Too much hype will kill it.

edited October 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Am I the only one worried the first screenshots may be a major letdown?

Has the game had too much hype for something that has nothing really tangible to be hyped for?

I fear the JP effect....

Comments

• I don't think Game of Thrones has really caught everybody's eye unlike Tales From The Borderlands or even the long-awaited The Walking Dead, Season Three. The only thing I'm curious and at the same time concerned about, is the art-style. I don't think Game of Thrones would suit a similar art style to The Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead. But with little to no evidence of a good-looking realistic style for Telltale to follow, I'm sort of wondering what it could be.

But perhaps I'm wrong, it could still look good and I still cannot wait to see what story Telltale manages to tell, during the course of five episodes in the Game of Thrones universe.

• Have you checked out the Dunk & Egg graphical novels? They're cartoony by nature, and it doesn't detract from the world in the least.

HarjKS posted: »

I don't think Game of Thrones has really caught everybody's eye unlike Tales From The Borderlands or even the long-awaited The Walking Dead,

• The Dunk and Egg graphical novels are completely different. They have an art style which is at least semi-realistic. With The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, or even Borderlands they use a distinct art style that happens to also be similar. Game of Thrones doesn't possess that, so I'm only curious as what art style will be emulated by Telltale for the series.

Have you checked out the Dunk & Egg graphical novels? They're cartoony by nature, and it doesn't detract from the world in the least.

• This is how I try to go through life: Expect the worst, and I you might not be disappointed.

• Honestly, I think the Telltale TWAU and TWDG art style would be fine for Game of Thrones. It would look very stylized and striking (especially with snowy environments and bloody combat). Plus well not to shit on Telltale's ability to improve frame-rate on a very undemanding art style such as the one described hasn't gone very well... Let's let them master the game's functionality on a easier to render style before giving them the task of moving towards more realistic art styles. Holy shit would the realism thing run like shit...
    <3 ya Telltale

HarjKS posted: »

I don't think Game of Thrones has really caught everybody's eye unlike Tales From The Borderlands or even the long-awaited The Walking Dead,

• To be fair, you have a great point.

Churned posted: »

Honestly, I think the Telltale TWAU and TWDG art style would be fine for Game of Thrones. It would look very stylized and striking (especial

• I have a really good feeling this going to be a good one. GRRM has been fed up with the shitty Thrones games so I think he might have some personal attachment to this one it might be damn good or like you say suffer TWD S2 syndrome. Hopefully not tho...

• I fear the JP effect...

Jesus, I hope not. I liked the story of JP, but compared to TWD and TWAU it kinda sucks.

Here's to hoping GoT will be good.

• I'd love to see if George RR Martin writes a couple episodes. :)

Churned posted: »

I have a really good feeling this going to be a good one. GRRM has been fed up with the shitty Thrones games so I think he might have some p

• For me its only if you let youself be bummed by the hype. Most people hate walking dead season 2 due to over hype of every little thing. I'm excited for sure

• Most people hate season 2? How did you come to that conclusion?

For me its only if you let youself be bummed by the hype. Most people hate walking dead season 2 due to over hype of every little thing. I'm excited for sure

• Actually a lot of people do if you pay close enough attention (myself included)

Most people hate season 2? How did you come to that conclusion?

• "A lot of people", but not the most.

Actually a lot of people do if you pay close enough attention (myself included)

• Most people hate season 2? How did you come to that conclusion?

Well I dont but it seems people are more negative about it than season 1

• edited November 2014

As long as the story is good I don't care about the graphics. I would prefer something more artistic than realistic graphically wise.

• I don't think people hate it per say. But it's not up to par and it seems that it has gone visuals over the game and story.

• edited November 2014

It hard for this game to have too much hype since it doesnt even have a trailer to get hyped over lol

• I agree. It hasnt been hyped nearly enough IMO.

TommyW posted: »

It hard for this game to have too much hype since it doesnt even have a trailer to get hyped over lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.