Are SBEmails Over?

Hey all,

Sorry if you've heard this question a million times now.

I've been visiting homestarrunner.com for over 6 years now, and in all that time, I've never seen such a wide gap between SBEmail episodes. There was that April Fools episode, talking about sbemailiarization, but it's not really a SBEmail.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe they're done. I mean, why else would they take this long? Was episode 200 really the end?

Please fill me in if you know what's going on here!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• edited May 2009
    No one knows.
    Maybe their just building up tension among the fans. Maybe they are taking a break, who knows, honestly?

Oh, almost forgot; Welcome to Telltale Games Forums, Bob!
  • edited May 2009
    i think that they are going to take a year off them but then i could be wrong and i donht care all there stuff is funny
  • edited May 2009
    They did mention sbemail400 in sbemail 200, so I don't know. I hope they revive it though
  • edited May 2009
    I think they're done with Sbemails, and the Sbemailiarization thing was TBC pointing out that they're really just regular cartoons with Strong Bad talking at a computer at the beginning and end of it. Which I think is really clever.

I would like to see more Sbemails, but I'm intrigued with the new direction TBC are taking, as they've produced some great stuff since Sbemail 200 (aside from Donut Unto Others)
  • edited May 2009
    At the end of email thunder when it shows the names for all of the sbemails, there's a "...", after the last one, so I think there will be more.
  • edited May 2009
    there might be more. from how i see it, the chapmans left themselves an option to return to sbemails. it seems however, that they don't want to do any at the moment...
  • edited May 2009
    I think it's nice that they aren't doing them now. Maybe we'll get the itch later, but it's nice to see that their last few toons have ACTUALLY tried something new. Doing new jokes rather than recycling uber-fan material. Even Pistols for Pandas came off feeling "fresh" due to execution.

I bet that, as creators, they're a bit burned out on Strong Bad after the game.
  • edited May 2009
    Man, how great would it be if they posted in this forum and told us?
  • edited May 2009
    A few weeks after sbemail 200, I was incredibly frightened at the lack of new sbemails. However, now that I've seen the great new stuff they've been pumping out week after week without the fan input needed for sbemails, I'm beginning to realize that I maybe wouldn't mind if they never returned.

As for my opinion about if they will come back, I'm not quite sure. Recent evidence seems to point towards an end to sbemails, what with a parody of sbemails already on the site. However, there may come a time when their creativity runs nearly dry, and they might return fan input for new ideas. I honestly hope that day never comes.
  • edited June 2009
    Haven't you heard the review easter egg in sbemail200? Strong Sad said ''Is the rain of Hremails at hand?"' Ya strong bads gone. But you can see homestar awesome Hremails!
  • edited June 2009
    I can't remember where I read it. Probably HomeStarRunner.com. Anyway, they're taking a short break to work on more of the shows like Teen Girl Squad, and the five-minute-or-so cartoons, like 79 seconds. None of us here could go on for a year with SBEmails.
  • edited June 2009
    Much like everyone else here, Im glad that there arnt any new sbemails so that they can work on other good stuff. I mean, if you check the "big toons" section on the toons page, there's not a single one for '08. It's nice to take a break from something if that's all that they do. I'm sure that they're prepareing something big for 201, though it might be awhile.
  • edited July 2009
    The king has returned. :)
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

And...
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/hremail3184.html
    It, despite the title, is sbemail 201, or 200, depending on what you believe. :)
  • edited July 2009
    wudduya mean, "200"?
  • edited July 2009
    Well... since Strongbad actually didn't ANSWER an email in email 200, some people over on the Homestar Wiki are calling this his actual 200th email. Go figure. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Gee, even though someone already posted that with a link, im glad that i can see it again without a link!
  • edited July 2009
    Time to sit and wait for another week.
    ... I WANT MORE SBEMAIL!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.