Favorite fantasy world?

edited September 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Wich is your favorite fantasy world? It can be from books like Westeros and Middle Earth or even from videogames like Tamriel and Hyrule.

Mine's are Tamriel and Westeros

Comments

• Middle-Earth and Westeros to a same degree

• Middle-Earth,duh.

• Tamriel! Why? Skooma and sweetrolls, my friend. Skooma and sweetrolls...

• Westeros, Tamriel, Thedas, The Northern Kingdoms & Nilfgaard...

• Warcraft and Elder Scrolls

• edited September 2014

Westeros, Discworld, and Melniboné.

Melniboné solely for the gigantic organ that makes music from the screams of tortured humans. Metal.

I'd also say Nirn (Elder Scrolls) but it gets a little less mysterious and fascinating with each game.

• I actually really like the Warcraft universe. It's quite interesting once you allow yourself to get into it. And no, not just playing the game. I mean reading the books and comics.

• I'm particularly partial to the Witcher Universe lately. I finally played The Witcher 2, and was so blown away that I played through the first one, and have bought all the books that have been translated into English so far. Then I played Witcher 2 again, and it made WAY more sense. :p

• I loved the Skyrim world, i sometime used to just wonder around and look at the landscape when i didn't want to do any missions and would take screenshots of random places and at night i loved watching the aurora.

• Lordran and the countries surrounding it

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited September 2014

Hyrule for me, Tamriel is a close second. I loved Vvardenfall and Cyrodiil. Skyrim not so much though. Was a little too... viking and jagged. Hard to explain.

• The world The Elder Scrolls takes place on is a planet called Nirn. The continent the series takes place on is called Tamriel.

OzzyUK posted: »

I loved the Skyrim world, i sometime used to just wonder around and look at the landscape when i didn't want to do any missions and would take screenshots of random places and at night i loved watching the aurora.

• Those are some strong arguments. I think you convinced me.

Tamriel! Why? Skooma and sweetrolls, my friend. Skooma and sweetrolls...

• edited September 2014

Wasn't Nirn a plane of existence?

Edit: Oh... no wait ignore that, yeah it's a planet XD

CathalOHara posted: »

The world The Elder Scrolls takes place on is a planet called Nirn. The continent the series takes place on is called Tamriel.

• The world of dragon age. :)

• Thedas for me too, perfect mixture of interesting lore and lighthearted buffoonery.

Healoz posted: »

The world of dragon age.

• Middle Earth
    Tamriel
    Hyrule
    Westeros seems interesting, but I've never really gotten into GoT

• warcraft and lordran

• If you read books and haven't yet tried it, you could Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen a try. Be warned, however, that the author does dump readers in at the deep-end and the first book might be quite hard to get through. It's not for everyone.

• Middle-Earth, easily.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.