Game crashes upon startup through steam

The game keeps crashing upon starting the game through steam. I'm using Windows 8. The game started once. When it did, I set the graphics to match my PCs resolution. It was in 1280x720 so I changes it to 1920x1080. It immediate crashed and won't open again.
EDIT: I have tried everything in the FAQ aswell.

Comments

• Wow its been 2 days with no help...

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try disabling Steam Cloud Saving for the game (You can do this by right clicking on the game in your Steam Library, clicking Properties, and click the Updates tab. Near the bottom of the page, you can see if the Steam Cloud is enabled for The Wolf Among Us) Then delete the prefs.prop file in

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\

Then restart the game, and your resolution should be reset to default, and allow you to access the game again.

• This worked once, then I tried bring the resolution up a bit so it looks proportional and now it crashes every time. i've tried repeating these steps but I can't replicate the same results.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try disabling Steam Cloud Saving for the game (You can do this by right clicking on the game in yo

As long as you have Steam Cloud disabled for the game, you should be able to delete your prefs.prop file, and it will restore your screen's resolution to default. Unfortunately if that does not resolve the issue, I would recommend deleting your prefs.prop file, and uninstalling the game. Then reinstall the game, and your preferences should be reset to default.

piford posted: »

This worked once, then I tried bring the resolution up a bit so it looks proportional and now it crashes every time. i've tried repeating these steps but I can't replicate the same results.

• After over a week of trying various settings and tricks, I still cant get my game to boot up. I downloaded it strait from this website to avoid steam all together, but nothing works.

As long as you have Steam Cloud disabled for the game, you should be able to delete your prefs.prop file, and it will restore your screen's

Please run the Support Tool again, and I will look at your file directory for the game to make sure you have cleared all of the prefs.prop files associated with the game, in order for your preferences to reset to default.

This discussion has been closed.