No Download Button

edited September 2005 in Game Support
I bought Out from Boneville and did the findmyorder.com thing. It found my order with no problem, but there was no download button on the screen. So I don't really even have the game yet, even though I own it. Weird.

Anyone have a clue what to do here?

Comments

• edited September 2005
    I have the same problem, the only button it shows is called "Finish" and it just closes the window
  • edited September 2005
    Hi,

First, it's important to note that the version that you download from our site, and the version you download after purchasing are essentially the same. So, if you need to download the game you can do so by clicking here.

The finish button is displayed when the system assumes that you have already downloaded and installed the game. If this is not the case, try downloading and installing the game by using the link above, then try clicking on the "Finish" button once again through the findmyorder.com link.

Please let me know if this helps.

Troy
  • edited September 2005
    No dice,
    It's already downloaded... there's just no product key so i can't buy the full version.
  • edited September 2005
    I'm slightly confused. You say that you can't buy the full version, yet your post above indicates you already have purchased it. Can you clarify?
  • edited September 2005
    My bad, i guess i wasn't clear
    I just assumed there was a full version link i could download from, and not just through the demo version that used to purchase the Bone Game. Clearly there is not, unfortunately this does little to remedy my problem, as i have no registration key... i have an order number and confirmation e-mail and everything, but no key. Is there somewhere i should have collected it?
  • edited September 2005
    Just sent you an email. Let's try to get this sorted out, then we'll post our findings back on the forum.
  • edited September 2005
    i have replied via e-mail
  • edited September 2005
    I think I have the same problem. I've purchased the game through the demo version, but it never game me a key. Underneath the blue "Finish" button on the Findmyorder page, it says this:
    Click on the begin download button to download your product.

Serial Number: None

Subscription Key/Unlock Code: None

There is no download button either. Not that I need it because the game is essentially already on my computer. I just can't unlock it even though I just paid for it.

Hmmm... I'm going to try those red "Customer service" words at the top of the Bone startup screen and see about getting my key re-issued. That's the only thing I can think of that might solve this. But I really don't know why it didn't give me a key to start out with.
  • edited September 2005
    clearly, we have the same problem.
  • edited September 2005
    Hmmm... I'm going to try those red "Customer service" words at the top of the Bone startup screen and see about getting my key re-issued. That's the only thing I can think of that might solve this. But I really don't know why it didn't give me a key to start out with.

Thanks so much for mentioning this-- I don't know if it helped you at all, but it worked perfectly for me. I never got a serial number either.

But, just one click on that red 'Customer Service' text, and a quick enter of my order number and password, and everything was suddenly perfect! Still, I'd like to know what my serial key actually -is-...
  • edited September 2005
    I contacted Telltale through email and got the product key thing straightened out. Turns out if you've downloaded the demo and bought it through the wizard there, you already downloaded the full version, too. But you don't get a product key. So I had to have one emailed. No big deal, just something that needs to be straightened out. on the next release.
  • edited September 2005
    i've the same problems,too. i just wrote an email to support@telltalegames.com
  • edited September 2005
    I had the same problem too. Apparently, after two weeks they still haven't done anything about fixing it. And I can't even use the technical support thing to straighten it out like some people have, because now the red link asks for the code rather than for the order number. All I have is an order number, so I'm up the creek without a paddle until tech support gets back to me.

After two weeks of this problem, you'd think there'd be more of an acknowledgement. This is VERY frustrating to purchase the game and be unable to play it. It rather defeats the purpose of instant activation. Were this game sold in stores, I could have easily picked up a copy, brought it home, installed it and be playing it in far less time, no hassle.

TTG, if you can't fix the problem yet, please at least address it. This is unfair. New buyers deserve to know.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2005
    Hi all,

Yes, it is true that some of the wording on the instructions for unlocking the game is still confusing. And yes, sometimes clicking "finish" instead of unlocking your game like it is supposed to, still just closes the window (usually because of firewalls and things of that nature). We are working with Digital River to resolve these issues.

Wyvern, the solution people here are talking about is with the old version of the game. You can still do the same thing with the new version, but instead of clicking the red link in the upper left hand corner, click the link that reads "Activate a Previous Purchase" which appears under the buttons on the reminder screen. Then you will be able to enter in your order ID and password and click "re-issue key" which will let you unlock the game. If THIS doesn't work, then please email support@telltalegames.com.

You do not require a registration key as long as everything works smoothly with the automatic unlocking. There are a number of reasons the automatic system might hiccup for an individual, most having to do with firewalls and what-not. We are still working to try and smooth out the process as much as we can, and we will continue to work on it till we are out of things we can possibly fix!
  • edited September 2005
    Wyvern, the solution people here are talking about is with the old version of the game. You can still do the same thing with the new version, but instead of clicking the red link in the upper left hand corner, click the link that reads "Activate a Previous Purchase" which appears under the buttons on the reminder screen. Then you will be able to enter in your order ID and password and click "re-issue key" which will let you unlock the game.

I have gone to "Activate a Previous Purchase" but that link doesn't ask for order ID and password. It asks for Name and Key. I don't have a Key to enter. Putting in my Order ID and password doesn't work. I need to have a key to enter.
    If THIS doesn't work, then please email support@telltalegames.com.

I did e-mail support@telltalegames.com yesterday around 2:30pm pacific time. I haven't heard anything back yet. You're the only person at Telltale I've heard from so far. I do appreciate your response.
  • edited September 2005
    Whoops. Never mind. I was clicking on Manual Key Entry.

I just did the activate purchase thing and it worked :)

Thanks!

Update: I finally got my key from the Digital River people this evening. Funny because I'd already completed the game hours prior :D

Thanks again Heather, you cutie.
This discussion has been closed.