Questions about the first game

So Playstation Store was having a Borderlands sale, both games for just 10 dollars, Since i know not much of the games I bought them to prepare for TFTB.

Now i'm curious, if you were to do everything, like all side missions and all challenges in order to get the platinum trophy, how many days would it take? I'm currently not very far in the game but i like it so far- are all the side missions worth it? After completing the main story could I go back and complete unfinished side missions?

Comments

• Shouldn't take too long, the missions are fairly short, it's not like a giant RPG or anything. Honestly, it probably would've been better to get the GOTY editions, because the DLC, from what we've seen so far, will be included in TFTB. Or, at the very least, Shade will.

• Well yes, you can complete every side mission later, but if you want to get through the story comfortably, then I suggest that you complete most of the side missions. They'll give you XP which is pretty much vital in the game, I remember considering that option myself at the beginning, but I found that the game just became too hard for me to handle and I couldn't get past the 5th story mission or something like that. So yeah, you should complete at least some of them before the story missions, this applies to both games.

The games take a while to complete because of the progression system and the sheer amount of content. I felt that BL1 took FOREVER to get through because it was so boring (if you're enjoying it so far, good for you). BL2 takes even longer, but doesn't feel as nearly as boring as BL1, because there's much more dialogue and actual writing in the game. If you're playing these two just to get familiar with the universe, you can easily skip the first game and go straight to BL2. But you know, this is just my advice, if you're liking BL1 so far, who am I to stop you from playing it.

I poured about 800-900 hours into BL2 and I enjoyed every minute of it. To me though, BL1 really isn't worth the time it takes to complete it. But anyway, I'm really happy to see that people here appreciate these games and are enjoying them as much as I did.

• It also helps that the sidequests, at least in BL2, are pretty damn funny.

Well yes, you can complete every side mission later, but if you want to get through the story comfortably, then I suggest that you complete

• Yeah, this is exactly why BL2 is still interesting after a long time. I honestly don't think I'll be playing the first game ever again, especially because there's a new game coming in about two weeks that will probably exceed both BL1 and BL2. I guess BL1 would've been really good for 2009 standards, but gaming has come a long way since then and many games today are just miles better.

It also helps that the sidequests, at least in BL2, are pretty damn funny.

• if you played the game everyday for 7 hours you could get to max level and do all the quests

• I still prefer Borderlands 1 in terms of gameplay because it's more balanced than 2, but Pre-Sequel seems to have fixed the problems 2 had with balancing, such as enemies having stupidly large health pools and guns becoming obsolete very quickly.

Yeah, this is exactly why BL2 is still interesting after a long time. I honestly don't think I'll be playing the first game ever again, espe

• You're right, scaling was much better in BL1. Too bad the game had no minimap, no FOV slider, almost no voice acting etc.

I still prefer Borderlands 1 in terms of gameplay because it's more balanced than 2, but Pre-Sequel seems to have fixed the problems 2 had with balancing, such as enemies having stupidly large health pools and guns becoming obsolete very quickly.

• How many days would you say that would take?

if you played the game everyday for 7 hours you could get to max level and do all the quests

• A weak for me and my friend in coop.(DLC include)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.