What are you look forward in this tell-tale series?

What are you looking forward for Tales from the Borderlands created by tell-tale. Yes I admit that I know nothing about this game series, I might play them after the tell-tale series. Lets just share info about the this upcoming series. what are you looking forward for?

For me its this:

~2 sides of the same story
both characters lie to people around them, and to the player - this puts pressure on the player to find the truth about the characters what really happens, the characters might lie to themselves. we might only get the clear pic of what happens to them by the end of series so there is going intrigue.

~its been confirmed that actor that I really like is voicing Rhys

~You can switch between the characters you play.

~With Rhys you get to control a robot, and by the sound of it you can swap and change its weapons.

what about you guys?

Comments

• edited October 2014

claptrap

more claptrap

Alt text

Alt text

• I don't know nothing about this series, but that robot is really cute ^_^

Jewfreeus posted: »

claptrap more claptrap

• I think I am mostly looking forward to a less dark setting. After the overwhelming amount of sadness and darkness from TWD and TWOU, I am looking forward to an adventure story with dark comedy with two badass looking characters as duo protagonist.

• I don 't know. I mean, I trust them to give us a very good story and the characters all look so intresting. Also lets not forget the violence, humor and all this stuff we love about Borderlands.

• The narrative style. It's a pretty fucking cool concept that we just play the 'upgraded' version of the story, and never what actually happened. At least that's what I've heard multiple times now, from Telltale staff in interviews too.

• I hope to see a lot of borderlands characters, specialy the crazy ones.(Tiny Tina-Kreig-Salvador)

• I also think it is damn interesting. I hope it also means that it allow our choices to have a greater influence in the story.

The narrative style. It's a pretty fucking cool concept that we just play the 'upgraded' version of the story, and never what actually happened. At least that's what I've heard multiple times now, from Telltale staff in interviews too.

• edited October 2014

I am really excited to revisit Borderlands/Pandora in a very story directed atmosphere. But more than that, I am looking forward to coming to these forums are enjoying the fact I won't have to see a bunch of heated debates. Games like TWD and TWAU brought sooooo many tiring and unnecessary debate and hate that drove me up the wall. I don't see TFTB having that problem :)

• edited October 2014

Agreed, I am sick of heated debates. People defend their fav characters with so much passion it gets tiresome. what make you think this series won't get subject to the debates?

I am really excited to revisit Borderlands/Pandora in a very story directed atmosphere. But more than that, I am looking forward to coming t

• I just wonder what the plot is about. The game is on the more humorous side of storytelling, but there's got to be something more that pushes the Borderlands plot. What problems will occur, is there a bad guy or are we the bad guy, will it all take place in Sanctuary (the hub area in Borderlands 2) or explore the endless amounts of areas on Pandora. I can't see killing badass bandits over and over again to be just all the story has to offer. I guess what I'm looking forward to in this series is to find out what is there left to do on Pandora considering all the accomplishments we made in the previous games.

• edited October 2014

Its a dark comedy game meant to humor you and interest you, not make you choose heated sides of a heavy decision that questions your morals or your humanity. Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead are dark thrillers that bring up those heavy topics of discussion that (even if I love both games) become annoying to hear again and again.

Agreed, I am sick of heated debates. People defend their fav characters with so much passion it gets tiresome. what make you think this series won't get subject to the debates?

• I'm not so sure... if you're following the Pre Sequel on the Gearbox forums in the Spoilers section, you'll know there's a fierce debate going on about a certain something from that game at the moment with people sticking up for certain characters; it reminded me a lot of TWD forum actually .

I'm pretty sure that if that's in a shooter, it'll be in a TellTale game guaranteed. It's the nature of this format; we have choices and the games are character centric. One person will say a character is a bad character, one person will defend that character, next thing you know you have a billion annoying Kenny threads.

Its a dark comedy game meant to humor you and interest you, not make you choose heated sides of a heavy decision that questions your morals

• I really hope your right, thanks for the reply

Its a dark comedy game meant to humor you and interest you, not make you choose heated sides of a heavy decision that questions your morals

• that doesn't sound very comfortable, your comment makes me nervous, I might skip the Tales from the Borderlands forums, I do plan of playing the series through

Trentest0 posted: »

I'm not so sure... if you're following the Pre Sequel on the Gearbox forums in the Spoilers section, you'll know there's a fierce debate goi

• I think it's nice that Telltale is returning to comedy after taking on drama series for a while. Also, while Telltale has taken on video game franchises before (Tales of Monkey Island), this will be their first major video game franchise that make a story about, so that will be interesting to me as well.

• The walking dead series is pretty big, best on the comics it has TV show. while tales of the borderlands is a big game franchise game of thrones is a big one too. I only recently jump on to tell-tale start of 2014 so I haven't played the series Sam and Max so I haven't seen how tell-tale dose comedy.

I think it's nice that Telltale is returning to comedy after taking on drama series for a while. Also, while Telltale has taken on video gam

• so I haven't seen how tell-tale does comedy.

They do it pretty well. :)

Newer fans might initially find the puzzle style to be weird in their older games, as those deliberately used quirky puzzle solutions for comedic appeal, but their later comedy games became more friendly towards casual players. I think Season 3 of Sam and Max is a great place to start if you ever want to check out it out.

The walking dead series is pretty big, best on the comics it has TV show. while tales of the borderlands is a big game franchise game of th

• edited October 2014

deliberately used quirky puzzle solutions for comedic appeal

puzzles as jokes.....huh. never seen or heard of puzzles set as jokes. interesting

If I did decide to play Sam and max it would be at the start of the series otherwise I wouldn't get or understand to storyline. I might play it, the moment I am on indie game kick.

but thanks for the advice anyhow.

so I haven't seen how tell-tale does comedy. They do it pretty well. Newer fans might initially find the puzzle style to be weir

• For me, I'm looking forward to seeing these types of moments: (make it happen, Telltale!)

• High-five Cl4p-tr4p
    • Party with Cl4p-tr4p
    • Get drunk with Cl4p-tr4p
    • Get drunk with Steve the bandit
    • Have both Rhys's robot and Gaige's robot meet under awkward circumstances
    • Have a debate with the poop train conductor
    • Participate in a montage full of explosions with Mr. Torgue
    • Be in a rock band with Tiny Tina
    • Have crumpets with Tiny Tina

Just naming a few.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.