Guybrush looks different

Is he in his mid 30's now?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    He was 21 back in 1997, so that sounds about right ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »
    He was 21 back in 1997, so that sounds about right ;)

He was 21-ish in 1990, too. So maybe he's pushing 40! :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    I love his cool coat! I want one!
  • edited June 2009
    He looks a lot more intense and less goofy. It might take some getting used to.
    Okay, I'm used to it.
  • edited June 2009
    In MI2 he was having a hard time growing a beard. That goatee he's got now reminds me of my first failed attempts to grow a beard, so I think it's consistent.
  • edited June 2009
    i think he look like an idiot. This Eyes are silly. Why must Teltale kill all my childhood stars. Sam and max will die from Pointerless´ness and Gubrush from sily looks
  • edited June 2009
    Phooey! :rolleyes: Guybrush was always goofy looking!
  • edited June 2009
    He looks like a kind of combination of his look in the second and third games. I like it.
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush looked different with each game so it's OK, but will it have: MURRAY!!!
  • edited June 2009
    In LA's SE of the game, he looks like a teenage boy who tries to be cool and famous, not a pirate wannabe!
    It's like he's trying to prove her girlfriend he's awsome:D

And in TellTale's version, he looks like Cobb, the Loom Pirate a little bit! Also he looks like my cousin!
  • edited June 2009
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    In LA's SE of the game, he looks like a teenage boy who tries to be cool and famous, not a pirate wannabe!
    I.e. "Monkey Island 90210"? :D

np: Tosca - Birthday (No Hassle (Disc 1))
  • edited June 2009
    The new art style and LeChuck's new voice actor are bothering me too. But only very slightly.

I fully suspect that we'll all get used to them within about 20 minutes of playing the next game.
  • edited June 2009

well, since they built the SE on the original game, you can seamlessly change between new and ye olde graphics as you please.
  • edited June 2009
    The graphics should be secondary as well. This is a tale of swashbuckling adventure after all.
  • edited June 2009
    Not tryin ta be mean, but TT, can't you guys start thinking of upgrading the graphics a bit? The character looks among the series are looking a bit same-ish because of the similar poly counts. Saw on another board where someone was posting these look a lot like the graphics from "Escape from Monkey Island", which was made 8 years ago.
  • edited June 2009
    Changis wrote: »
    well, since they built the SE on the original game, you can seamlessly change between new and ye olde graphics as you please.
    Well, it's good news! Except for us who are working on the speech project ... LucasArts is stealing our idea ... I was so angry and Happy I heard the news and wrote it here, but it seems nobody cares about our project *cry*
    I feel just like woody in ToyStory3 trailer, he's killing himself to make a good TS3 logo, and then Buzz (AKA LucasArts) reveals the shiny, high quality one ...
  • edited June 2009
    Well, it's good news! Except for us who are working on the speech project

Hey, LeChuck's Revenge still needs voices...
  • edited June 2009
    thanatos56 wrote: »
    Hey, LeChuck's Revenge still needs voices...

I'm sure Lucasarts will update that also (if SOMI:SE sells well).
    Plus, you can't beat Dominic Armato as Guybrush.
    Hopefully they draw the line with that and don't mess with Curse.
  • edited June 2009
    Personally i think Guybrush looked really good with the beard in the LucasArts Classic Version for the XBoxLiveArcade, the one they sadly didn't take. :O)

-> http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland

The best looking Guybrush from the old ones in my opinion is this one:

-> http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/secret-of-monkey-island/cover-art/secret-of-monkey-island_box_front_1600x2011.jpg

LeChuck looks kind of thin, i liked him the best looking this way:

-> http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/lechucks-revenge/cover-art/lechucks-revenge_box_front_1600x2017.jpg

Hmmm whilst looking at the picture i guess this would be the best now looking Guybrush as well.
  • edited June 2009
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I'm sure Lucasarts will update that also (if SOMI:SE sells well).
    Plus, you can't beat Dominic Armato as Guybrush.
    Hopefully they draw the line with that and don't mess with Curse.
    Well, now you can listen to the auditioners and comment here, you can audition too, go here
    Also, we're close to cast Patrick Warburton as Meathook if he and her agent agree on it now that LucasArts is doing our job ..:mad:
    They just want to make more money! They have been ignoring this game for 5~6 years!
  • edited June 2009
    When I saw the new Guybrush, the name 'Orlando Bloom' instantly appeared in my head.

That's neither a good nor bad thing. I just wished he looked more like the 3rd version.

Edit: New Elaine looks kinda like Amy Adams. New LeChuck looks like a character from Rayman 2 and 3.
  • edited June 2009
    tredlow wrote: »
    When I saw the new Guybrush, the name 'Orlando Bloom' instantly appeared in my head.

Well, that's not a fair assessment because when Orlando Bloom appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean everyone though "Guybrush" first.
  • edited June 2009
    I actually think the new Guybrush looks more like Ragetti

ragetti.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Well, that's not a fair assessment because when Orlando Bloom appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean everyone though "Guybrush" first.

No, not really. When I saw Orlando Bloom, the name 'Otis in MI4' comes to mind.
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush looks WONDERFUL as he is. TellTale's understood that Guybrush is NOT a cartoon, he is A MAN. AND THEY MADE HIM LOOK LIKE MI2!!!
    Thanks so much, TellTale, and sorry for my yelling... I'm just too happy to be quiet!!!
  • edited June 2009
    He looks closest to the Guybrush in COMI which is fine with me.
  • edited June 2009
    Hehe, we've written opposite things at the very same moment :)
    I think his 2D hand-drawn version can remind of CMI, but, to me, the 3D mesh is obviously inspired by MI2's Guybrush. He also wears the same dresses :D
  • edited June 2009
    011.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    I wish they'd get rid of the yellowy-blonde hair, personally. His hair was reddish-brown in the first 2 games. :P
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, just look at my avatar :P
    Anyway, who cares?
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, just look at my avatar :P
    Anyway, who cares?
    I certainly don't care :) Just though I'd toss my 2 cents into the discussion.
  • edited June 2009
    derella wrote: »
    I certainly don't care :) Just though I'd toss my 2 cents into the discussion.

Lol, welcome then :)
    And welcome to the forums!
  • edited June 2009
    Now I remember where I've seen your "new" Guybrush design before:

MI5-fake.jpg

So, it wasn't an joke back in April 2002 after all, and the wheels were already turning... I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!
  • edited June 2009
    By the way, I've never found a full sized pic of that april's fool... I wonder if some crazy guy at Mixnmojo's got it.
  • edited June 2009
    By the way, I've never found a full sized pic of that april's fool... I wonder if some crazy guy at Mixnmojo's got it.
    Paco did that thing, and I've already asked him about it a while ago... here's what he said:
    Sorry to disappoint you, but there's not really a high res version of the fake April fools MI5 boxart. I remember I deliberately made that image very small and because we needed an April fools image fast I used all kinds of images cut from different pictures to paste together a boxart. I think I actually only drew Guybrush and Herman and then I used different images from pirate books and old Monkey Island images to compose that fake boxart, but because it was so small it looked nice.
  • edited June 2009
    Would everyone like Guybrush's look more if he looked like this? ;)
    picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1612
  • edited June 2009
    I have to say, I've watched all the vids of the new game so many times already, I'm already used to the new-look Guybrush!

32 days and counting..
  • edited June 2009
    I hope they give Guybrush the opportunity to change clothes between episodes/islands if plausibly convenient. I quite liked how they switched his clothes around in EMI between parts, including a red coat, a "Guybrush classic" look, and tattered rags for when he's marooned. Variety always works for me.
  • edited June 2009
    S@bre wrote: »
    I hope they give Guybrush the opportunity to change clothes between episodes/islands if plausibly convenient. I quite liked how they switched his clothes around in EMI between parts, including a red coat, a "Guybrush classic" look, and tattered rags for when he's marooned. Variety always works for me.
    I loved that too, I just hope if he wears his classic outfit at any point, that it actually looks accurate. :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.