So will the game of thrones game look like a living oil painting?

edited November 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Stauffer just posted this on twitter

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/531640168231362560Job J

He is clearly describing tales from the borderlands when he says one of the games looks like his favorite fps but he also says the second game look like an oil painting

is he describing game of thrones?

Comments

• Obviously.

Now the hard part is to meet the standards of oil paintings....
    Will they be able to make it look like these? (credit to Ordoveci)

Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

• Well, TTG only has two games they're talking about right now, so...

• Game of Thrones as an oil-painting sounds quite intresting.

• This promo art just recently came out today on Twitter.

Alt text

• edited November 2014

So the question is... is this just concept art, or actual in-game 3D rendering with an oil painting aesthetic?

This promo art just recently came out today on Twitter.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's hard to tell from the key art and i know the style changes slightly between that and the final game but it looks good, hopefully we get some in game screenshots soon.

• People - including myself - asked the same thing when the first promo image came out for Wolf Among Us.

Alt text

As it turned out, Telltale actually made that promo art using Wolf Among Us in-game assets. There were obviously some differences between the game and the promo art (for example, the shadows are more exaggerated, dark, and large), but still, it was all made in engine.

I imagine this is also the case here with the Game of Thrones promo art, where they made the promo art using materials from the actual game and gave it some mild touch ups (such as the lighting once again being darker than it would in the game in some areas).

thesporkman posted: »

So the question is... is this just concept art, or actual in-game 3D rendering with an oil painting aesthetic?

• Yes, it happened this time too.

Like I said in another post, on facebook there's an hi-res version of the last teaser image.
    Looks like it's taken from the trailer, because there are what looks like video compression artifacts.

And you can see on the candles in the background the oil-shading tecnique they'll apply.
    They maybe just retouched the light glow effect (but on TOMI there's that's pretty similar effect, a green glow in ep.2 inside the manatee when Winslow coughs having the pox), and I'm not sure that the throne itself is in 3d or just a reference image applied.

People - including myself - asked the same thing when the first promo image came out for Wolf Among Us. As it turned out, Telltale ac

• I have a strong feeling that at least some aspects of the game will resemble the artistry of the game Child of Light. I know Child of Light is more of a watercolor-theme and is more storybook looking, but I think you get where I am getting at.
    Alt text

• I know you want it,
    I know you want it,
    I hate these blurred liiiines..

• Wow. These are... wow. If only second season looked like that, I would complain less.

Obviously. Now the hard part is to meet the standards of oil paintings.... Will they be able to make it look like these? (credit to Ordoveci)

• The art we've seen so far is beautiful, hopefully its representative of the game.

• Those are epic...

Obviously. Now the hard part is to meet the standards of oil paintings.... Will they be able to make it look like these? (credit to Ordoveci)

• I found an intresting mod for Skyrim. An oil-painting mode.

Skyrim

• Hmm, that looks interesting in motion. Granted, I think in the context of Skyrim (with the realistic looking models), it makes the detailed models look a little washed, but that wasn't the game's original art style so it's understandable. I wonder how it will come off in Telltale's Game of Thrones title.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I found an intresting mod for Skyrim. An oil-painting mode. Skyrim

• I don't see much of a difference when the camera moves, but the scenery does look oil-paited when it stops.

Also, I know every corner of this city. Should I be worried?

I found an intresting mod for Skyrim. An oil-painting mode. Skyrim

• No you shouldn't I know every corner too. ;)

fallandir posted: »

I don't see much of a difference when the camera moves, but the scenery does look oil-paited when it stops. Also, I know every corner of this city. Should I be worried?

• Glad to meet a fellow Skyrim fan. :> But I don't even like Whiterun. I prefer Riften or Solitude.

No you shouldn't I know every corner too.

• edited November 2014

I like Solitude's harbour. ;D

fallandir posted: »

Glad to meet a fellow Skyrim fan. :> But I don't even like Whiterun. I prefer Riften or Solitude.

• Landscape's really nice. :> I've tried to shoot birds flying over the port and wasted all of my arrows.

I like Solitude's harbour. ;D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.