What is GOT?

MrX1H2MrX1H2 Banned
edited November 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Can someone explain to me explain to me what exactly GOT is about? I tried watching the TV show but I was too busy paying attention to all the tits and sex to actually know what was going on in the story. I'm also fan of fan of Telltale games franchises TWDG and TWAU and I wanted to know what this franchise is all about before considering looking in to this game.

Comments

• the tits and sex

Mostly.

Seriously speaking, it's a dark huge word filled with blood, treachery, manipulation, sadness and exelent characters trying to stay alive in all of this.

• TWD in a nutshell

fallandir posted: »

the tits and sex Mostly. Seriously speaking, it's a dark huge word filled with blood, treachery, manipulation, sadness and exelent characters trying to stay alive in all of this.

• Crap, you're right. They both even have zombies.

TWD in a nutshell

• That are both nicknamed 'walkers'.

Alt text

fallandir posted: »

Crap, you're right. They both even have zombies.

• Alt text

That are both nicknamed 'walkers'.

• Its about different families (aka houses) fighting in a huge war for control of the Iron Throne, or basically to control the Seven Kingdoms. The books/show jump from multiple characters/houses so you can see the overall aspect of the war from the different people fighting in them.

Other than that, there are these things called white walkers, dragons, and like you said boobs. If the show is too distracting for you, try reading the books they are really good.

• edited November 2014

Literally all I know about it is the gay sex scenes on youtube from it which my husband showed me.

Suffice it to say, I'm very excited for this game.

;)

• Clan-like families called 'Houses' fighting for a throne and leadership of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros through means of deception, war, and magic. Lots of sex and dragons. Mysterious creatures in the North called White Walkers.

• Everyone is fighting to rule a kingdom basically. However its real life and no one is really moral

• edited November 2014

It's high fantasy masquerading as low-fantasy. As others have said, one of the core themes is the struggle to secure the throne of a huge kingdom between a number of claimants and hundreds of petty lords rallying to one or another. Also sex and ever present boobs (courtesy of HBO), though that's easy to overstate. But beneath that, it's a story of magic and mystery, with a hint of horror. Some would disagree, and say that part's insignificant. But, if you want to know what to expect, you should at least bear it in mind. There's dragons in that there tale. And giants. And zombies. And pygmy cat-elves. And grumkins and snarks.

• edited November 2014

Game of Thrones is a game where you "either win or you die, there is no middle ground." It's a world of fantastical fantasy where even when you're right, you're somehow wrong to someone else. There are seven major families that have multiple lesser houses in their service. The cold Starks of Winterfell, The golden Lannisters of Lannisport. The strong Baratheons of Storm's End. The ironborn Greyjoys of Pike. The exotic Martells of Sunspear. The cunning Tyrells of Highgarden. In the North is the Wall, manned by the men of the Night's Watch as they protect the realm from the horrors that exist far North. The seven kingdoms are ruled over by one king in King's Landing, the center of power. Let's get one thing straight. Everyone has their own motive and their own schemes. That means that whichever family holds the throne is always in danger.

This story has always been very blunt about how it portrays things like sex, violence, prejudice, corruption which has led to some minor controversy in the past about how the show has portrayed it. Don't get too attached to any certain character as everyone is in danger literally. Characterization is a very strong point in this show, but yes. Everyone can be killed at any moment. You thought The Walking Dead was bad? Oh boy, my sweet summer child. What do you know of fear? In this world, people get beheaded. People get raped. People get stabbed. People die and there is no prejudice at all in who is killed off. There's none of this IF DARYL DIES WE RIOT stuff in this show as everyone can and will be killed.

But yeah. Somehow after all that, I find it enjoyable. So there's that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.