A book question.

I originally watched the whole television series live for the most part, but I've recently watched it all over again and appreciate the story much more. I can't wait for this game to get released, but what's worrying me is the fact that the game could possibly spoil something for me. I haven't read the books.

I'm definitely planning to read the books, (I've even bought them), but I'm not going to be reading much until Christmas due to busyness. How much further have the books gone compared to the show? Has it been announced where the game will take place?

Thank you for reading, it's much appreciated.

Comments

• The show will pretty much have caught up with the books by season 5 of the TV show, that is, unless Winds of Winter gets published before the next season.

From the teasers, it looks like (to me) the game will take place in the most recent book that was published "A Dance With Dragons", in the North, marching with Stannis towards Winterfell.

• Thank you for answering my questions.

The last I saw of Stannis was when he was at the wall after saving Jon Snow from the Wildlings. I hope the game doesn't spoil too much for me. I guess the best thing for me to do would be to play the first episode, and then from there, see whether or not I should be caught up with the books before carrying on.

I'll probably start reading now, but slowly.

Rhaeygar posted: »

The show will pretty much have caught up with the books by season 5 of the TV show, that is, unless Winds of Winter gets published before th

• You're in for a treat.

• Have you seen the series and read the books? If so, which is better?

And when you say I'm in for a treat, does that mean from Season 4, things will get even more exciting?

Rhaeygar posted: »

You're in for a treat.

• RhaeygarRhaeygar Banned
    edited October 2014

I personally like the books better. I used to be a show watcher, but then I read the books and was blown away. When I said "you're in for a treat", I meant that I think you will thoroughly enjoy the books , especially Dance with Dragons since you've seen the show and the show hasn't quite gotten to Dance yet.

TomasWelsh posted: »

Have you seen the series and read the books? If so, which is better? And when you say I'm in for a treat, does that mean from Season 4, things will get even more exciting?

• edited October 2014

I know this question was not made to me, but would you mind if I leave an answer too? I agree that the books are better, but I would point out that some characters (and even some events) were improved by the series.

But you also asked about spoilers in the game. I would also bet that the game will probably concentrate (or, at least, start) with Stannis moving south. Depending on who we will be in the game, you could see some important spoilers (but nothing that should not be dealt with by episode 3 of the next season if it keeps the pace).

TomasWelsh posted: »

Have you seen the series and read the books? If so, which is better? And when you say I'm in for a treat, does that mean from Season 4, things will get even more exciting?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.