TTG's GoT: Canon or not? TV or Books?

Howdy there, that's my first thread around here so I'll just make use of my misunderstandment with all the scarce info we have on the game and ask what you expect of GoT.
Today a third teaser was released and, right now it gets quite clear that we're gonna see an epic role playing point and click series set in the hazardous and broken lands of the northern kingdom of westeros, better than that, we're gonna play our story inside the civil war set against the three great factions of Stannis/Stark loyalists; Greyjoy/Ironborn freaks and Bolton/Frey freaks.
That leaves me wondering pretty hard on wheter or not the game will have effective choices (real effective, TWD S1 style), since, well, we either follow Martin's universe or HBO's universe; TTG either helps HBO build a more complex story, or go for the books where the world is already huge.
Or, we can follow a stand-alone/ spin off route, which would destroy Telltale's formula. And won't happen, I wager.

Just so y'all know I don't really wanna put any opinion in my post, since Im lost enough to have 'none'. Therefore, I ask your own opinion on the matter. Gotta any theory? Any idea that fits what we saw? What do you believe to be the most likely, worthy, interesting or different route/media for Telltale to follow with this game? Add some House Bolton members (since we basically saw two living Bolton), so that we may play as a high born and, as Martin won't ever do, provide a direct POV to House Stark's rival house?? Add some House Greyjoy member for our play? Play as a part of a clan of the wolfwoods, neck, mountains or skagos?? Wanna desert/serve the Night's Watch? The King-Beyond the Wall, the Magnar of Thenn or the King Squid/ King Stag's army?? Share your thoughts!!!

Comments

• we're gonna play our story inside the civil war set against the three great factions of Stannis/Stark loyalists; Greyjoy/Ironborn freaks and Bolton/Frey freaks.

Source? :D

I mean, it's not impossible, but there's no confirmation about that. All we can speculate on is Bolton because of the third teaser.

But Telltale already confirmed the game will follow the HBO canon, if that answers your question.

• Pardon, I meant 'probably'.

we're gonna play our story inside the civil war set against the three great factions of Stannis/Stark loyalists; Greyjoy/Ironborn freaks and

• It's very likely this is following the show's universe. Martin is very picky with his interpretations.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.