction-road-of-bones?new=1

CHARACTER SUBMISSION NOW OPEN

Anyone of you also feel free to PM me your character submissions if you want to keep their details on the down low

Comments

• Ohh, nice, new fanfic! :D If I were you, I'd advertise it HERE, so more people can see it. :)

Also could I PM you the character? I don't want everyone to know her backstory. :D

• edited September 2014

Pipas,

First off, thank you for your interest and participation, it is greatly appreciated. Secondly, thank you for the advertisement advise, I didn't even know that was there, so for that alone your character might live longer than a day or two, lol. Lastly, yes, please feel free to PM me your characters details. Again thank you for your interest!!!!

Pipas posted: »

Ohh, nice, new fanfic! If I were you, I'd advertise it HERE, so more people can see it. Also could I PM you the character? I don't want everyone to know her backstory.

• Ok, sent. And that's okay, you can kill her off whenever you want. :D

And thank you for making the fanfiction. :P There's never enough of them.

crawfish posted: »

Pipas, First off, thank you for your interest and participation, it is greatly appreciated. Secondly, thank you for the advertisement ad

• Name: Sonya

Age/Gender: female, 12 years old

Personality: Sonya is a very smart girl, she's logical and makes good plans. But her main trait is being an introvert. She's quiet, calm and not-talkative girl. She prefers to spend her spare time alone. Even though Sonya is very polite towards strangers, it could feel like she's a cold person. However, it's not true. She's very warm-hearted, but she's afraid to show it.

Backstory: Sonya was born in Columbus, Ohio. Both of her parents were doctors, so she knows the first aid and other useful things about medicine. Sophia was a sucessful student and the pride of her school. She had a lot of potential. But unfortunately, the zombie apocalypse happened. During the outbreak Sonya was in school. She had to run away and meet with other people that will help her survive. She never made it back home where her parents was, so Sonya doesn't know anything about their fate. But she already thinks that they're probably dead...

• I just finished Sonya's intro I hope you enjoy.

Name: Sonya Age/Gender: female, 12 years old Personality: Sonya is a very smart girl, she's logical and makes good plans. But her main

• edited September 2014

Name: Chris

Personality: Very smart but has a short fuse temper if you hurt his family or his group he is naive at times and also tries to make logical group decisions he was in boy scouts and has Skills mostly with silent weaponry his most favorite way of doing supplies runs is stealthy so he a smart but naive at time guy

Backstory:Chris was born in kansas his mother and father died in the apocalypse from a herd when they were looking for supplies before the apocalypse chris was a manager of a lowes in kansas he worked hard and loves his sister kate very much he has a short fuse temper at times if you touch his sister kate or hurt her he will rip you to shreads his current goal is to get his sister and him to safety

I just finished Sonya's intro I hope you enjoy.

• by the way, I have to tell you that Sonya is a great character. That said, her introduction is going to get me into trouble with my wife. I can hear here now, " How could you do that to a little girl, think about your own daughters!" Writing here intro was hard because that was exactly what I was doing, thinking about my daughters. Again, excellent character!

Name: Sonya Age/Gender: female, 12 years old Personality: Sonya is a very smart girl, she's logical and makes good plans. But her main

• great character!! thank you for the offering. question, kate with him now? is there any information that you can provide about her if she is?

Lehfeels posted: »

Name: Chris Age: 29 Gender: Personality: Very smart but has a short fuse temper if you hurt his family or his group he is naive a

• shes 22 kind respectful but she breaks down easily when loss of a group the only thing keeping her strong is her brother she has brown hair shes american and so is chris and thats pretty much it when the story starts she wears a pink shirt long jogging pants pony tail hair style and brown hazelnut eyes thats about it to describe her personality and looks

great character!! thank you for the offering. question, kate with him now? is there any information that you can provide about her if she is?

• Thank you so much! That intro was awesome. You've got impressive writing skills.

And I'll tell you and awful secret - Sonya is not a character. It's me. I just changed my nationality and the place where I was born so I could fit in the story. My personality, appearance and the rest of the backstory is based on the real life.

by the way, I have to tell you that Sonya is a great character. That said, her introduction is going to get me into trouble with my wife.

• Bianca's intro is up, I hope you enjoy!! Please let me know if you think I am off with her.

Pipas posted: »

Ok, sent. And that's okay, you can kill her off whenever you want. And thank you for making the fanfiction. :P There's never enough of them.

• edited September 2014

Name: Samuel

Gender, Age: Male, 27 years old

Personality: Samuel is a charismatic and friendly guy who appears to be optimistic, carefree and always joking. His jokes can lighten the mood, but more than often he takes them too far and it seems that he doesn't take anything serious. It seems that no tragedy could ever affect him. However, that is merely an act he plays to deal with hardships. When pressed enough, he drops this act, revealing a deeply thoughtful person who is seriously concerned about the well-being of others, desperately trying to cheer them up, since he has a hard time dealing with sadness around him. He tries to be as caring as possible, never giving up on another person. He also hates killing other humans, but has no problems with killing walkers. Samuel tries to stay out of conflict trying to act as a mediator. In dangerous situations he acts quick and intuitive. He is always trying to do the right thing and blames himself for every tragedy that might happen to other people.

Biography: Samuel was born into a very poor and broken family. His mother left the family when he was twelve years old, leaving him with a careless and alcoholic father and four younger sisters. That led to him being the strong man in his family, who was always working hard to earn money. He also cheered his sisters up when they were sad and quickly discovered, that he feels good when people around him are happy. That made him into the joking and optimistic man he is today. When he was seventeen, his father died from liver cancer and his sisters were given to foster families. While Samuel tried to keep his family together, he eventually lost contact, which deeply affected him. He worked as a bartender in a small bar for several years, but he barely earned enough money to survive.

• Great job! You captured her perfectly. :-)

Bianca's intro is up, I hope you enjoy!! Please let me know if you think I am off with her.

• Name:Morgan Smith Jones

Personality:A helpful, friendly, secretive man. He helps whenever he can but often just becomes a burden. He has medical skills and good aim with a gun, and for his age he packs a big punch. He doesnt like to be mistreated and gets angry when he does, he is willing to kill anything he needs to but rather resort to peaceful methods. He has a dark past obvious with his many scars and dark attitude when hes sad. Seeing someone die makes him depressed and he would die before anyone else. He hates suicide unless youre bitten, he would never do suicide.

Biography:This man grew up as a only child with a mother, when he was 15 his mother passed away and he went into a deep depression. He eventually overcame it and struggled to be a doctor so he could stop others from dying. He worked as a doctor up until the dead started walking. Morgan made friends with many police officers who he went to the gun range often and to the boxing ring with. Once the dead started walking Morgan was ready, but Morgan has seen MANY people die after it...

• Wow great character! thank you for taking the time to put one together and for your participation. All of you guys are giving me some great characters to work with. It's kind of scary really, some really good and interesting people, and this is The Walking Dead and I haven't even really had a walker in it yet, just the hint of them. I can already see myself getting attached to these characters and with their stories. Thanks again for a great character!

Name: Samuel Gender, Age: Male, 27 years old Personality: Samuel is a charismatic and friendly guy who appears to be optimistic, caref

• Another awesome character!! You guys just keep coming with them. Thank you so much for the time you took to submit and for your participation in the story. All of you guys are giving me some wonderful stuff and people to work with in such a horrible, horrible place. This is going to be difficult as the story progresses I'm afraid. To many good folks in such a messed up world.

Name:Morgan Smith Jones Gender:Male Age:47 Personality:A helpful, friendly, secretive man. He helps whenever he can but often just

• You can make him go crazy or something. :P

Another awesome character!! You guys just keep coming with them. Thank you so much for the time you took to submit and for your participat

• I wasn't asking for a villain, don't get me wrong. I think Morgan is not the type for crazy, sure he's seen a lot of loss, and that's tough on anyone; but from you description I'd think it would make him stronger, harder maybe, but still a stronger person. I just know at some point in the story, there will be casualties and I am already getting attached to these characters.

You can make him go crazy or something. :P

• Thats just like me in my "Dead City" story im writing on here, but in my story I can make hard choices.

When people give me a character they are telling me who they were, I spin and twist that person.

I also create major cliffhangers and interact with the readers so much they dont know if the choice they made was right or wrong. For example, right now in one groups story, a mysterious figure is over a group member. The reader has to decide to shoot or wait, possibly cause a death.Sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice a good character for the sake of the plot, dont get too attached.

Just some advice from another interactive story writer. I would also appreciate if you check out my story "Dead City" on here, I plan on opening up for new characters.

I wasn't asking for a villain, don't get me wrong. I think Morgan is not the type for crazy, sure he's seen a lot of loss, and that's tough

• http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/83728/the-walking-storytales-volume-1-close-corners-sign-up-on-this-thread-interactive-fanfiction

While we wait come apply on my story guys so you have 2 stories instead of 1 to keep you busy since the wait might be boring for you without alittle something to hold you over im not as a quality qriter as crawfish but i still put out 4 to 5 parts of my story a day not as good as craws 1 or 2 parts a day that are written great but there still pretty fair

• Without a doubt there will be hard choices to make, and when the time comes I will make them rest assured. I appreciate the input, it has been an entertaining and challenging process bringing these folks to life, I find that I am having a great deal of fun with that. As for checking out Dead City, I'll head there now and add a character. Thanks again for the insight.

Thats just like me in my "Dead City" story im writing on here, but in my story I can make hard choices. When people give me a character t

• Lehfeels posted: »

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/83728/the-walking-storytales-volume-1-close-corners-sign-up-on-this-thread-interactive-fan

• Well you can make a character for the slaves or prisoners.

Without a doubt there will be hard choices to make, and when the time comes I will make them rest assured. I appreciate the input, it has b

• just added a character, let me know if you have questions about him.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/83728/the-walking-storytales-volume-1-close-corners-sign-up-on-this-thread-interactive-fan

• I will be trying to get Chris introduced tomorrow I think, I am trying to work out the details.

Name: Chris Age: 29 Gender: Personality: Very smart but has a short fuse temper if you hurt his family or his group he is naive a

• I will be trying to get Samuel introduced in the next day or just trying to finish working out the details of how I want to do it. want to let you know you weren't forgotten.

Name: Samuel Gender, Age: Male, 27 years old Personality: Samuel is a charismatic and friendly guy who appears to be optimistic, caref

• wanted to let you know that i'll be working to get morgan out in the next day or so, trying to work out some details; but wanted to let you know that you weren't forgotten about.

Name:Morgan Smith Jones Gender:Male Age:47 Personality:A helpful, friendly, secretive man. He helps whenever he can but often just

• I know ill let you take your time hell im taking a break.

wanted to let you know that i'll be working to get morgan out in the next day or so, trying to work out some details; but wanted to let you know that you weren't forgotten about.

• edited September 2014

By the way all of you participating, I apologize if I am not getting parts out quickly enough. This is something that I want to spend time with, hopefully producing something that you all enjoy. Between family( I have a big one), work, and this it will most like be one part a day though maybe more on the weekends. Again I want to thank you all for your participation, kind words, and most all your patience. Hopefully I'll manage to give you all something entertaining and worth the wait. Stay tuned!!! I ain't done with you guys by a long shot. MHUHAHAHHA!

• Name: Scarlette Monnet (T is silent at the end)

Personality: Very sly and agile. Has red hair, slightly pale skin. Also very tough, often speaking out of her place in troubling situations. Easily excitable, very optimistic, and is sometimes unaware of the danger certain activities might cause. (She's a bit of a dare devil.)

Biography:Originally from France, moved over when she was 18. Know's a lot of English, though often gets confused by American slang and sayings (ie: It's raining cats and dogs!). Has no family here, all of them are back home where she's from, and she's unsure if they're even alive at this point. Even though she's very happy go lucky, she tends to keep her real feelings hidden, mostly because it's hard for her to express them. Likes to shout curses in French all the time, and occasionally speaks French by accident when she rambles (Although, if you can't do that, you don't have to look up French sentences online. I could help some, I'm taking French 3 this year in high school.) Tends to get in dangerous situations, most of the time by shear accident.

I hope you liked her, she might even be a character I introduce on my own story.

• If you need to know a few French curses, you can always DM me XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

Name: Scarlette Monnet (T is silent at the end) Gender: Female Age: 23 Personality: Very sly and agile. Has red hair, slightly pale

• Ah, man. I was going to use the name Morgan, but you beat me to it! Oh well, I'll just make up an entirely new person X3

• edited September 2014

I actually do like this character! She will fit right in in Louisiana, actually. In many areas of the southern part of the state there a lot of people of people that speak French. In fact, some ages 60+ speak English as the second language. There is a morning news show here in my area that has a segment that is completely in French, though the dialect is a bit different. I also took French in school a million years ago, and traveled some there while in the service, so I actually know and remember a few French curse words as well. Scarlette will be an entertaining and challenging character to write. Thank you very much for taking the time to read and submit. it is very much appreciated. Hope you enjoy!!

EMMYPESS posted: »

If you need to know a few French curses, you can always DM me XD

• Haha, sweet! I'll try my best to read all that's been written on the thread, and I look forward to seeing my character in action!

I actually do like this character! She will fit right in in Louisiana, actually. In many areas of the southern part of the state there a lo

• edited September 2014

Got two characters for ya Crawfish. :D

Name: Deago Meadows

Appearance: He is an African-American man, with white hair just dotting his head, and a small white beard. He has glasses perched upon his nose, and tends to wear a blue polo shirt. He also wears khaki dress pants.

Personality: Deago tends to be quite timid, not exactly a chatterbox but not exactly a recluse either. He tends to give helpful advice to those younger then him, and even befriends them if he wishes. He has a small stutter that only shines out during long winded talks, and tends to say "uh" or "mhm" during conversations while thinking of words. Overall, he is a nice man.

Biography: Deago Meadows, as a child, lived out on an old farm with his parents and brother. He grew up working on this farm, but eventually turned away from a life of agriculture to turn to a Print Shop. He soon met his wife, Marissa in his twenties and they were married. His print shop flourished, and him and his wife soon had a son named Duane. Twenty-three long years after raising him, Deago Meadows finally decided to become a teacher in a high-school and taught a Web Design class. He wasn't ready for the dead to get up and kill his wife. After mourning her, he decided to look for his son Duane, who had been residing in another part of Louisiana.

Name: Marty Aaron

Apperance: He has brown hair, normally being covered by headphones. He wears a bubble vest and a white shirt under it, along with jeans and sneakers. On his side is a Sony Walkman, with which he has headphones plugged in. He normally wears them over his head, although during times of desperation or needing to pay attention he will lay them around his neck.

Personality: He is a very optimistic and charming individual, and tries to help out when someone is in need. While he would likely not give his own life for another, he has a soft spot for the elderly and children. While he is optimistic and happy generally most of the time, he will get angry and even furious at others. Just because you're social doesn't mean you don't get annoyed or angry with another.

Biography: Marty grew up in a nice suburbs type area, where he lived a relatively happy and life and all that shit. On his sixteenth birthday, due to a bit of a budget cut in his family, he did not get a car but instead a Sony Walkman. While he was slightly upset that he didn't get a car, he would never say this to his parents. He tried out the Walkman and has loved it ever since. He eventually bought himself a car and soon went to college, got a good job, a girlfriend and an apartment. Most of his family died during the attack of the dead, giving him a culture shock almost. He did learn to get over this however, and eventually set off on his own.

Songs on the Walkman for Funzies: Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum, Fame - David Bowie, ABC - Jackson 5, Ballroom Blitz - Sweet, Bad to the Bone - His name eludes me right now, Come and Get Your Love - Redbone, Ooh Child - Five Stairsteps, Moonage Daydream - David Bowie, Della and the Dealer - Hoyt Axton, might message you with some more, dunno.

Well, anyways, there you go! Hope you like them! :D

• edited September 2014

Wow! I actually like both of them! A lot of information and background on both of them. Marty will be an interesting write. Now to show my age, Bad to the Bone: George Thurgood and the Destroyers. And that freaking playlist, I love every bit of that. Don't know why, but I think that is one of the most interesting additions to a characters back story that I have seen on here.! I was cheating at work a bit and checked out your submission and that playlist made my day. Sometimes it's the simple things. Yeah you definitely got to give me more on Marty! Thank you very much for the great characters and you time and participation. Looking forward to bringing them both to life. Hopefully you will enjoy.

Got two characters for ya Crawfish. Name: Deago Meadows Gender: Male Age: 54 Appearance: He is an African-American man, with wh

• Name: Clayton

Age/Gender: 26, Male

Personality: Insensitive, Determined, Headstrong, Pragmatic, and Honest

Backstory: Was working nightshift at an office, started to fall asleep during his shift but heard a couple of screams coming from the outside. He found corpses walking around, he ran home and grabbed everything that mattered most to him. He's traveled much and doesn't trust people easily from everything he's gone through.

• Great character! Thank you for taking the time to participate and contribute, It is greatly appreciated! I'd also like to thank you again for the wonderful advertisement of my story in yours. That caught me completely by surprise; I am honored. I sincerely hope you continue to enjoy my story as much as I have and continue to enjoy yours.

Name: Clayton Age/Gender: 26, Male Personality: Insensitive, Determined, Headstrong, Pragmatic, and Honest Backstory: Was working n

• Name- Evie Hart

Age/Gender- 21, Female

Personality- Evie is a highly intelligent person, and finds it easy to understand people and their issues. She also can have a trusting nature towards people and give them a benefit of the doubt - She believes that in this new world everyone deserves a fresh start, with any previous criminal convictions etc to irrelevant now. However while she is trusting she will not allow anyone to abuse that trust and take her for an idiot. She has survived so long because people always under estimated her capabilities to fight and to not break under the pressure. She has traveled alone on occasions but she prefers the safety of a group.

Backstory- Evie Grew up in the British countryside with her mum, dad, brother and sister. She enjoyed a very happy childhood and when she finished school at 16 she started her A Levels and then did an animal care course at college. When she finished her animal care course she took a gap year and traveled to America where she got a year long placement at a Veterinary clinic. 4 months into the placement the outbreak hit and she was unable to get home due to the chaos and the closure of international borders. She moved around for a bit with some friends she had in America until they were ambushed one day by bandits and they were killed, she escaped and traveled alone for a few months until she found a new group and stayed with them - until they were also all killed. She is now alone again. Evie does not know if the outbreak hit the UK and if her family is still alive, but still hopes she will one day make it home to see them.

Appearance- Evie has long blonde hair which she keeps tied up in a ponytail, she wears a sleeveless blouse with denim shorts and flat shoes. She carries in a backpack with several necessities as well as a hoodie and a change of clothes for when its colder.

• Excellent character. Now I have Frog and a Brit, Road of Bones is going all international. :D. Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to contribute and participate, it is greatly appreciated! I will try my best to give you something enjoyable. All the characters have been fascinating and this has been a blast to write.

CSN2014 posted: »

Name- Evie Hart Age/Gender- 21, Female Personality- Evie is a highly intelligent person, and finds it easy to understand people and th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.