Sam & Max Hit the Road Is Now Available On GOG.com!

JenniferJennifer Moderator
edited October 2014 in Sam & Max

Sam & Max Hit the Road is coming out of the Disney vault! GOG.com posted a news release about LucasArts games coming to the service.

In it they said that about 30 LucasArts games would be coming to their service. Six would be coming tomorrow, including Sam & Max: Hit the Road! :)

I have it on disc already (in a bundle with Day of the Tentacle), but I'll be more than happy to pick it up again to get it digitally too. :D

Comments

• I never thought Disney would be the one to let some Intellectual Property loose! I guess they're not totally heartless, and they're probably less protective when they weren't the ones who made it in the first place. Now they just need to authorize a few sequels! :)

• I'll have to check it out! The Telltale seasons were my first introduction to the Sam and Max series and I'm aware that the LucasArts Adventure games are much harder than the Telltale Adventure games, but I still think it would be fun to try!

• It was a definite must-buy when GOG released it. I had a CD of it... but it was lost during a move way back when. I'm glad GOG picked up the license. After playing through Hit the road, try going back to the Telltale games... there are a lot of references back to Hit the Road...

I'll have to check it out! The Telltale seasons were my first introduction to the Sam and Max series and I'm aware that the LucasArts Adventure games are much harder than the Telltale Adventure games, but I still think it would be fun to try!

• Definitely. The four games (and two side games) actually feel like they're all part of the same continuity, since there's a lot of references to past adventures in all of them.

I wish they still had the Surfing the Highway comic collection available for sale too, since there's a lot of references to the comics as well. Sam & Max is one of those franchises where you don't need to experience everything to enjoy it, but you get more out of it if you do.

CJDJ posted: »

It was a definite must-buy when GOG released it. I had a CD of it... but it was lost during a move way back when. I'm glad GOG picked up t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.