Game of Thrones officially confirmed in interview to have five playable protagonists

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014

Wouldnt it be cool to have five save stats and each character has his own perpective in each chapter. I mean 1:30 hours for every char each chapter xD

Would maybe be too much to handle right now..

• Here's hoping we subvert some tropes. Lets play twin siblings, their estranged uncle, single mother, and hardcore grandma.

Flog61 posted: »

I'm not sure, it depends what 'family' means here. Like, we could play as an aunt or a grandfather or a cousin.

• Anyone know if this will be on PS4? Or just ps3 and pc?

• Having several points-of-view isn't totally unexpected considering the source material, I was just hoping that there's enough time to give each character proper focus.

Eh when you consider the diverse cast and locations in the main series it makes sense.

• It will not only be on ps3 and pc, but idk about whether or not it will be available on next gen. Since Tales is, its likely GoT will be as well.

Judd426 posted: »

Anyone know if this will be on PS4? Or just ps3 and pc?

• It has to be longer than 90 minutes if it's gonna be five characters. For starters, 400 Days was a DLC but also my main problem with it was that everytime I was getting invested and excited, the chapter ended. That really bothered me, as if normal TWD episodes weren't already short.

On the other hand, this will be a full season, so continued stories could be extremely promising. Although one must wonder if this will be actual choices or the illusion of choice once again. I don't mind illusion as long as it's handled well as TWDS1 did. We'll see, but despite my worries I'm still so very excited.

• 5 characters means we need more time. Double time for each episode. 3 hours per episode seems about right.

Trenchfoot posted: »

It has to be longer than 90 minutes if it's gonna be five characters. For starters, 400 Days was a DLC but also my main problem with it was

• That would be fantastic!

WalkerHH93 posted: »

5 characters means we need more time. Double time for each episode. 3 hours per episode seems about right.

• I agree about not all makes it through the season. I am suspecting that by the time of the final episode, only one out of the five playable is left.

I think it is interesting and yet frightening that there is a possibility that a playable character dies before the last episode.

Mikejames posted: »

I love the idea of influencing a story from multiple perspectives, but I'm wary about them using as many as five leads. Seems like a lot of

• I wouldn't get your hopes up, Telltale has been aiming for 90 minute episodes.

Trenchfoot posted: »

It has to be longer than 90 minutes if it's gonna be five characters. For starters, 400 Days was a DLC but also my main problem with it was

• I know but we can always try to tell them, that we would appreciate longer episodes.

dojo32161 posted: »

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Telltale has been aiming for 90 minute episodes.

• Which is a damn waste.

dojo32161 posted: »

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Telltale has been aiming for 90 minute episodes.

• is alot to juggle for Telltale

I like how you're in a forum as a Telltale fan but you don't mind putting them down. Really makes you look like you're not that much of a fan of their work at all.

TinyCarlos posted: »

I'm saying they won't be able to handle it because having five protagonists for a whole season is alot to juggle for Telltale.

• This sounds close to what I was expecting, but what does "multiple IP executions" mean?

And it's great to see TTG is on track to have two new games out in the next 8 or 9 weeks - really looking forward to playing them.

• I think it just means applying the template of Telltale's gameplay across multiple different franchises. It's like how Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, etc share the choice and consequence system basically.

Katalept posted: »

This sounds close to what I was expecting, but what does "multiple IP executions" mean? And it's great to see TTG is on track to have two new games out in the next 8 or 9 weeks - really looking forward to playing them.

• I'm skeptical about the idea of playing five different PCs. Part of the charm of TWD and TWAU was how the player was able to project themselves onto a single character throughout the course of the season. Season 1 of TWD wouldn't have had nearly as much punch if we had played as more than one PC. It was the conclusion of Lee's story, and everything we had done to bring him to that point, which made the game what it was.

I realize I'm saying all this without knowing how Telltale intends to structure the story for GoT, so I'd love to be proven wrong.

• 5 characters. 5 episodes. 90 Minutes per episode. This game will be so fast paced that it'll be nothing special.

Just watch it be another let down.

• You're full of joy aren't you? Why don't you wait until anything is actually released before you start bringing unnecessary hate on it?

5 characters. 5 episodes. 90 Minutes per episode. This game will be so fast paced that it'll be nothing special. Just watch it be another let down.

• GoT isnt about one person though. That says it all. ;)

I'm skeptical about the idea of playing five different PCs. Part of the charm of TWD and TWAU was how the player was able to project themsel

• Neither is TWD, TWAU and many others.

I agree with the original post, a single character game allows you to have a connection your character and role-play in a more interesting way. I’m curious to see how TT will make this game, but much will be lost if it is like 400 days.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

GoT isnt about one person though. That says it all.

• Aah, okay. Just some specific jargon leaking out, then.

I think it just means applying the template of Telltale's gameplay across multiple different franchises. It's like how Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, etc share the choice and consequence system basically.

• I see what you're saying but TWD S01 had to be played as Lee to feel that "punch", as you said. How did you feel about how the 400 Days DLC was done? If that still worked for you, then, yes, I think you can relax your skepticism until you know more.

I'm skeptical about the idea of playing five different PCs. Part of the charm of TWD and TWAU was how the player was able to project themsel

• I'm in this forum as a Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us fan.

And I don't think my little comment will upset Telltale.

CathalOHara posted: »

is alot to juggle for Telltale I like how you're in a forum as a Telltale fan but you don't mind putting them down. Really makes you look like you're not that much of a fan of their work at all.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2014

Prior to Wolf Among Us being released, a lot of Walking Dead fans were weary of Wolf Among Us just by virtue of it not being Walking Dead. Once the game came out, a lot of people saw Telltale's passion in the story telling and saw that their skills were not exclusive to Walking Dead. I'm not grouping you in with that crowd necessarily, but nevertheless, I think that you shouldn't knock it unless you try it (or watch a playthrough of it).

Even though some of the concerns come from recent developments after Season 1 of Walking Dead (such as 90 minute episodes), I think it's unfair to assume that Game of Thrones will lack the same passion in the game's story telling as Wolf and Dead had. A lot of people like to scrutinize Telltale by insinuating that they only went after Borderlands and Game of Thrones because they were large franchises and potential cash cows, but as a long time Telltale fan, Telltale has frequently made it a point to let it be known that they aim to work with franchises they are invested in. Sure, Game of Thrones is what's currently "in" and Borderlands is a popular shooter, but I don't think that dilutes Telltale's enthusiasm to work with the material, nor does it dilute their potential to tell a strong story.

By that same logic, Walking Dead could easily be placed under the same scrutiny. People could just as easily say that Telltale went after Walking Dead because it was a cash cow based off of a comic that got an extremely popular TV show, but as we all know, the story telling in Walking Dead: Season 1 turned out to be amazing irregardless of that. Sure, some people say that Season 2 of Walking Dead wasn't as strong as Season 1, but I think that relates more to the prominent writers leaving after Season 1. I'm not going to go on a tangent about that, but I'll just say that Vannaman/Rodkin aren't the sole pillars of Telltale's writing quality. The strong attachment people feel to the Wolf Among Us story is a testament to that if anything. I think that once Game of Thrones comes out, people will once more broaden their horizons beyond Walking Dead (or Wolf Among Us).

TinyCarlos posted: »

I'm in this forum as a Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us fan. And I don't think my little comment will upset Telltale.

• Don't bother Shubb, he won't listen. :>

You're full of joy aren't you? Why don't you wait until anything is actually released before you start bringing unnecessary hate on it?

• I bet he wants to be wrong. ;)

fallandir posted: »

Don't bother Shubb, he won't listen. :>

• So are we going to be playing as a family that's already been established within GoT continuity by Martin? Or is Telltale going to cook up something entirely new?

• Maybe a mix of both? Telltale usually likes to put their own characters/flair into these series

So are we going to be playing as a family that's already been established within GoT continuity by Martin? Or is Telltale going to cook up something entirely new?

• Alt text
    Mind Blown, I stared at your thread or 3 mins, then I was oh.....HELLL YES!! ^_^

Alt text

Bravo tell-tale bravo, I was late to discover you guys and while I really hate the waiting time you haven't disappointed me on anything else, great characters stories, this game is getting better and better. Thank you Tell-Tale

• I can always count on Blind to win me over.

Prior to Wolf Among Us being released, a lot of Walking Dead fans were weary of Wolf Among Us just by virtue of it not being Walking Dead. O

• AAAH SHIT TIME TO REJOICE!

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.