Has the release date been delayed till 2015? [mod edit: nope!]

edited October 2014 in Game Of Thrones

On most gaming sites the projected release date for the Game of Thrones game has been changed from Q4 2014 to Q1 2015. Has the release date been delayed till 2015?

PS. WHERE'S CARLLLLL???

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Nope! We're still planning for the season to premiere later this year. :)

• I was about to answer 'Yes'. Glad I was wrong :P

Can you give us something about 'Tales From The Borderlands', please? Anything? It would be appreciated.

puzzlebox posted: »

Nope! We're still planning for the season to premiere later this year.

• PS. WHERE'S CARLLLL???

Alt text

He might be right behind you...if you're not in a house. Then you're safe.

• Volunteer moderators are not Telltale staff and we don't have any special insight, but I'm going to make an educated guess as a seasoned Telltale fan. I'd imagine we almost certainly get Tales from the Borderlands this year - and before Game of Thrones as well. All we have for Game of Thrones currently are vague teasers revolving around book excerpts. Meanwhile, Tales from the Borderlands has screenshots, some plot details, a more elaborate teaser trailer than Game of Thrones, etc. Having said such, I'd wager a guess that Tales from the Borderlands is further along than Game of Thrones.

(Of course, Telltale not openly sharing details doesn't mean the game isn't far along behind the scenes, but Telltale typically saves information for when the game is close enough to being done...)

As I imagine you guys were, I was also surprised to hear that Game of Thrones is still coming this year considering we don't have much info as of yet.

I was about to answer 'Yes'. Glad I was wrong :P Can you give us something about 'Tales From The Borderlands', please? Anything? It would be appreciated.

• edited October 2014

Well I guess Puzzlebox just answered that question, but then again I still wouldn't be surprised if it is still pushed to 2015 (since the delay of Tales is probably having its toll on both games).

P.S

Alt text

• I don't think Tales from the Borderlands was (openly) delayed, though?

Well I guess Puzzlebox just answered that question, but then again I still wouldn't be surprised if it is still pushed to 2015 (since the delay of Tales is probably having its toll on both games). P.S

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2014

Happy to confirm that Tales from the Borderlands is slated to premiere this year as well! We've got a VERY busy couple of months ahead...

As for Game of Thrones, it's a lot (like, a LOT a lot) further along than folks probably think based on the very little info that's been released so far. We just aren't sharing many details (beyond the teases you've already seen) until the time is right!

Volunteer moderators are not Telltale staff and we don't have any special insight, but I'm going to make an educated guess as a seasoned Tel

• Winter is coming this year. :)

Happy to confirm that Tales from the Borderlands is slated to premiere this year as well! We've got a VERY busy couple of months ahead...

• Can you at least tell us which game will be released first? Tales from the Borderlands or Game of Thrones?

• When they first released screenshots for it, they said "more to come as the release date approaches this summer." Then it was pushed to fall, then the CEO of Telltale even said "we will try to be getting it out in winter." I hope they are just trying to prepare everyone for the worst, but it seems to be like it has been getting delayed for some time.

What I'm more curious about is if there are separate teams for Tales and GoT? If they are, I don't think one game's delay/release date will effect the other in any way.

I don't think Tales from the Borderlands was (openly) delayed, though?

• What I'm more curious about is if there are separate teams for Tales and GoT? If they are, I don't think one game's delay/release date will effect the other in any way.

I've read articles/interviews stating that such is the case, I believe.

When they first released screenshots for it, they said "more to come as the release date approaches this summer." Then it was pushed to fall

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Job tweeted this

Alt text
    https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/525822748807815169

So it looks like the game is in a playable state so hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too long :)

• The game is in a playable state for at least 2 months...

Alt text

OzzyUK posted: »

Job tweeted this https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/525822748807815169 So it looks like the game is in a playable state so hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too long

Sign in to comment in this discussion.