Wiiware filesize limit a problem?

As happy as I am about the announcement, the one thing that really worries me is the 40 MB size limit for Wii Ware downloads. While that worked with the very simple SBCG4AP - graphics I fear that this will have stronger influences on the size and content of the much better looking TMI...

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Sadly, I've got to agree with you. Having looked at some of the higher resolution screenshots, it does worry me how the graphics look and how much content we're going to get in.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm also saddened by this :( Why Telltale?!? Why did you have to let greed cloud your judgment and have consumers end up with an inferior product due to size constraints! Monkey Islands episodes could have been so much better as PC only or wii too but sold on a disc.
  • edited June 2009
    Will the PC version be more than 40 meg? I was hoping the new series would be more in line with Wallace & Gromit in terms of graphics quality/size
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    PC version isn't constrained by the file size, and we haven't gone and done a lot of resolution optimization or polish yet, in either upres'd or downres'd, so the screenshots you're seeing are definitely in progress and not representative of what you'll be holding in your hands on release day (It'll look better :) ). I was concerned at first when we were just starting out, but at this point I'm pretty confident that we've got this, both on WiiWare and PC.
  • edited June 2009
    I keep thinking that nintendo will increase the file cap size after an e3 announcement.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm trusting the Telltale folks. They know more about their game engine and the workings of the Wii than we do.
  • edited June 2009
    They are using the same high res models as source data for both the wii and pc release, but the compressions settings are much higher on the wii release than on the pc release, that means that the pc release will not suffer because of the size limitations on the wii.

Opps beaten, note to my self, read thread before posting.
  • edited June 2009
    So are there any plans to release a "non-restricted" Wii version on disc once all the episodes are released? Or even simply a Wii disc release of all the episodes.
  • edited June 2009
    Keep in mind that although the WiiWare release of SBCG4AP was limited to 40 MB, the PC version was well over 100 MB. It's mostly because the Wii's compression methods are pretty impressive, despite the fact that they use regular LZ77 compression for their files.
  • edited June 2009
    BrendanK wrote: »
    So are there any plans to release a "non-restricted" Wii version on disc once all the episodes are released? Or even simply a Wii disc release of all the episodes.

No, there isn't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.